GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Sewell Lexus - Issue (resolved)

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-09, 08:46 PM
Ckroush
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sewell Lexus - Issue (resolved)

I ordered a pair of ball joints before Christmas. They sent me a wrong part, and I had to pay more for one at a local dealership. I have now called them twice, trying to resolve this issue, and I have had to leave a message both times. I have waited 48 hours between each call, thinking maybe they are just really busy. For some reason they refuse to return my calls.

Has anyone else had a problem with them? This was my first purchase using their site and unless I hear back tomorrow, it will most likely be my only purchase.

All I wanted was a refund of around $60. Now it looks like I may just have to call up Citigroup and have them stop payment for the full $120.

Am I the only one that has had a bad experience with them?
Old 01-15-09, 09:03 PM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Ckroush
I ordered a pair of ball joints before Christmas. They sent me a wrong part, and I had to pay more for one at a local dealership. I have now called them twice, trying to resolve this issue, and I have had to leave a message both times. I have waited 48 hours between each call, thinking maybe they are just really busy. For some reason they refuse to return my calls.

Has anyone else had a problem with them? This was my first purchase using their site and unless I hear back tomorrow, it will most likely be my only purchase.

All I wanted was a refund of around $60. Now it looks like I may just have to call up Citigroup and have them stop payment for the full $120.

Am I the only one that has had a bad experience with them?
I have had no problem placed an order with them with no problems and got it in 2 days from TX to NYC.
Old 01-15-09, 09:18 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Havent heard of any issues with them. Did you try to pm or email them? Maybe that is a better way to get in touch with them. Hope the issues get resolved
Old 01-15-09, 09:19 PM
blacknmild
Pole Position

Same here, no issues whatsoever. Just keep trying.
Old 01-15-09, 09:25 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

I think you may need to call Darrel. He's on this forum and I believe he posted his phone number (separate from Sewell's own #). I dont remember what it was, but you can probably search for it.
Old 01-15-09, 09:26 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Actually here it is:

Darrel Diller
Sewell Lexus of Dallas
www.lexus-parts.com
6421 Lemmon Avenue
Dallas, TX 75209
(866) 770-3099 ext: 2826
(214) 353-2826
(214) 350-5398 Fax
ddiller@sewell.com
Old 01-15-09, 10:09 PM
DallasLex
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Actually, their parts people are OK. It's the sales people that are snooty and stuck up.
I'll never deal with them again. And yes I live here in the Dallas area so I've had the displeasure of dealing with their sales dept!
Old 01-15-09, 10:19 PM
JoelGs
Lexus Test Driver

sorry to hear that bro...I would email Darrell..he's really good in responding to your email...drop him a line...BTW hope you've resolve the prob..
Old 01-16-09, 12:29 AM
dsouth
Lexus Test Driver

I just ordered Ball joints and tie rods. Got here super quick. Been good to me so far.
Old 01-16-09, 03:57 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by dsouth
I just ordered Ball joints and tie rods. Got here super quick. Been good to me so far.

Maybe you got the OPs ball joints
Old 01-16-09, 06:34 AM
cxp2001
Lead Lap

I haven't had any problems with them, I've ordered from them and had good luck.
Old 01-16-09, 09:36 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

no major problems with them on this end either...had a part I actually ordered wrong and they corrected VERY quickly, had a key that got miscut somehow but pete had it taken care of and a new key shipped to me within 2 days of me letting them know. im very happy with them and will recommend them to EVERYONE
Old 01-16-09, 10:17 AM
Rippaflow
Lead Lap

No major problems here. Order most maintaince parts (filters, tierods/balljoints, etc) from them. No issues.
Sorry to hear about your experience.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 01-16-09 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Added clarifying Text.
Old 01-16-09, 11:35 AM
Ckroush
Rookie

I called and tried to get in touch with Darrell. Guess who answered? Regan, the woman who did not return either of the voicemails I sent to her. She told me they could send me another one, or I could send it back to them and they would credit my account. I said that I didn't need them to send another one because the Lexus dealership used one out of their inventory.

I said that I would like them to credit my account, but I didn't want to pay for shipping to send it back. She said, they would not pay for my shipping because they had already sent me the part. What??

It's not my fault that they sent me the wrong part. They have two part numbers on the bag, one is the correct number and one is not. Obviously they went by the wrong number.

I really don't think it's fair to have to pay for shipping twice for something I didn't order. What do you think?
Old 01-16-09, 12:03 PM
JBrady
Lexus Champion

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

I would return the part receipt requested from the courier.

Call after receipt and ask them to refund the price plus shipping. If they argue calmly state that you will just have to dispute the entire charge with your CC. If they still do not help you do the dispute for the entire amount. You can say that the wrong part was shipped and returned.

Overall they seem to be a decent source for parts (is Carson still doing this?) but it is unacceptable to be treated this way. Their loss is actually less than yours if you include your wasted time so this is not a recommendation to do anything shady. It is their loss of business, reputation and funds for not managing this area properly.

BTW, the website given with Darrel www.lexus-parts.com is not working today.

Quick Reply: Sewell Lexus - Issue (resolved)