GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

My SRT SuperCharger Stage 2.5 GS400 Part I

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-02, 09:14 AM
LexCiting
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My SRT SuperCharger Stage 2.5 GS400 Part I

Last night Moe, and his crew finally returned my GS400 back to me after 2.5 weeks. I have to admit that it was a quick turnaround considering what they did. First let me start at the beginning. After having a close run in with a CLK430 in Dec (it was closer than I wanted), I decided to go with the SRT Intake, SRT RACE ECU, and SRT TC. I was riding on TSW chrome Revo 17's, and was otherwise stock. Well, let me say: WOW! The acceleration was amazing. NO PROBLEMS at all with hesitation, engine lights, etc. The ONLY thing was traction with my wheels from all the torque.

But I needed MORE!!! And I thought I could wait, but then a good friend of mine got a 2002 M5! And you know how much crap BMW owners talk. Well, after a heated discussion, and him TELLING me that NO ONE makes any stable aftermarket systems for the GS that can get it to touch his cars' performance. A bet happened. $1000 His car against my GS400. I guess that got my blood going!!!!

So after talking to Moe, and getting his expert advice on what I needed, I took the plunge.

I went out and got the Borla exhaust, TRD LSD, 19' chrome wheels (because it WILL be a sleeper!!!), bilstein struts, eibach springs, ordered the Supra TT brakes, crossed drilled rotors, Impluse SS brake lines, TRD racing pads, TRD STB, and some other cosmetic things (clear markers, Greddy Lip, etc).

Packed it all in my car, and headed to SRT. Gave Moe the keys, and ordered the SRT Stage 2.5, Tranny valve upgrade, and told him to make a REAL sleeper. Then the wait began....

FINALLY -- last night, Moe told me she was ready, and then there was the test drive! Moe takes the keys, turns off the VSC, and guns it! OH @!*@*!&@&!!!! My NECK!!! MY NECK!!! So much power! Now, I have a tuned GSXR SRAD 750 making 125hp at the rear, and I know torque, but DAMN! Then we get to a straight away, Moe gets to about 60, and hits it! WHAT A MINUTE? I KNOW WE ARE NOT DOING A BURNOUT AT 60mph? Yup! We were!

So we go back to the shop, and after I finally was able to pry my hand off of the door handle! LOL (didn't know I was holding on that tight!) Moe gives me instructions on the brake in period, and what to/ not to do as far as the break in (under 5000K until I reach 250 miles), and upkeep of the SC.

No problems going home! SLOW! So this morning I take her to work. No incidents, well....

(Moe is going to be pissed at this!)
Well, I am going to work, and I pass this CLK 430! Well, as soon as it opens up, He goes FLYING pass me, and cuts over to my lane. I get in the right lane. Well, we end up stopped at the light. Side by Side. People are at a bus stop looking at both of us. He looks over, and laughs. I mean he frickin' laughs!!!!
I just shake my head. The light turns green, and I wait, and of course he hits it. I hit it right after he does (kept it under 5K, Moe!) And lets just say he was at least 5 cars back, and he was trying hard to catch me! I never went pass 4500K rpm, and the engine was begging me to push it. I just let the trans shift, and never redline. We end up at another light, and of course he doesn't look over. I roll down the window, and beep the horn. He rolls down his window, and is like "YOU GOT SOMETHING UNDER THAT HOOD!". He was laughing, and I said "You think?". Light turns green, this time I hit it. NO SLIP AT ALL!!! (Thank you, LSD!). Needless to say, he didn't try. I will post my before and after pics later tonight!

Good Hunting!!!!

Lee

Last edited by LexCiting; 02-20-02 at 12:55 PM.
Old 02-20-02, 09:26 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats man!!!!
Enjoy the power.
Old 02-20-02, 09:39 AM
JYOO

WHOAAAAA!!! PICS PLEASE! Planning to go to the track?
Old 02-20-02, 09:52 AM
RacingAristo

What is your mpg now with SC?
Old 02-20-02, 10:03 AM
altaf
Pole Position

Awesome Lee... what's your hp rating now? And do you mind sharing how much the "tune up" cost?
Old 02-20-02, 11:25 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,372 Likes on 1,557 Posts

Originally posted by RacingAristo
What is your mpg now with SC?
ROFL

Yeah - can you use regular unleaded?
Old 02-20-02, 11:41 AM
JacobT

Congrats, Lee. Another happy SRT customer.
I knew Mo is working om something, he's been quiet for a while. Now the new secret weapon revelaed. Looks like we have more M5 killers in DC area more than anywhere else

Lee, you must have spent more than $10k to win that $1000 bet
Old 02-20-02, 11:43 AM
LexCiting
Lead Lap

Talking

Hey guys thanks! I will definitely have the pics up by tonight or tomorrow. I took pics of the wheels/brakes/exhaust/engine bay before and after the install. Moe can't believe I am keeping it as plain as I can (outside of the rims). I don't even have a wing spoiler on the back.

JYOO - will definitely have it at the track

RacingAristo - Haven't had it long enough to gauge the MPG but I am keeping track of it.

altaf - Moe is getting a DYNO machine in his shop in 3 weeks, and should be up and ready by that time. He said he will fine tune it then, and POST ALL of his DYNOs for all his products. So that should take care of a lot of the "where's the DYNO numbers" questions. He will install my boost gauges this weekend, and I might take it to a DYNO shop around my area to get some numbers. I wonder what would happen if I used high octane racing gas??? Hmmmm

Lee
Old 02-20-02, 11:49 AM
LexCiting
Lead Lap

Default @ JacobT

LOL
Thats what my girl said!!! Thats called the ENRON technique of investing! But I was going to do all of this anyway. I also have another bet with my cousin who has a stock 2000 C5. so at least I will recoup $2000. LOL
I am just glad that I did sooner than later. It seemed to me that Moe had a lot of business coming his way when I was over there, and I wouldn't want to wait too long. (Not to put the man's business out there like that!!! ) He definitely has his stuff together.

Lee
Old 02-20-02, 12:35 PM
alexus
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

un f#%$ belivable!

you *MUST* provide pictures
Old 02-20-02, 12:47 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i cant wait for my forced induction!!!! only two years to go!!

your car sounds sweet man! so im guessing u raced the M5? how was it?
Old 02-20-02, 12:52 PM
JYOO

Dont forget to put on the slicks!
Old 02-20-02, 01:10 PM
RacingAristo

Please let me know the mpg with your SC as I'm trying to decide whether I should go for forced induction or not. Don't want my car to suffer 10mpg. Thank you.
Old 02-20-02, 02:01 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,372 Likes on 1,557 Posts

Originally posted by RacingAristo
Please let me know the mpg with your SC as I'm trying to decide whether I should go for forced induction or not. Don't want my car to suffer 10mpg. Thank you.
You're serious! :eek: Why the hell do you care about gas mileage if you're going to spend several thousand on upgrades?
Old 02-20-02, 02:07 PM
GS430 GUY
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by bitkahuna

You're serious! :eek: Why the hell do you care about gas mileage if you're going to spend several thousand on upgrades?
I guess in Cali, where gas prices are the highest, it makes a difference. Who knows???

Quick Reply: My SRT SuperCharger Stage 2.5 GS400 Part I