GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

well guys 275/30 fits!!!! WOOOOT WOOOT!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-08, 03:04 PM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Solo_D33A

255/35/19
275/30/19

Rear clears without a problem.
Front need to roll/cut the fender and remove the inner fender liner.
Do 245/35 that should fit fine.
Old 12-26-08, 03:06 PM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by chrispy
What's wrong with exposed lips? I like exposed lips.

Learn how to park and you should have no problems. Because if you do there will be a thread about it.
Sorry to bash on you here a bit Chris, but not all of us drive slowly on the interstate ...
Old 12-26-08, 03:19 PM
airmax
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Learn how to park and you should have no problems. Because if you do there will be a thread about it.
rofl!!!

and +1 to what mr exec said. it gets pretty old seeing you ask the same questions and get the same answers over and over again. if we give you answers, its because we've been there and done that. not saying that everyone is jumping down your throat...but if they are...i cant blame them for it.
Old 12-26-08, 03:23 PM
chrispy

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusscturbo
Sorry to bash on you here a bit Chris, but not all of us drive slowly on the interstate ...
I don't always drive slow. And I don't know what curbing wheels has to do with driving on the interstate.
Old 12-26-08, 05:16 PM
augdogg
Lead Lap

I love driving slow....
Old 12-26-08, 05:31 PM
handoverfi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by airmax
rofl!!!

and +1 to what mr exec said. it gets pretty old seeing you ask the same questions and get the same answers over and over again. if we give you answers, its because we've been there and done that. not saying that everyone is jumping down your throat...but if they are...i cant blame them for it.
Originally Posted by MrExecutiv
The tire sizes shouldn't really even be a problem if you just bought a smaller size tire. You told us you really didn't want to do a lot of fender work and a fender shave and roll would be the most you'll do, so you should've ran a 255/265 tire on the rears. these sizes should give you enough tire to be able to daily drive safely. you ask us for help and we are here to give you our help based on our personal experience. we are not trying to bash you or give you a hard time, but if you can see almost all of us have the same answers to your questions, maybe next time try considering our advice based on our own experience.
What's wrong with exposed lips? I like exposed lips.

this is just a old thread i bumped up instead of making a new one since you guys dont like seeing me make news ones. All i did was merely state what i have and what i have been going through. with the new wheels. I never asked anyone for new help. I probably kicked myself in the *** when i said i dont want to mod the fenders but now i am lol, but o welll..what can i do? Im just going to take my car to a guy who does pulls and see what he think. if he said the pull wont help ill just buy smaller tires...My fault. And then guys in the thread assumed im using stock lugs on my mayas. I mean come on joe you even know jason from prestige knows not to use stockie. I gave him tuner lugs. hes the one who said hes having trouble torquing them down. he then told me the tapper inside the lug holes on the wheels were stripped from the previous owner. I spoke to jefftsai and he recommanded Mcgard lugs so im going that route to see whatsup and see if that fixes the problem. If not im just gona get the wheel redone with new inserts
Old 12-26-08, 05:40 PM
augdogg
Lead Lap

Are your fenders shaved already?
Old 12-26-08, 05:44 PM
handoverfi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by augdogg
Are your fenders shaved already?
yea they are. And if the guy i take my car to get the fender pulled say its not gona work i guess ill eat my words and just go with a stretched tire!! 265 or 255
Old 12-26-08, 05:49 PM
Chumacher
Lead Lap

275/30's been fittin bro that's old news.
Old 12-26-08, 06:28 PM
MrExecutiv
Lexus Champion

its not that you were asking for new help. it just sucks coz you're having all these problems that you shouldn't have with the offsets and size you are running. With the offsets you have a simple shave/roll would have sufficied if you just kept the 275 or gone lower with the 265.

Originally Posted by handoverfi
yea they are. And if the guy i take my car to get the fender pulled say its not gona work i guess ill eat my words and just go with a stretched tire!! 265 or 255
255/265 aint gonna have a stretch, but will definitely clear better than the 285, I really was confused on why you bought the 285's.
How much would the guy charge to pull your fenders? I hope he does a good job on it or you'll have dimples or waves, then you'll have to end up getting body work done and paint.

Last edited by MrExecutiv; 12-26-08 at 10:55 PM.
Old 12-26-08, 07:09 PM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

I don't always drive slow. And I don't know what curbing wheels has to do with driving on the interstate.
Lips that protrude outwards have a greater chance of getting bent or hit with debris.
Old 12-26-08, 09:08 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lips that protrude outwards have a greater chance of getting bent or hit with debris.
lol...like when i drive with my arm out the window, I have a better chance of it getting cut off...
Old 12-26-08, 09:55 PM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You are such tight asses over
Old 12-27-08, 12:32 AM
ElitistK
Lexus Champion

lowered cars also have a greater chance of hitting debris that normally would go under the car.

slammed cars also have a greater chance of bottoming out.

stiffer suspensions also have a greater chance of skipping on top of potholes, causing loss of traction and therefore reduces handling.

..and the list goes on.....

Originally Posted by handoverfi
Instead of making a thread about 275/30 fits and why 285 won't fit on a 10.5 +29 in the rear, why don't you make a complaint about it to the Lexus HQ in Torrance, CA?

It's just the way how our cars are made, and there's nothing you can do about it unless you run wider fenders, more negative camber, stretched tires, 2" wheel gap, or all the above. Your options are simple, but you do not want to do any of those things to make your wheels fit. Maybe next time you should buy wheels with Honda offsets so you don't even have to worry about shaving fenders.
Old 12-27-08, 01:33 AM
airmax
Pole Position

Originally Posted by speedaddic
lol...like when i drive with my arm out the window, I have a better chance of it getting cut off...
LOLOLOL

Quick Reply: well guys 275/30 fits!!!! WOOOOT WOOOT!!!!