GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)
View Poll Results: What should I get?
Belleza Headrest Monitors for 450 + 2 months (525 + next week)
26.32%
4 neck pads for $100, JP table $275, Curtains $140-ish
42.11%
Other suggestions (post below) Someone is going to say "Give it to me" ..
31.58%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

I don't know what to do with this money.

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-08, 11:52 AM
Gunnut
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by istundra
how about saving that money for future maintenance work?
That's what I'd do with the money. But then again I'm an old fart of 45 who has better things to do with his money than bling up a depreciating liability.
Old 12-16-08, 11:59 AM
arpham
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunnut
That's what I'd do with the money. But then again I'm an old fart of 45 who has better things to do with his money than bling up a depreciating liability.
haha yes maybe when I'm 40 and have 5 kids, I'll worry about that.
Old 12-16-08, 12:02 PM
samster16
Driver

words from a wiseman!!
Old 12-16-08, 12:28 PM
augdogg
Lead Lap

Not that I don't agree w/ you to an extent, but if you view things like that why purchase a Lexus when you could have saved more money purchasing a Toyota? Wouldn't you agree that most of life luxuries are not neccessarily neccessities, but endulgencies. These opportunities also enhace the quaility of your experience on a positive note and sometimes practical thinking can be the opposite becoming detrimental. You ask why, I say why not...as long as you can manage it, right? Age and exp accounts for alot, however there are many your age i'm sure that live extravagant life-styles and do fine. On that note, plan for tomorrow but understand that tomorrows not promised to anyone...so you do you and have fun making it sick!!!
Old 12-16-08, 04:26 PM
Gunnut
Pole Position

Originally Posted by augdogg
Not that I don't agree w/ you to an extent, but if you view things like that why purchase a Lexus when you could have saved more money purchasing a Toyota? Wouldn't you agree that most of life luxuries are not neccessarily neccessities, but endulgencies. These opportunities also enhace the quaility of your experience on a positive note and sometimes practical thinking can be the opposite becoming detrimental. You ask why, I say why not...as long as you can manage it, right? Age and exp accounts for alot, however there are many your age i'm sure that live extravagant life-styles and do fine. On that note, plan for tomorrow but understand that tomorrows not promised to anyone...so you do you and have fun making it sick!!!
Where in my post did I "ask why"? He asked opinions and I gave mine, which is to save the money for future maintenance. I have been down the road of 'customizing' vehicles. Lost money on every one. Best financial advice is to not spend it.
Why did I buy my GS400? It was the best car I could buy for 11k cash. I'm debt free and loving it. I could have bought a Toyota except they do not offer rear wheel drive and a V8 in a sedan.
JIMA
Old 12-16-08, 04:28 PM
Gunnut
Pole Position

Originally Posted by arpham
haha yes maybe when I'm 40 and have 5 kids, I'll worry about that.
No kids here.
JimA
Old 12-16-08, 04:32 PM
ISFjimmy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

No kids here.
JimA
sad..........
Old 12-16-08, 04:37 PM
Gunnut
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GS-F
sad..........
18 nephews and neices and two step kids (both married) plus two step grandkids.
Nothing sad here.
JimA
Old 12-16-08, 06:17 PM
augdogg
Lead Lap

Where in my post did I "ask why"? He asked opinions and I gave mine, which is to save the money for future maintenance. I have been down the road of 'customizing' vehicles. Lost money on every one. Best financial advice is to not spend it.
Why did I buy my GS400? It was the best car I could buy for 11k cash. I'm debt free and loving it. I could have bought a Toyota except they do not offer rear wheel drive and a V8 in a sedan.
JIMA
Your right, you didn't ask anything and it is your opinion on what you would do w/ money insted of "blinging up depreciating liability". I respect that and have no question in regards to your automotive history/knowledge, but am happy to hear you at least have one. I also recommended saving it as well.
Old 12-17-08, 09:43 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by arpham
Is it tax deductible? haha

I decided to get some performance mods for the car
it can be.....let me jot down some stuff on a piece of paper and u can turn it into your tax person....it's legit i swear n this is what your tax guy will do to you!

so what mods u getting? the ones listed on here or something else?
Old 12-17-08, 10:40 AM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmmm buy some nice pillows for the long drive .. and if you have at least 1000. in your checkig account and call that your zero balance ... THEN I would take a trip maybe for the weekend ..

Otherwise I have modded the car from the outside first and inside last but i know they make Tvs for your visors with dvd players for 250 for both ... keep looking for mods maybe better priced ... also I have a limited edition Aug table ... and love it ahaha
Old 12-17-08, 10:58 AM
arpham
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BippuPxr
Hmmm buy some nice pillows for the long drive .. and if you have at least 1000. in your checkig account and call that your zero balance ... THEN I would take a trip maybe for the weekend ..

Otherwise I have modded the car from the outside first and inside last but i know they make Tvs for your visors with dvd players for 250 for both ... keep looking for mods maybe better priced ... also I have a limited edition Aug table ... and love it ahaha
LOL.. It was all good until you mentioned you had aug's table.. i hate you
Old 12-17-08, 11:02 AM
arpham
Lead Lap

I got the Injen intake for $100. I'm saving up for the Tanabe exhaust.

Oh I should make another poll to see if Aug can make like 3 sets for the new year..haha I wish.
Old 12-17-08, 11:02 AM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hahah I understand I am upon one of the rare ... have you seen it btw ?

matches the leather I have in the car ... and chrome hehe (aug post a pic) im at work and cant link hehe
Old 12-17-08, 11:05 AM
arpham
Lead Lap

haha yes. I do NOT need to see the pic. It would only make me sad.

I'm on myspace remember?

Quick Reply: I don't know what to do with this money.