GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

test fitted again to get these pix for you guys!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-08, 05:30 PM
4play4dr
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if ur going to shave the rear..u MIGHT be able to fit the 285 tire and tuck it..not too sure..dont quote me on that..im jus judging by offsets..how wide are the rears? why not jus stick with 275's and shave and tuck? would look pretty much the same anyway
Old 12-17-08, 05:34 PM
ceelo
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quit posting these stupid test fitting threads and mount the damn things already . Those wheels look great though and it will be even better once you get the ride height dial in .
Old 12-17-08, 06:01 PM
handoverfi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 4play4dr
if ur going to shave the rear..u MIGHT be able to fit the 285 tire and tuck it..not too sure..dont quote me on that..im jus judging by offsets..how wide are the rears? why not jus stick with 275's and shave and tuck? would look pretty much the same anyway
Im getting the rear shaved tomorrw! i think i will be fine up front! since its a 20x9 and ill be running a 245/35 the rear is a 10.5 and i went with a 285/30 to just cover most of the rim and not expose the lips. Plus it wasnt that much of a differ in price and size when i compared them! the price was pretty much the same on both tires!!

Originally Posted by ceelo
Quit posting these stupid test fitting threads and mount the damn things already . Those wheels look great though and it will be even better once you get the ride height dial in .
still got to mount new tires, fender shave tomorrow, and then alignment ,heigh adjustment on saturday along with a brake job!
Old 12-17-08, 06:08 PM
4play4dr
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^sounds good..dont post any new threads until u get all that finished
Old 12-17-08, 06:25 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

nice wheels

is that a motel/hotel parking lot you installed the wheels?
i think your other pics, posted in another thread, were similar as well (on the g35s)
Old 12-17-08, 06:37 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by handoverfi
the rear rim is only a 29 offset. im not not expert either but when i compared the 275 to the 285 it really want much of a differ in width!! but it might make the biggest differ once its all mounted on the car lol
Hopefully they'll fit alright! I went from a 275 to 285 on mine and it made a significant difference in clearance but my wheels are only 9.5" wide too so it may be pretty different for you.

BTW, how are you liking the LS460 retro? Are you happy with output and beam pattern?
Old 12-17-08, 06:42 PM
Debonair
iModerate

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by 4ntvings
nice wheels

You beat me to it. That the first thing I noticed. The Motel management does not call the cops on you? How did you get the wheels to the Motel, back seat and trunk?

Anyways wheels look cool. Not my style but then again their not my wheels so
Old 12-17-08, 09:56 PM
handoverfi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Kyle Harty
Hopefully they'll fit alright! I went from a 275 to 285 on mine and it made a significant difference in clearance but my wheels are only 9.5" wide too so it may be pretty different for you.

BTW, how are you liking the LS460 retro? Are you happy with output and beam pattern?
the retro is pretty nice i like it alot!! it lights up like 5 lanes on the hwy at night
Originally Posted by Debonair
You beat me to it. That the first thing I noticed. The Motel management does not call the cops on you? How did you get the wheels to the Motel, back seat and trunk?

Anyways wheels look cool. Not my style but then again their not my wheels so
my friend owns that place i had my wheels stored at his storage at his place of businesss
Originally Posted by 4ntvings
nice wheels

i think your other pics, posted in another thread, were similar as well (on the g35s)

yea that is out business also! its a VERY COMMON business for indians to own a hotel or a motel! even though most ARE owned by an indian! Hopefully i can quit my job and own me a nice holiday inn or marriott type brand hotel in a few years. Anyways that is way off topic lol
Old 12-17-08, 10:00 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

can't you just bump your old test fit thread? A little camber in the rear when it lowers will clear your wider tire...
Old 12-17-08, 10:18 PM
handoverfi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by speedaddic
can't you just bump your old test fit thread? A little camber in the rear when it lowers will clear your wider tire...
ok ok i got the point no more new threads!

anyways i got question for the people who have rolled fenders in the front.

If i get the front rolled can i keep my fender lining??? i dont want to lose that!

im geting the rear shaved and front rolled if i dont have to lose the lining!!
Old 12-17-08, 10:23 PM
KNEXX
Lead Lap

^ I dont think it will clear w/o rubbing like hell. I have a 10.5 +26 with a 255/35 and destroyed my tires. I believe you will have to shave and pull the fenders w/ that 285/30.

Originally Posted by handoverfi
ok ok i got the point no more new threads!

anyways i got question for the people who have rolled fenders in the front.

If i get the front rolled can i keep my fender lining??? i dont want to lose that!

im geting the rear shaved and front rolled if i dont have to lose the lining!!
Dont jump to roll the front, bc there's more space compared to the rear. Lower the car, make the adjustments in the rear and see if the front needs to be rolled at all. Again I have the same set-up 20x9-20x10.5

Last edited by KNEXX; 12-17-08 at 10:32 PM.
Old 12-17-08, 10:30 PM
handoverfi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by KNEXX
^ I dont think it will clear w/o rubbing like hell. I have a 10.5 +26 with a 255/35 and destroyed my tires. I believe you will have to shave and pull the fenders w/ that 285/30.
well im keeping the ride height where its at right now in the rear!! and tomorrow i am getting my fender shaved down anyways! my rear offset is a 29
Old 12-17-08, 10:35 PM
KNEXX
Lead Lap

Roll with that and see what happens... just remember to adjust your camber. This will help with any possible rubbing issues. Good Luck and the Wheels look Sweet btw... dial her in and shine her up and your Money!
Old 12-17-08, 10:39 PM
handoverfi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by KNEXX
Roll with that and see what happens... just remember to adjust your camber. This will help with any possible rubbing issues. Good Luck and the Wheels look Sweet btw... dial her in and shine her up and your Money!
thanks man! i think i will let the alignment shop mess with ALL the cambering and ride height issues!!

and thanks!
Old 12-17-08, 11:02 PM
KNEXX
Lead Lap

lol it can be a pain, but I guess Im cheap! Here's a link to my ride so you can see how close the 255 sits w/ 10mm.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...new-shoes.html

Last edited by KNEXX; 12-17-08 at 11:08 PM.

Quick Reply: test fitted again to get these pix for you guys!!!!