GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Bought Bad Oil *help*

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-09, 10:13 AM
tungo
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

time for a can of seafoam. It works
Old 01-15-09, 11:06 AM
habeeb89
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not really surprised that this happened since it's Walmart, they take return on anything and half the time they don't even check what's being returned. I had a situation where I bought a can of fish food only to find it half empty and they tried to say that I did it...after 20 mins. of arguing and threatening to go to corporate I got a refund.
Old 01-15-09, 01:55 PM
McKrevice
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by habeeb89
I am not really surprised that this happened since it's Walmart, they take return on anything and half the time they don't even check what's being returned. I had a situation where I bought a can of fish food only to find it half empty and they tried to say that I did it...after 20 mins. of arguing and threatening to go to corporate I got a refund.
You argued over fish food? I would have mentioned it, and if they would have fought, I would have said whatever, and bought another one. Arguing over a few bucks just isn’t worth my time.
Old 01-15-09, 05:22 PM
MJImport
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by McKrevice
You argued over fish food? I would have mentioned it, and if they would have fought, I would have said whatever, and bought another one. Arguing over a few bucks just isn’t worth my time.
It's the principle of the matter, I would have gone ape shyte too, haha.
The customer is always right.
Old 01-15-09, 05:33 PM
bigguppy
Instructor

Got my oil changed this morning by walmark. I had them flush 2qt of oil through just to be safe. Also had them collect a sample for the lab. It was really black! Looks like its been used more than 5,000 mile. The mechanic was shocked, he even said sorry. But the manger was a *****.
Old 01-15-09, 08:27 PM
McKrevice
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MJImport
It's the principle of the matter, I would have gone ape shyte too, haha.
The customer is always right.
over fish food?

who cares. Unless it's fish food made of gold and forged by the hand of God I would argue. But for something that cost less than a Big Mac, forget it.
Old 01-15-09, 08:30 PM
McKrevice
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bigguppy
Got my oil changed this morning by walmark. I had them flush 2qt of oil through just to be safe. Also had them collect a sample for the lab. It was really black! Looks like its been used more than 5,000 mile. The mechanic was shocked, he even said sorry. But the manger was a *****.
So you brought your car back and let them work on it? haha, wtf is wrong with you? Letting any Walmart mongoloid near your car is mistake #1.

BTW, oil gets black. Doesn't mean it's bad. It's doing what it was supposed to do.

You're fine, quit worrying about it and just drop it. You don't need to send anything to a lab for a sample.

What are they going to tell you? YUP! It's oil! And YUP it's used!

Anything else? Uh, no, just making sure it was used oil....

Have a nice day sir.
Old 01-15-09, 08:35 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,000 Likes on 2,423 Posts

You didn't notice the foil seal wasn't there? Wow. I wouldn't even pour it if the seal wasn't intact.
Old 01-15-09, 08:50 PM
raytseng
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
You didn't notice the foil seal wasn't there? Wow. I wouldn't even pour it if the seal wasn't intact.
I don't know specifically about Mobil1 oil,
but the oil bottles or ATF I've used so far doesn't have a foil seal. I only recall seen seals on additives and maybe some jugs of windshield washer fluid?
I'd actually be somewhat pissed if I got to open up these caps and then have to get past extra foils seals with chances of bits of foil/paper/glue getting in to change my oil.

This is just motor fluid, not aspirin or vitamins or something you're eating.
To OP, sucks that you were the victim of a scam, this crap shouldn't happen, but also, your car is fine, don't worry so much if a couple oz of someone's random old oil is in there, it's a sturdy automobile (toyota at that) not the space shuttle.
Old 01-15-09, 09:12 PM
bigguppy
Instructor

Originally Posted by McKrevice
So you brought your car back and let them work on it? haha, wtf is wrong with you? Letting any Walmart mongoloid near your car is mistake #1.

BTW, oil gets black. Doesn't mean it's bad. It's doing what it was supposed to do.

You're fine, quit worrying about it and just drop it. You don't need to send anything to a lab for a sample.

What are they going to tell you? YUP! It's oil! And YUP it's used!

Anything else? Uh, no, just making sure it was used oil....

Have a nice day sir.

Hmmm..... so in the long run say around the next few thousand miles my car breaks down. You going to pick up my bills? I rather dish out the $24.95 to have a piece of mind. And if anything was wrong with it i know who to forward the bill to. McKrevice?

Anyways yeah i let them work on it, its only a oil change. I kept my eyes on it the whole time as it was getting work on. The mechanic was a cool guy who knew whats up.

As for the seal issue, hey my mistake anyone learn something today?
Old 01-15-09, 09:16 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Most smaller 1 quart bottles do not have metal foil. The only protection is the capt itself. However, the 5 quart jugs usually have metal foils. Why? who knows..