GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)
View Poll Results: Which day would you prefer to meet up
Friday March 1st @ 8:00 PM (IN & OUT- Cruize Sunset)
50.00%
Saturday March 2nd @ 12:00 (Starbucks-Rock Store)
50.00%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

CLUB LEXUS Los Angeles MEEEEET !@#%@% 818 323 805

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-02, 05:41 PM
enginyr
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Los Angeles MEEEEET !@#%@% 818 323 805

This is going to be our Second meet for the Los Angeles area. I was thinking of either the same saturday morning starbucks thing or something a bit different.

Friday night we meet up @ 8:00 for dinner and cruze sunset or old town pasadena...

Either way this is almost two weeks notice to get permission from your wifes and or girlfriends (or both )

Please Vote on which day you would prefer....

Friday March 1st
or Saturday March 2nd
Old 02-20-02, 05:47 PM
disc108
Lead Lap

March 2nd. I-Club is having a Dromo1 day on Saturday. Maybe we could merge?
Old 02-20-02, 06:05 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Enginyr- I would stay away from Sunset- 2 many cops + 2 many lexus = 2 many fix-it tickets.... I would be willing to meet up somewhere else. Sat is good for me!
Old 02-20-02, 06:07 PM
Christobol
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I would love to go, but can't. I've got some other things going on that weekend. If I can break away for a bit I will, but it's doubtful. Oh and some of our girlfriends book weekend months in advanced... damn Palm Pilots... at least she programmed her birthday so I don't forget
Old 02-20-02, 06:50 PM
RacingAristo

Christobol,

I can totally understand how you feel. That's why I could never come to a Club Lexus meeting with girlfriend's advanced schedule.
Old 02-20-02, 08:02 PM
Civic Si-r
Lead Lap

Hey, I'm totally game. i had fun on the last meet. In terms of my girlfriend, I usually don't tell her till the lst minute, she's not interested in "guy's stuff" and she could care less about cars. This is a plus for me no arguing here Hey just post the date , time, and where.
Old 02-20-02, 08:25 PM
Christobol
Advanced

I'd love to do it the week after the 2nd. My girlfriend doesn't mind me going to these things, in fact I had her take her car to AutoX, and she had a blast. Civic, I have sway bars on now, so the hills would be even more fun

Chris
Old 02-20-02, 08:59 PM
Civic Si-r
Lead Lap

Hey Christobol, how do you like the TRD sways?

1) Can u feel the difference?
2) How how much did they set u back, including install?
3) Where did u have them installed?
4) Any squeeking from the swaybar bushings?

Thanks
Old 02-20-02, 09:00 PM
Civic Si-r
Lead Lap

On my last post I meant L-tuned sways, my bad!!!!!!!!
Old 02-20-02, 09:38 PM
Christobol
Advanced

Mike,
They cost me $306 from the Mission Viejo dealership, and cost me $85 to install. All together it was $414 after taxes and everything I believe.
I'm really glad that I got them. I haven't hear a peep from them. Once they installed them I noticed them right away on the corners, but I didn't really feel it while changing lanes. However after a couple of days I really started to notice a difference. I can whip the car all over the place and the body hardly rolls. I think the work perfectly with the stock suspension, I might go with coilovers so I'd find out how they work on a non-stock suspension.

I really would suggest that you get them. For the cost I think they have the most effect to the way your car corners. I don't notice them at all on straight line driving, they only come into play on corners. One thing I have noticed though is that the rear end will come out on me more easily. That because the rear is so much stiffer than the front. It's nothing wreckless though, it just takes a day or two to get used to. I now understand why AutoX doesn't allow them in the stock class (well the rear). If I can get to another meet I'll let you take it for a spin.
Old 02-20-02, 11:27 PM
Lvangundy

I'm in for a Saturday
Old 02-20-02, 11:30 PM
Lvangundy

Ehh.cruisin sunset..sounds fun ..and in and out..
man undecided
itl most likely be a saturday..i have school on friday nights
Old 02-21-02, 06:42 AM
Civic Si-r
Lead Lap

Originally posted by Christobol
Mike,
They cost me $306 from the Mission Viejo dealership, and cost me $85 to install. All together it was $414 after taxes and everything I believe.
I'm really glad that I got them. I haven't hear a peep from them. Once they installed them I noticed them right away on the corners, but I didn't really feel it while changing lanes. However after a couple of days I really started to notice a difference. I can whip the car all over the place and the body hardly rolls. I think the work perfectly with the stock suspension, I might go with coilovers so I'd find out how they work on a non-stock suspension.

I really would suggest that you get them. For the cost I think they have the most effect to the way your car corners. I don't notice them at all on straight line driving, they only come into play on corners. One thing I have noticed though is that the rear end will come out on me more easily. That because the rear is so much stiffer than the front. It's nothing wreckless though, it just takes a day or two to get used to. I now understand why AutoX doesn't allow them in the stock class (well the rear). If I can get to another meet I'll let you take it for a spin.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Christobol thanks for your fine critique, the cost is reasonable and yes a spin in your IS would do it justice. Lets try to hook up on the next meet. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-21-02, 04:00 PM
enginyr
Banned

Looks like friday is in the lead.
Old 02-27-02, 09:09 AM
enginyr
Banned

The meet will be Saturday morning at Starbucks @ 12:00 (AGAIN). First person to get there please make way for 10 cars atleast. The Starbucks is on Ventura and Topanga.....If your comming off the 101, get off on topanga and go south 1/2 a block or PM me for my cell number.

Gentlemen Start your engines.......vroom vroom?

Here is a pic from our last turn out.
Attached Thumbnails CLUB LEXUS Los Angeles MEEEEET  !@#%@% 818 323 805-sb1.jpg  

Quick Reply: CLUB LEXUS Los Angeles MEEEEET !@#%@% 818 323 805