GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

The VIP-Style look??

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-08, 05:17 AM
Neo300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Str8 VIP
what kinda of rims are these
Amistad S's.
Old 11-03-08, 11:07 AM
phillygs3

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Str8 VIP
what kinda of rims are these
here you go

http://www.amistad.ne.jp/s/index.html
Old 11-03-08, 04:49 PM
UpstateLex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I understand the VIP look but i'm mad confused on exactly what needs to be cut in order to get the wheels to tuck ... and what kind of shop would actually do the work? Do i need to have my aftermarket wheels before I do it? and so on...
Old 11-03-08, 05:05 PM
phillygs3

Originally Posted by UpstateLex
I understand the VIP look but i'm mad confused on exactly what needs to be cut in order to get the wheels to tuck ... and what kind of shop would actually do the work? Do i need to have my aftermarket wheels before I do it? and so on...

here you go

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/vip-style-188/
Old 11-03-08, 07:11 PM
[ant]
Lexus Test Driver

have a look, you'll see. haha you dont need to do it unless you have aggressive offsets
Old 11-04-08, 05:59 PM
UpstateLex
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks philly, I've taken a gander through the VIP forum a few times... anywhere I could at least look at a tutorial of some sort? I'm just wondering exactly how its done. When I do get wheels in the spring I def wannt to know whats the deal ya know and I definitely want to get low.
Old 11-04-08, 06:09 PM
phillygs3

Originally Posted by UpstateLex
Thanks philly, I've taken a gander through the VIP forum a few times... anywhere I could at least look at a tutorial of some sort? I'm just wondering exactly how its done. When I do get wheels in the spring I def wannt to know whats the deal ya know and I definitely want to get low.
What part of NY you from ? There are some guys from NY that I'm sure can help you out. Here you go
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/neloc-175/

Give Gsoup a pm his name is Carlos Him and a few other guys got things goin on in the NY area . I'm sure they wouldnt mind pointing you towards the rte direction , plus you will make some friends.
Old 11-04-08, 06:32 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i've taken aspects from VIP and will be incorporating them with my own personal style
Old 11-04-08, 11:13 PM
SLVRGS3
Driver

Originally Posted by augdogg
Vip = Overrated ;P
+1 ....

i've noticed people change!! before and after VIP.. gettin to their heads! but whatevers..

everyone's talking bout buying all these VIP kits out there and not getting replicas.. but..

what about custom kits?

there are people dropping loads of cash on custom fiberglass kits due to body work/fitment/paint .. why? to stand out from everyone else.. you'll know you're the only one or of the few with that kit.. are you only VIP when you buy a popular brand name kit that's pricey? (besides having that fitment and stance) personally, i dont think so! as long as it flows well with the rest.. because we all know not just anyone would cut up and/or create a fiberglass body kit..

Dont get me wrong, I love Jp, Aimgain, Fabulous, kbreak etc..!
idk.. do any of you have anything against custom kits? if so.. do you consider it replicas? and why? just thinking out loud..
Old 11-04-08, 11:32 PM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

Originally Posted by SLVRGS3
Dont get me wrong, I love Jp, Aimgain, Fabulous, kbreak etc..! idk.. do any of you have anything against custom kits? if so.. do you consider it replicas? and why? just thinking out loud..
Wouldn't a custom kit cost more than all those name brands you just mentioned? From design, to fabrication, to production, involves serious cash.
Old 11-04-08, 11:38 PM
MrExecutiv
Lexus Champion

I for one do not support buying replicas, not because I am VIP, but because its a copy of someones design and creativity.
I for one have nothing against custom kits for they are one-off and to me it means that someone actually took time, had a vision of a kit and made it real, instead of copying the design of a real kit.
just my .02
Old 11-04-08, 11:42 PM
SLVRGS3
Driver

Originally Posted by MrExecutiv
I for one do not support buying replicas, not because I am VIP, but because its a copy of someones design and creativity.
I for one have nothing against custom kits for they are one-off and to me it means that someone actually took time, had a vision of a kit and made it real, instead of copying the design of a real kit.
just my .02
i share the same view as you do on this.. i personally wouldnt buy a knock off kit.. never have.. but appreciate the effort/time/skill someone took into creating a kit.. this is what i was trying to get at.. thanks for your input!
Old 11-04-08, 11:44 PM
MrExecutiv
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SLVRGS3
i share the same view as you do on this.. i personally wouldnt buy a knock off kit.. never have.. but appreciate the effort/time/skill someone took into creating a kit.. this is what i was trying to get at.. thanks for your input!
Old 11-04-08, 11:54 PM
SLVRGS3
Driver

Originally Posted by V8_Aristo
Wouldn't a custom kit cost more than all those name brands you just mentioned? From design, to fabrication, to production, involves serious cash.
yes it would.. easily..!
Old 11-06-08, 09:31 PM
UpstateLex
Lexus Test Driver

from syracuse NY, good lookin out philly preciate it man

Quick Reply: The VIP-Style look??