GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Where have you been scammed off the net!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-02, 08:10 PM
Christobol
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Come'on guys

I can't believe that none of you noticed this on ebay. There is an Escrow service. The way it works is that you pay them a fee ($50 +- depending on the sale price) in addition to the money that it will cost for whatever you've won. From there you and the seller decide who will pay for shipping if you're not satisfied with the product. Then you pay the Escrow service the entire price. From there the sell it told that the Escrow company has the money. You then have 3 days from the date of delivery to notify the Escrow service of the condition of the products. If you don't think it's what they seller represented you tell them, and then have it shipped back. Then they will refund you your money minus the fee (I think you can force the seller to have to cover that fee if you refund it). That way there is a third party that controls everything so that you don't get screwed. I know it's a pain in the ***, but when you're talking about a couple of grand it's way worth it.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/community/escrow.html
Old 02-27-02, 10:30 PM
CSHFLW
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by CamRen
...... you can always use PAYPAL and use a credit card to send money threw paypal.... so if the guy screw's you over!!! you screw paypal over by getting a charge back from your credit card company and your CC company is gonna get the $$ back from paypal... so youll have your money... paypal is gonna go after the seller for there money....
This doesn't work!?!

In the Paypal fine print it says that the when you send money it's there money then and you can't reclaim it. But Did it really work? Because on your credit card it says PAYPAL and when the CC contacts paypal it says it did nothing wrong....it processed the transaction and paypal isn't going to pay. Unless hes a Verified paypal member (like me )

Also Enginr use COD then...
Old 03-04-02, 02:28 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

yup works for me.... my Credit card company must be cool then! hehe

got my money back 3 times already....

works... fine no problem
Old 03-04-02, 02:54 PM
enginyr
Banned

What do you tell your Credit Card company to cancel ?
Old 03-04-02, 03:57 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

you tell them you wanna "charge back" becuase you never made the purchase.... becuase if u think about it.. you didnt make the purchase... cause you never got your item...
Old 03-04-02, 04:03 PM
enginyr
Banned

Originally posted by CamRen
you tell them you wanna "charge back" becuase you never made the purchase.... becuase if u think about it.. you didnt make the purchase... cause you never got your item...

I like they way you think...But it sounds fishy.......
Old 03-04-02, 04:36 PM
LexFather

The only thing I've been scammed about is the ladies I've met on the net UCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK and 1 winner!
Old 03-05-02, 12:37 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

i dont know man....

its your way of thinking

ive been scammed off but i ended up getting my money back ... so im happy.... what ever it takes to get you $$ back is the way to go... you can just go by the guys place and pick up the item if you "dont trust any1" which is kinda normal now.... you cant trust any one anymore these days...
Old 03-05-02, 12:43 PM
alexus
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

yeah but then you have to have 0 on your paypal account

paypal is screw people over.. big time
i lost few grand with paypal and with their stupid *** policy.. pay pal is NOT safe.. if someone who you send money on paypal will take money and disappear paypal wont be able to do anything... how "safe" is that??
Old 03-05-02, 01:20 PM
enginyr
Banned

Originally posted by a1exus
yeah but then you have to have 0 on your paypal account

paypal is screw people over.. big time
i lost few grand with paypal and with their stupid *** policy.. pay pal is NOT safe.. if someone who you send money on paypal will take money and disappear paypal wont be able to do anything... how "safe" is that??

How did it happen?
Old 03-05-02, 03:11 PM
Christobol
Advanced

You're forgetting one major thing. Paypal is not designed for your PROTECTION. It's deisnged to facilitate the transfer of funds between people. They make it easier to conduct business online. They also make it easier to give out your credit card info, since they are the only ones that have it, rather than giving it out to semui-random sites, and people.

Your protection comes from being smart, and using something like an escrow service. There are thousands of people on paypay who haven't had a single problem, but that is because they are upfront people. In my buying and selling of 7 things I've never encountered a problem. I didn't however reply upon Paypay to take care of things in case the other party was commiting fraud.
Old 03-05-02, 03:19 PM
alexus
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Come'on guys

Originally posted by Christobol
I can't believe that none of you noticed this on ebay. There is an Escrow service. The way it works is that you pay them a fee ($50 +- depending on the sale price) in addition to the money that it will cost for whatever you've won. From there you and the seller decide who will pay for shipping if you're not satisfied with the product. Then you pay the Escrow service the entire price. From there the sell it told that the Escrow company has the money. You then have 3 days from the date of delivery to notify the Escrow service of the condition of the products. If you don't think it's what they seller represented you tell them, and then have it shipped back. Then they will refund you your money minus the fee (I think you can force the seller to have to cover that fee if you refund it). That way there is a third party that controls everything so that you don't get screwed. I know it's a pain in the ***, but when you're talking about a couple of grand it's way worth it.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/community/escrow.html
oh we did see it, its just many people "sellers" would want to use probably mostly due to extra cost..
Old 03-05-02, 04:42 PM
Christobol
Advanced

Default Re: Re: Come'on guys

Originally posted by a1exus

oh we did see it, its just many people "sellers" would want to use probably mostly due to extra cost..
"probably"?? No most sellers are willing to use it if you pick up most of the cost. The hard part is making them pay for the cost of shipping if you don't approve of the item. Especially on something that will cost over a grand, the cost of the Escrow service is less than 5%. If I'm going to buy something worth 3 grand, I'm going to make sure the seller will do the escrow. If not, he can go to the 2nd highest bidder. When I want to sell something for 4 grand I'm more than willing to use the escrow service. How else are you going to give someone piece of mind about giving you that much money before they can see what they are buying?

Anyone who is upfront will do the escrow service. The cost... well that's such a small percentage of the entire cost that it's almost nothing.