GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Picture Request: 17inch gs400 wheels with 30mm spacers.

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-09, 11:03 PM
pingu
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My guess is that he wants to know if 30mm's will work without fender modifications.
Old 01-15-09, 04:22 AM
wowitztai
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pingu
My guess is that he wants to know if 30mm's will work without fender modifications.
no i guess people cant read titles i just wanna see what 30mm looks like on 17in gs wheels thats all
Old 01-15-09, 02:43 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wowitztai
no i guess people cant read titles i just wanna see what 30mm looks like on 17in gs wheels thats all

ha. i can read just fine. i included pics of both 30mm & 35mm w/oem 17's for comparison purposes.
Old 01-15-09, 03:00 PM
pingu
Lexus Champion

I guess you cant read the posts that people have wrote. Upstate posted pictures for you. You should thank him.
Old 01-15-09, 04:56 PM
Jedidiah
Pole Position

Originally Posted by upstateGS4
ha. i can read just fine. i included pics of both 30mm & 35mm w/oem 17's for comparison purposes.
Upstate-- been a while.. How you doing man? Did I miss the thread unveiling the fantastic pictures of your ride? I see your avatar and I'm freaking out... PM me.. I want to see this bad boy in all its glory!
Old 01-15-09, 08:47 PM
whazzzzuup
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey, upstategs4, how much more room did you (approximately) have from the tire to the fender; both front and rear? I am thinking about purchasing some 38mm (1.5 inch) spacers for all 4 corners. I think my car is slightly lower than your car on the Teins. It should work, right?
Old 01-15-09, 10:51 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by whazzzzuup
Hey, upstategs4, how much more room did you (approximately) have from the tire to the fender; both front and rear? I am thinking about purchasing some 38mm (1.5 inch) spacers for all 4 corners. I think my car is slightly lower than your car on the Teins. It should work, right?

sorry bro..i cant give u good guess on that because im just not sure. the pics show best, i know the angle is crappy but its all i got before we changed the suspension over. ill tell u right now without a slight roll in the front and a full shave in the rear, i dont think 38mm all around with the oem 17x8 & stock spec tire is going to work well for you.. especially if you're dumped. with that being said, if you already have that done, i think 35mm front and 40mm rear would look real good without foreseeable problems. dont forget, you want like 5mm less in front then the back...just the way the hubs sit on the gs, the same size spacer will "poke" more in front then it does in the back.. to look "even" u gotta use a little less up front.. good luck...and remember, when it comes to these spacers, you get what you pay for... the best ive used are H&R and project kics in regards to overall quality and durability (onetongarage makes some real sick ones too but not in the large size you're looking for)... i made the mistake of trying out a couple off brands like m2tuning on ebay when i was looking for larger sizes no one else carried, and the pressed in studs snapped right out of them after like 1 wheel change.
Old 01-17-09, 08:26 PM
wowitztai
Lexus Champion

sorry bro..i cant give u good guess on that because im just not sure. the pics show best, i know the angle is crappy but its all i got before we changed the suspension over. ill tell u right now without a slight roll in the front and a full shave in the rear, i dont think 38mm all around with the oem 17x8 & stock spec tire is going to work well for you.. especially if you're dumped. with that being said, if you already have that done, i think 35mm front and 40mm rear would look real good without foreseeable problems. dont forget, you want like 5mm less in front then the back...just the way the hubs sit on the gs, the same size spacer will "poke" more in front then it does in the back.. to look "even" u gotta use a little less up front.. good luck...and remember, when it comes to these spacers, you get what you pay for... the best ive used are H&R and project kics in regards to overall quality and durability (onetongarage makes some real sick ones too but not in the large size you're looking for)... i made the mistake of trying out a couple off brands like m2tuning on ebay when i was looking for larger sizes no one else carried, and the pressed in studs snapped right out of them after like 1 wheel change.
i jsut picked up a set but they arent hubcentric so imma go look for toher ones
Old 02-06-09, 11:41 AM
whazzzzuup
Lexus Test Driver

These pictures may help some of the members on here. The first 2 pictures are with a 30mm spacer. The last 2 are with a 30+8mm spacer (38mm).

Old 02-06-09, 01:00 PM
pingu
Lexus Champion

Wow. Are you lowered?
Old 02-06-09, 01:16 PM
Caoboy
Lexus Champion

It looks like they are lowered just a bit. All this money spent on spacers....well...I guess it'll go well when people don't do research buying aftermarket rims, then they can space them out to get what they really want lol.
Old 02-06-09, 01:17 PM
pingu
Lexus Champion

But those are stock 17's
Old 02-06-09, 08:13 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Caoboy
It looks like they are lowered just a bit. All this money spent on spacers....well...I guess it'll go well when people don't do research buying aftermarket rims, then they can space them out to get what they really want lol.
Originally Posted by pingu
But those are stock 17's

yeah man... this guy was just lookin to see how the oem wheel would look spaced out. Cao i know you weren't directing your comment at me, but the thread doesnt really have anything to do with trying to correct an offset problem due to improperly fitted rims.
Old 02-06-09, 09:55 PM
whazzzzuup
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Caoboy
Caoboy- No offense, but you are misunderstanding the point of this thread. He asked for pictures of stock 17-inch wheels with 30mm spacers. Other members and I provided reference pictures for him. Also, spacers are cheap; relatively speaking. A set (4) of high-quality spacers generally cost approximately what a decent-quality 19-inch tire will cost.

Pingu- Yes, the car is lowered. The car looked so high because it was just jacked up for the spacer installation.

Here are 2 pictures from 5 minutes ago (no finger gap). It's not completely flush yet. I think it can come out another 3mm. It's still high for my taste with the 235/35/17. But the reason why it's a bit high is because I was running a fat tire setup on my 19-inch Work wheel. I will lower it about 4 threads if I decide to keep the 17-inch wheel on there for the winter.

I think another 3mm will be flush/rubbing:

Here is a crappy picture with the 19"s on. Same height.
Old 02-06-09, 11:35 PM
pingu
Lexus Champion

Man that is a little too close for my taste. Looks nice though.

Quick Reply: Picture Request: 17inch gs400 wheels with 30mm spacers.