GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

A very bad bday for me...

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-08, 09:53 AM
junjdm
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

OMG.....dang that sucks!!!! Thats gotta be the worst feeling....sorry to hear about that! Damn cleptos!!!!
Old 12-12-08, 10:28 AM
turbosw20
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh hell no!!Sorry to see that especially during christmas!
Old 12-12-08, 10:35 AM
melski415
Lead Lap

tell me about it. not only do i have to come out the pockets for xmas, but now this.
Old 12-12-08, 10:49 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by melski415
My bday was yesterday. I woke up this morning and guess what? My car is sittng on crates. Dang, when people want something they'll do anything to get it. ****!!!
That sucks, at least they did not get the entire car or you were not jacked for your car and possibly shot for it. It sucks happening the day after your birthday but if it makes you feel any better a couple years ago I got shot point blank in the back with a 12 gauge shotgun from a hunting accident and almost died the day after my birthday so there are worse things that happen.

It seems every time I read about someone getting their car stolen, broken into, keyed, or screwed with 95% of the time it is usually in California or to a lesser extent New York or New Jersey. I don't know what is going on in California and if it is just a huge degredation in morals, values, and poor parenting but it only seems to get worse and crime and bad behavior seems to be almost celebrated and encouraged from certain groups. If you keep having people trying to steal your rims and mess with your car I would seriously think about moving to a nicer area but they may not be possible. I would also start thinking about who you know who might have done this or told people about your rims, often times crime can be traced to people you know. You might want to pay more attention to who walks by your car day or night and what cars seem to pass it frequently.
Old 12-12-08, 11:01 AM
Debonair
iModerate

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by UDel
That sucks, at least they did not get the entire car or you were not jacked for your car and possibly shot for it. It sucks happening the day after your birthday but if it makes you feel any better a couple years ago I got shot point blank in the back with a 12 gauge shotgun from a hunting accident and almost died the day after my birthday so there are worse things that happen.

It seems every time I read about someone getting their car stolen, broken into, keyed, or screwed with 95% of the time it is usually in California or to a lesser extent New York or New Jersey. I don't know what is going on in California and if it is just a huge degredation in morals, values, and poor parenting but it only seems to get worse and crime and bad behavior seems to be almost celebrated and encouraged from certain groups. If you keep having people trying to steal your rims and mess with your car I would seriously think about moving to a nicer area but they may not be possible. I would also start thinking about who you know who might have done this or told people about your rims, often times crime can be traced to people you know. You might want to pay more attention to who walks by your car day or night and what cars seem to pass it frequently.
Keep in mind the states you listed above probably have more people per square foot then others. More people always equals more crime. Also without a garage anyone who drives by your house or see's you driving and follows you home will know about your wheels and where they are. You don't have to tell a soul.
Old 12-12-08, 11:16 AM
melski415
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by UDel

I actually live in a good neiborhood. Good neiborhoods seem to be the target for thieves.
Old 12-12-08, 11:27 AM
Red Bully
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to hear that bro
Old 12-12-08, 11:30 AM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Received 115 Likes on 54 Posts

wow bro sorry to see that, that horrible sight to see!!
Old 12-12-08, 11:36 AM
melski415
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Ay-nako
wow bro sorry to see that, that horrible sight to see!!
Just like your name all i could think was ay nako.
Old 12-12-08, 11:39 AM
melski415
Lead Lap

I didn't hear crap too. They said the might of used the pillow technique. They muffled the sound with pillow on the drill... or something like that.
Old 12-12-08, 11:46 AM
SH212
Dances with goats

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn... that sucks.. hopefully things get better for you
Old 12-12-08, 11:52 AM
MrExecutiv
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by melski415
Just like your name all i could think was ay nako.
*sighs* ay nako. lol.
Sucks to see this happen. It'd be better off garaged or get stock rims this time and wait until you have a garage before you buy a new set of wheels coz there is a good chance that they will steal again.
Old 12-12-08, 12:02 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Dam that sucks bro. Broke you down to your brake calipers. Hope u find the azz who did it.

-Smitty
Old 12-12-08, 12:29 PM
JoelGs
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Neo
Sorry to hear. I hate people who don't respect others' properties. I know it is a hassle but hopefully, the insurance company will take care of you.

Good luck (and Happy BDay).
speechless.....I felt sorry for you bro...sorry to hear that..I hope your insurance will cover for your lost...Did you have the receipt for your previous wheels...? This will make the process a lot easier...
Old 12-12-08, 12:40 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow sux!!

You never did answer the question. Did you have lug locks or not?

I have (4) gorilla locks....and (1) gorilla spinning lock on each wheel. Nothing is safe, but the my locks are a deterrant....and will make it harder/longer for them to steal....maybe by then, someone will notice and call the cops.

No locks are like an invitation to steal them.

Quick Reply: A very bad bday for me...