GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

alignment issues and a huge dent in my car =(

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-08, 07:34 AM
handoverfi
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default alignment issues and a huge dent in my car =(

Well yesterday was just a terrible *** day for me. well 1st of all i was heading to the shop to get my tte lip, rear roof spoiler, and rmm spoiler put on! Well i ended up getting hit in the rear of my car!! SO now there is a HUGE *** dent in the rear part of my car on the side. ILl post pix later of my newest mod which is my huge dent!!!. And then last night i dosed off a bit on my way home from my friends house and i hit this HUGE crater in the road out of no where on the front left side!! i feeel soooo stupid!! i was up at 4 am for work and i was soo tired through out the day !! it was just horrible day already and when i thought it couldnt get any worse this happens

welll here is what happen with that my vsc light kept beeping and the light kept turning on. when i turned the vsc button off for a bit and turned it back on the beeping stoped. then i pulled over and i didnt see any physical damage but i think there might be some internal damage.

I think it completely threw my alignment off. When i straighten out my wheels on the front my steering wheel doesnt line up straight at all and when i straighten out my steering wheel the front wheels dont line up they are a bit turned!! my god i feel like such an assss !!

please someone help me out with this!! i hope this is just a simple alignment issue that i can get fixed when i go in to get my alignment done!!

Tomorrow my car goes to the shop to get dent pulled, painted and get my lip and spoiler installed!!
Old 10-19-08, 07:41 AM
phillygs3

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn sorry to hear this
Old 10-19-08, 07:46 AM
handoverfi
Pole Position

yea me too!! yesterday was just a day where god was out to get me!!! and he most certainly did!! just yesterday made me want to sell all my mods and my car! i was just litterally sick of driving my car with as much bs i put with it yesterday. I kept hitting these randome dips in the highway all over the damn place here in houston and i wasnt evening speeding and the car felt like it kept bottoming out. And hitting them random *** put holes all over the place. i seriously feel like just selling all my junk off it was soo annoying even at regular speeds on the hwy way.

THAT IS WHY I MADE A THREAD LAST TIME ASKING HOW FAST YOU DRIVE ON THE HWY b.c of the crappy roads everywhere in our country. all the out of no where craters and dips in the road!! they al suck!!! And everyone was like blah drive as fast as you want or i got what does driving speeds have to do with driving a droped car on the hwy. Well this is what it has to do with it. Driving fast on the hwy you cant see or avoid the craters or the dips fast enough.
Old 10-19-08, 08:14 AM
GS430V8
Lexus Champion

wow sorry to hear bro!
Old 10-19-08, 08:52 AM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

I have my car sitting pretty low and with my 35 series tires I have to try and avoid mostly everything in the road. I have learned most the roads around my house and what to avoid or not. One time though, the construction crew decided to not mark a big hole in the road and well once I noticed it it was too late. Lets just say I think my car got airborne and it was such a hard hit my center glove box opened from the impact. Luckily no dented wheels or no alignment issues.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Hope you get it all fixed and get back on the road.
Old 10-19-08, 10:04 AM
gs4004gs
Pole Position

Damn sorry to hear your bad luck.

You peeps talking about dragging your cars is one major reason I will NEVER EVER lower my GS! Been there and done that and HATED it. I don't care how many people talk trash about it looking like a farm vehicle, at least I can pull in an out of driveways with ease.
Old 10-19-08, 10:50 AM
AYEmike
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by gs4004gs
I will NEVER EVER lower my GS! Been there and done that and HATED it.
you sure you have seen VIPstyle ? hahaha JK
Old 10-19-08, 11:19 AM
handoverfi
Pole Position

well the alignment thing isnt bad as it looked last night! i looked at it and the steering wheel isnt out of wack but i still want my alignment done!! i just called the insurance company today and im getting alll my stuff fixed at a lexus dealer! i am gona get in contact with a friend that works at sterling mccall lexus here in houston to see whatsup! now i got to waste my time and talk to an adjuster on tuesday!! blah! o well its kooo but i hope they give me a loaner at the dealer!
Old 10-19-08, 11:23 AM
AYEmike
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by handoverfi
well the alignment thing isnt bad as it looked last night! i looked at it and the steering wheel isnt out of wack but i still want my alignment done!! i just called the insurance company today and im getting alll my stuff fixed at a lexus dealer! i am gona get in contact with a friend that works at sterling mccall lexus here in houston to see whatsup! now i got to waste my time and talk to an adjuster on tuesday!! blah! o well its kooo but i hope they give me a loaner at the dealer!
dont think they will unless you still have your warranty on the car, but i could be wrong.

they only offered me a loaner cus i still had my warranty a couple months back
Old 10-19-08, 11:43 AM
handoverfi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by fuzionn
dont think they will unless you still have your warranty on the car, but i could be wrong.

they only offered me a loaner cus i still had my warranty a couple months back
well insurance company is giving me a voucher for a rental so lets see if they will take that if not ill just go to enterprise!
Old 10-19-08, 04:18 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Sorry to hear that! I hope it all gets fixed quickly! Sounds like you're gonna come back better than before though with the lip and spoiler.

I hear you on being careful on the highway, I do alot of highway driving and I'm fortunate most of the highways around here aren't too bad for potholes. I know the roads I drive real well and where I need to be careful. It's the surface streets you gotta watch out on but it's a lot easier to avoid stuff at 30 or 40 mph.

I'm always scared to hit animals in the country, with the car sitting as low as it is even a small animal will do damage. I caught a big raccoon with my front bumper earlier this summer, cracked the bumper and took out a fog light. I really want to put on a TTE lip when the bumper gets repainted but I'm a little scared I'll just end up hitting another small animal and destroying it!