GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

My GS Involved in a Hit and Run

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-09, 11:35 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

great observation gottagitmines, that is an extremely high dent and with no scratches or paint transfer. It would be tough to get a lot of force from a kick in that area, maybe they used a bat or something else? Either way that really sucks
Old 01-20-09, 11:39 AM
Rippaflow
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now that I read what other people said, it definately looks like an intentional hit. I'm sure your car stable would attract haters as they are all very nice cars (thumbs up). Seize the moment and get the wingless trunk and 3 piece wing lol.
Old 01-20-09, 12:02 PM
raytseng
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Rippaflow
Now that I read what other people said, it definately looks like an intentional hit. I'm sure your car stable would attract haters as they are all very nice cars (thumbs up). Seize the moment and get the wingless trunk and 3 piece wing lol.
Reading some of these responses and even the thread title makes me think there are quite a few some overinflated egos here.

The 2GS while a lexus, is still just a 10year old car that costs ~$10k. If you start looking at all the recent posts, they're all somewhat n00bish questions from teenagers who are getting a 2GS as their first real car.

I doubt this dent really caused by someone who cares about your car one way or another. Otherwise where's the keyed in "fa g" and broken windows?

I think what's more likely to have happened is more like a couple drunk bros horsing around and perhaps one was friendily tackled into your car. Or couple of guys tossing around a football and a zinger got away.
Never underestimate the ridiculousness of drunk people!

But the point is, it's not about you or your car, it's just semi-random chance that this happend to your car and not a mailbox or phonebooth or trashcan.

The world doesn't revolve around you or your car...
Old 01-20-09, 12:59 PM
Quick VR-4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sakataj
yes and it looks like they did....got a angry ex wife? mistress? gf? wife?
Only a wife that I dated through High School/College and have been happily married to for 9 years. No mistress that I can remember

Originally Posted by raytseng
Reading some of these responses and even the thread title makes me think there are quite a few some overinflated egos here.

The 2GS while a lexus, is still just a 10year old car that costs ~$10k. If you start looking at all the recent posts, they're all somewhat n00bish questions from teenagers who are getting a 2GS as their first real car.

I doubt this dent really caused by someone who cares about your car one way or another. Otherwise where's the keyed in "fa g" and broken windows?

I think what's more likely to have happened is more like a couple drunk bros horsing around and perhaps one was friendily tackled into your car. Or couple of guys tossing around a football and a zinger got away.

But the point is, it's not about you or your car, it's just semi-random chance that this happend to your car and not a mailbox or phonebooth or trashcan.

I doubt guys would be chucking footballs in a bank parking lot, but who knows. I would also disagree with your statement in some part. I live in east TN which I am sure is vastly different from CA. In my area a clean Black on Black GS430 with staggered 20's is considered a very nice and not so common car. Not that we are all hillbillys with bare feet and sleeping with our cousins. Just the majority of people drive new trucks, corvettes, BMW's, etc. The Lexus cars that I see are almost always stock. I receive compliments almost weekly which I am sure is not the norm in many areas. I would think the idea of someone getting pissed and taking action would be much more plausible than some drunk taking a header into my trunk. At the end of the day, I have one f'ing huge dent in my trunk and it sucks.
Old 01-20-09, 01:18 PM
Rippaflow
Lead Lap

To refute what you just said when I had my integra a few years ago, it was a 12 year old car. Civic owners in my area generally either steal parts, the car or damage it in some way. And now that's talking about a 2-3K car. I assume that their not haters, right? Considering I had mine kicked in and so did a friend of mine. The person who did it, I never even spoke to in my life and did harm in any way. I also read in another thread where the other guys car got keyed at the club you were telling him to check himself. You sound like a really bothered individual.

For the record...some people value the car for what it is and not what it costs. Any one who values a car based on cost is superficial. So maybe you need to check your own ego, sir.
Old 01-20-09, 01:49 PM
LeXaNoMicS
Lead Lap

WOW ,you sir are a **** !!!!! and the world doesnt revolve around you and your sorry *** opinions , this mans car was vandilized ,and you dont think its worthy of a hater .That in my book makes you a Hater !

Congrats on becoming the first person i dislike on the forum!
Old 01-20-09, 02:20 PM
raytseng
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by LeXaNoMicS
WOW ,you sir are a **** !!!!! and the world doesnt revolve around you and your sorry *** opinions , this mans car was vandilized ,and you dont think its worthy of a hater .That in my book makes you a Hater !

Congrats on becoming the first person i dislike on the forum!
Are you serious? Here are some pics of cars that are truly "vandalized" when someone takes it personal. Not my definition, google's.

http://images.google.com/images?sour...-8&sa=N&tab=wi

To OP: Sorry if I caused you any problems or heartache and it does suck that your car got damaged. I apologize for any misinterpreted feelings or wordings. On the brighter side of things it does look like a repairable dent, and I do sincerely wish you the best of luck to get it fixed back to better then new.
Old 01-20-09, 03:31 PM
LeXaNoMicS
Lead Lap

ok maybe a wasnt a hate crime but still , that was a lil otta line sayin his car wasnt GOOD enough to be vandilized.

I apologize as well for my over reacting you seem like a nice guy
Old 01-20-09, 08:37 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 105 Likes on 83 Posts

I would go insane if that was my car
Old 01-21-09, 05:52 AM
Quick VR-4
Lexus Test Driver

To OP: Sorry if I caused you any problems or heartache and it does suck that your car got damaged. I apologize for any misinterpreted feelings or wordings. On the brighter side of things it does look like a repairable dent, and I do sincerely wish you the best of luck to get it fixed back to better then new.
No offense taken on my end. The thing that makes me so infuriated is the fact someone either intentionally or unintentionally plowed my car and chose to take off rather than owning up. The body shop that my insurance directed me to is a month out on repairs so I may use the time to get a 3 piece spoiler and at least turn something positive out of this situation.

In happier times:
Old 01-21-09, 11:48 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Quick VR-4
Only a wife that I dated through High School/College and have been happily married to for 9 years. No mistress that I can remember
maybe thats why u did it, you forgot bout her

Not that we are all hillbillys with bare feet and sleeping with our cousins.
were not? damn....i guess i gotta take this dip outta my mouth, and tell Earlene to go home (i really do dip but far from a hill billy as i live in TN also) do flip flops count as barefoot?

i really have ALWAYS liked your car since you joined...mods are minimal but clean and looks good
gl with the repair
Old 01-21-09, 09:37 PM
LexusK
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

You could probably pop that right out using a hairdryer and the duster cans used for cleaning your computers. Search it up on youtube or something. Supposedly it works.
Old 01-21-09, 11:10 PM
Emackny
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Did he say "over inflated egos"??? I think all men suffer from that every that every once and a while.. Right? Raytseng.. are you a women? hehe (jokes)
Old 01-22-09, 12:36 AM
COOLIS
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

I was in Nebraska a few summers back and didn't see one Lexus the entire trip. People stared at mine like it was something they had never seen. I saw Lexus all through Utah and Colorado but once I was in Nebraska not one. People commented on how nice it was, so I can see where your coming from saying in Tennessee its considered a nicer car. It seems Cadillac was their luxury car of choice.
Old 01-22-09, 11:27 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by COOLIS
People commented on how nice it was, so I can see where your coming from saying in Tennessee its considered a nicer car. It seems Cadillac was their luxury car of choice.
yeah cadillac has a major market here

Quick Reply: My GS Involved in a Hit and Run