GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

98 gs300 2jzgte swap help

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-08, 04:48 PM
bitzbp
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 gs300 2jzgte swap help

Hey everyone I've been on here a while but I rarely ever post, but now I need some serious help!

I have a 98 GS300 with a jdm 2jzgte swap and the car is converted to manual tranny but since I bought it almost 2 years ago its never really been right. Awhile ago I started trying to convert the car to run on an AEM EMS for a supra twin turbo, but I can't finish the job. I need some some help from people that have done this before. I want to hand the car/harnesses over to a shop that knows these cars.

Please if anyone knows of a reliable, GOOD shop that does these kinds of swaps in the NORTH EAST, then please let me know.

thanks
Brian P.
Old 10-30-08, 04:51 PM
jcat_350
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bitzbp
Hey everyone I've been on here a while but I rarely ever post, but now I need some serious help!

I have a 98 GS300 with a jdm 2jzgte swap and the car is converted to manual tranny but since I bought it almost 2 years ago its never really been right. Awhile ago I started trying to convert the car to run on an AEM EMS for a supra twin turbo, but I can't finish the job. I need some some help from people that have done this before. I want to hand the car/harnesses over to a shop that knows these cars.

Please if anyone knows of a reliable, GOOD shop that does these kinds of swaps in the NORTH EAST, then please let me know.

thanks
Brian P.
is your swap motor VVTi? if it isn't, that's where your problem is.

if it is VVTi, then it probably is a result of a tuning issue. The AEM FIC ive heard is very good for lower level tuning, and allows you to control VVTi better.

good luck, as for a shop for this, I know of Hy-Tech auto salon in RI but i don't know how far of a drive that'd be for you. They have some of the best aftermarket techs around here, I know one of the guys that works there or used to work there.
Old 10-30-08, 05:59 PM
bitzbp
Driver School Candidate

The motor is not a vvti motor, but that shouldn't matter. Remember I had the car running on a stock Aristo ecu, but now I am trying to wire the car to run an AEM stand alone made for the supra twin turbo
Old 10-30-08, 06:35 PM
jcat_350
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bitzbp
The motor is not a vvti motor, but that shouldn't matter. Remember I had the car running on a stock Aristo ecu, but now I am trying to wire the car to run an AEM stand alone made for the supra twin turbo
ok so you're saying the problems arose when you tried to get the EMS running on it?

in that case, it could again be a VVTi issue haha, if the engine is not VVTi but the ems is made to run a VVTi (98+) supra, it could be causing issues.

also, it could be causing issues with the aristo tranny.

check out boomslang.us, i know their product is not necessarily tailored to your specific problem, but they could probably make you up a harness for the application.
Old 10-31-08, 04:18 AM
bitzbp
Driver School Candidate

No the problems were there before the ems install. I couldn't boost over 8psi and the wiring was hacked up that was the reason for going to the EMS. The ems is the standard supra tt ems but even if it was for the vvti motor, if wired correctly would run the motor with no problems. the wiring is the real issue. I am no newbie to custom wiring, I have built/wired stand-alone ecus in porsches, bmws and hondas, but for some reason my GS300 is causing me a big headache and I just don't have the time to spend with it.

Someone on another forum told me to look at Phoenix Tuning so i'm gonna call them today because it looks like most of what they do is toyota swaps
Old 10-31-08, 07:50 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

http://www.powerhouseracing.com/merc...annsc300.shtml
try them they helped walk my buddy through his gs300 2jz swap
call them and see what they have to say!
BEST SHOP I KNOW OF BESIDES TITAN FOR SUPRA SWAPS INTO LEXUS' IN MY OPINION

the owners shop sc300
http://www.powerhouseracing.com/merc...annsc300.shtml