GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

My formal introduction to this section

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-08, 06:36 PM
Anthony
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Clean Civic
Old 11-30-08, 06:42 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

Two words.....ball joints, check em, fix em, or pay the consequences haha by the way clean hatch
Old 11-30-08, 07:05 PM
mr. ek9
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by speedaddic
oh snap!!! I bought the NSX wheels from you!!! Just recognized it!

Hahah small world... sent you a pm!
Old 12-01-08, 09:43 AM
mrkenji
Lexus Champion

clean EK welcome to the boards
Old 12-01-08, 11:54 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by mtparker18
Nice looking civic!
What's under the hood?
if its a real CTR its got a b16b under the hood! kind of a turd (i saw this compared to a type-r ) but VERY rare and expensive (put extra money into a b18c1 and build a faster poor mans type-r) or just buy a b18c5 and spend STILL extra money to make better (the b16b makes like 185 hp and the b18c5 makes like 195 and the b16b costs like 5300 or it did back in the day, been outta honda scene sooooo long now) BUT i still dream for a TRUE jdm crx delsol with A WORKING TRANSTOP. so dont think im hating i would give up a ******** for that clean *** CTR

Originally Posted by HI98GS
Did you convert the EK9 to a right hand drive? or is the pic just a mirror image. I have a friend that did that and it was a lot of work. My first vehicle was a DA6. did the all motor crap on a b18A, got it to safely maintain revs at 7200 (too much engine work to mention) No it wasn't an LS/Vtec conversion. It was strictly and LS motor with a lot done to it. Damn, I wish I still had it.

ACTUALLY a EK9 is ALWAYS right hand drive....america never saw the ek9 (chassis code for the honda civic type-r hatchback) we just saw a civic hatch no type-r civic hatch so no if its a TRUE EK9 its factory rhd! oh n for all of u old honda heads.... the EK4 sucked compared to the EK9 dont feel bad either i built a turboed b18b1 n didnt wanna do a ls/vtec. it went from my 93 delsol to my 93 hatch to my 2001 hatch...before some DD hit it and i went back to my delsol

mr ek9 how did u find such a pristine condition ek9? most come cut n half or mangled in shipping....thought registration was a PITA too? she's beautiful btw
Old 12-01-08, 12:47 PM
JoelGs
Lexus Test Driver

Welcome to CL....I'm sure all of us at one point owning a honda...This is is an addiction...Better watch out!!! lol
Old 12-01-08, 03:09 PM
mr. ek9
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sakataj
mr ek9 how did u find such a pristine condition ek9? most come cut n half or mangled in shipping....thought registration was a PITA too? she's beautiful btw
well it came from N1 concepts in california... they found the car and dissasembled it and shipped it here as parts. once here it was all put back together. the car was in nowhere near the condition that it is in today. the paint had spots on it where rust from the shipping container settled on it, so the whole car was resprayed. many parts were sold and replaced with brand new ones from honda of japan like the bumper, lip, grille, headlights, carpet, floor mats, headliner, climate control, shift boot, emblems, decals, valve cover, etc... then the car had to meet DOT approval so all new honda glass was put in... alot of time went into this car and i still have alot left. one of these days i need to pull the motor and re-spray the bay because the original battery that was in the car leaked a tiny bit and messed up the firewall a tid-bit.... i also need to get my new wing painted and installed, and a new intake, and new exhaust... im in no hurry now though because the car just sits most of the time as is, so id rather spend the time on a different project right now
Old 12-01-08, 03:25 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Welcome to Club Lexus!

Hope all goes well with that GS you're trying to get
Old 12-02-08, 11:27 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by mr. ek9
well it came from N1 concepts in california...
then the car had to meet DOT approval so all new honda glass was put in...
i remember N1. thought they were closed or outta business now though.
didnt think the jdm bumper supports would meet DOT approval as they recommended for a lower crash mph then ours are....

EITHER WAY, VERY VERY good looking ctr, i would be proud to have her in my stable. when i got outta the honda camp i looked at a real soarer, and a real aristo but i wanted a 2nd gen and no1 had one of either. i was gonna import it into canada so it wouldnt be a parts or off road ONLY car and drive her back to the states but maybe one day in the future
Old 12-02-08, 12:08 PM
whazzzzuup
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the site! Is that Dut's old Civic?
Old 12-02-08, 02:00 PM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by speedaddic
Welcome to CL....that's funny...a honda for a garage car and a lexus for the daily...

I'm totally opposite on that...I have a hatch for daily and a lex in the garage
Exactly but alotta guys over on honda-tech have a thing for the almighty ctr hatch paying 14k-20k for a rhd hatch lol. Those days are over thank god, honda-tech home of the theives.
Old 12-02-08, 03:29 PM
muhbuhtuh
Lexus Champion

nice clean civic! i love it.

welcome to clublexus
Old 12-03-08, 12:59 PM
mr. ek9
Driver School Candidate

so heres my problem guys.... id like your input

this car is going to be my daily, but ive always wanted a VIP styled car. my issue is that im working on a budget. i looked at two gs's and cant decide. one is an all stock black on black with navi which is the color combo i want, but will require wheels and suspension... the other is a white one with 20's and already has suspension, but id want to do an aftermarket navigation unit in it and im not a huge fan of the tan interior, and third is a 98' q45 bagged on 20's. its my favorite car out of the three, but carries a higher price tag, and is a v8, but will save me in the long run.... im not sure what to do but i thought id ask for your input. thanks CL for all the kind words
Old 12-03-08, 03:30 PM
desrd_spds
Driver School Candidate

i would get the blk/blk one as its a fresh start. you never know what the previous owners have done to the modded cars.
Old 12-03-08, 05:22 PM
mr. ek9
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by desrd_spds
i would get the blk/blk one as its a fresh start. you never know what the previous owners have done to the modded cars.
the white one i have no idea what all was done, but it is pretty stock though.... the black Q is a friend of mine and its clean as can be and i know he did all of the stuff right. the ONLY reason i dont want to get the black GS is because id be putting at least 2-3k into it with wheels/tires/suspension... im not ballin' like some of you guys

Quick Reply: My formal introduction to this section