GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Valet scratched my wheel...hopefully happy ending

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-08, 12:06 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Valet scratched my wheel...hopefully happy ending

For those of you who are familiar with Atlanta, I went to the Sundial 3 weeks ago and the valet guy took my car upon entering. I typically don't do valet because of the horror stories but I let it ride this time because we were late and the parking deck at the Westin is a nightmare.

I come out and my car is parked ON the curb. The front and rear wheels are TOUCHING the cement. This is less than 1 week after I had them painted, keep in mind.

So they lose my keys, im standing in the cold for 20 minutes and then they finally find and give me my keys and i pull away easily hoping there is no damage. After I pulled the car off the curb I got out to check for damages and scratches and sure enough, they scratched my front wheel when parking my car ON the curb.

They were really nice about it and I filled out a report, the guy told me it would be about 2-3 business days and I would hear from them, I got in the car and left.

I have been really busy with finals so it's my fault for not calling sooner but I never heard from the parking company (Central Parking) so I called yesterday. So far they have been really professional and I will have to get an estimate of what it would cost to fix the wheel and send it to them. I might actually make a few bucks off this transaction because a buddy of mine works at the body shop where I got my wheels painted so I can have it done for like $20...not the $200 that the invoice says.

Anyway, I will keep you guys posted as it is not over yet, but so far it has been a good experience and I have a feeling that they will take care of it appropriately.
Old 12-11-08, 12:15 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

sorry to hear that. hope everything works out well for you.

when i valet, i still park it in front...i just pay/tip a bit more when my frame was about 3.5" off the ground, i dont trust anyone driving my car anywhere
Old 12-11-08, 12:50 PM
JoelGs
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4ntvings
sorry to hear that. hope everything works out well for you.

when i valet, i still park it in front...i just pay/tip a bit more when my frame was about 3.5" off the ground, i dont trust anyone driving my car anywhere
+1 yeah..sorry to hear what happen...I thought the valet suppose to take extra care of your cars not thrashing them..thanks for sharing...MP!!
Old 12-11-08, 01:05 PM
phillygs3

Yeah you should be fine with the outcome. I actually use to work for Central parking here in Philly . If you bring it to there attention before you leave the lot than your ok. Once you leave there is nothing you can do about it.
Old 12-11-08, 01:07 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

I was actually pretty pissed when it happened because on the back of the number that they leave in your car is their "agreement" in size 2 font which basically releases them from any liability of ANYTHING that happens to the car. Considering that I was not expecting them to own up to it the way they have, but so far they have been really cool.

No complaints about Central Parking so far...and they are one of the larger parking companies (around ATL at least).
Old 12-11-08, 01:14 PM
turbosw20
Pole Position

Did you tip them on the way in?Were you polite to them uselly stuff like this happens when people stiff or just plain rude!Trust me i would know!But overall hope everything works out for you!

Last edited by turbosw20; 12-11-08 at 01:20 PM.
Old 12-11-08, 02:09 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by turbosw20
Did you tip them on the way in?Were you polite to them uselly stuff like this happens when people stiff or just plain rude!Trust me i would know!But overall hope everything works out for you!
Yeah I tipped the guy $10 when I gave him my car!
Old 12-12-08, 01:06 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

hahaha i just noticed then of your title....so your looking for a happy ending huh? try one of those "massage" places..........
Old 12-12-08, 01:13 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by sakataj
hahaha i just noticed then of your title....so your looking for a happy ending huh? try one of those "massage" places..........
Dude...the street that I live on in ATL is like "happy ending" haven.

[sarcasm]They're all extremely credible looking, high end, massage parlors. [/sarcasm]
Old 12-12-08, 01:43 PM
ICEBERGS
Lead Lap

yeah that would have pissed me off too!! I kind of stay away from the velet guys! even though i did valet my car a few weeks when I was down there in ATL turned out the guy paking cars was a member here on CL so that was a sigh of relief!!!!!
Old 12-12-08, 02:03 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
Dude...the street that I live on in ATL is like "happy ending" haven.

[sarcasm]They're all extremely credible looking, high end, massage parlors. [/sarcasm]
maybe thats why my brother always seems in a good mood when he comes home. he lives in atlanta but family lives in memphis. he plays soccer for the soon to be defunct atlanta silverbacks
Old 12-12-08, 02:16 PM
o6spdracer
Lead Lap

Sorry to hear that happened to you. I'm happy to hear they are being professional and forthcoming about it. I remember a few years back we were partying in LA. No where to park except Valet. I really try to avoid it whenever possible, but in this situation we had no choice. Well long story short, one of the girls left her camera in the bottom part of the door (out of plain sight b/c glove box was full) and my buddy had his ipod connected in the armrest. We pick up our car and camera and ipod are gone. We hadn't left yet, so we go and talk to the 'manager' who was less than helpful, saying they switched shift between and there was no way of knowing who was responsible. Basically out of luck. All calls to the management company were ignored. Lesson learned.
Old 12-14-08, 08:47 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by onesickgs
damm sorry to hear this, how bad is it? post a photo of the wheel ?
its just a little knick but the thing is that i JUST had the rims painted so they were flawless.
Old 12-14-08, 08:48 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by o6spdracer
Sorry to hear that happened to you. I'm happy to hear they are being professional and forthcoming about it. I remember a few years back we were partying in LA. No where to park except Valet. I really try to avoid it whenever possible, but in this situation we had no choice. Well long story short, one of the girls left her camera in the bottom part of the door (out of plain sight b/c glove box was full) and my buddy had his ipod connected in the armrest. We pick up our car and camera and ipod are gone. We hadn't left yet, so we go and talk to the 'manager' who was less than helpful, saying they switched shift between and there was no way of knowing who was responsible. Basically out of luck. All calls to the management company were ignored. Lesson learned.
that is awful. sorry to hear about that man!
Old 12-14-08, 08:56 PM
MrExecutiv
Lexus Champion

sux to hear that happen. I try to avoid valet parking coz I really do not trust anyone driving/parking my car. On the brighter side, at least the company was very professional and helpful so far to you when you brought it to their attention.

Quick Reply: Valet scratched my wheel...hopefully happy ending