GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

My GS Involved in a Hit and Run

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-09, 07:41 PM
Compass
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Quick VR-4
More pics? Lookin' good.

I just had this happen to me this morning with my Corrado (still looking for a GS; I can be very picky).

Walked out to my car in front of my house, and there's a huge dent on the left rear-quarter, complete with lots of white paint. Of course, there's no note. God, I hate people.

Now I'm scrutinizing every white car on the block to see if any of them have blue paint where they shouldn't. I'm not expecting results. Even if I found one, though, could I prove it was my blue paint? Seems like it would just be their word against mine. Sucks. Especially since I'm trying to sell the car.

Anyway, didn't mean to hijack. Good luck. Post more pics of the Lex in happier times.
Old 01-23-09, 12:18 PM
Quick VR-4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sakataj
yeah cadillac has a major market here
You noticed that too

Originally Posted by Compass
More pics? Lookin' good.

I just had this happen to me this morning with my Corrado (still looking for a GS; I can be very picky).

Walked out to my car in front of my house, and there's a huge dent on the left rear-quarter, complete with lots of white paint. Of course, there's no note. God, I hate people.

Now I'm scrutinizing every white car on the block to see if any of them have blue paint where they shouldn't. I'm not expecting results. Even if I found one, though, could I prove it was my blue paint? Seems like it would just be their word against mine. Sucks. Especially since I'm trying to sell the car.

Anyway, didn't mean to hijack. Good luck. Post more pics of the Lex in happier times.
Sorry to hear you are sharing in my pain. I could never hit someones car and take off. Since the roof wing and TTE lip, I really have only one set of pics that were taken at dusk so poor lighting. Here are a few more pics and I will do a better job once she is fixed up and looking better.

As for the car. My insurance needed a police report so they sent an officer out. The cop thought the same thing we did. He said he has seen a thousand accidents and he said no way the damage was caused by a vehicle. After that, I went to the body shop for estimates and looks like the trunk will not require any paintwork...thank goodness. Estimate looks to be around $2,000 and they are doing new tailight (cracked the mounting tab, but the lense did not break), new emblems, and dent repair. My insurance said the work is warranted for life and if I am not happy, they have to fix it as many times as it takes to make me happy.

Here are some more pics...not great quality. Will do better shots when it is fixed.

Old 01-23-09, 01:50 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

You noticed that too
yeah, ummmm how can i not? i live in MEMPHIS the worst city in tenn

As for the car. My insurance needed a police report so they sent an officer out. The cop thought the same thing we did. He said he has seen a thousand accidents and he said no way the damage was caused by a vehicle. After that, I went to the body shop for estimates and looks like the trunk will not require any paintwork...thank goodness. Estimate looks to be around $2,000 and they are doing new tailight (cracked the mounting tab, but the lense did not break), new emblems, and dent repair. My insurance said the work is warranted for life and if I am not happy, they have to fix it as many times as it takes to make me happy.
$2000 WITHOUT paint work? get a new body shop lol....especially if you ever pay outta pocket. thats alot of $ for that dent being pulled, and new taillights,and emblems without doing paint/bodywork. damn i need your insurance company with that kinda warranty. who u with.........?
Old 01-24-09, 05:42 AM
Quick VR-4
Lexus Test Driver

yeah, ummmm how can i not? i live in MEMPHIS the worst city in tenn

$2000 WITHOUT paint work? get a new body shop lol....especially if you ever pay outta pocket. thats alot of $ for that dent being pulled, and new taillights,and emblems without doing paint/bodywork. damn i need your insurance company with that kinda warranty. who u with.........?
Only $100 out of my pocket. They also said there would have to be some aligning to make sure my trunk did not leak plus all new rubber trim. The work also carries a lifetime warranty.
Old 01-24-09, 06:25 AM
Rippaflow
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you going to have them do it wingless for you?

The more I see your car in those pictures...the more I want a TTE lip! What kind of wheels are those?
Old 01-25-09, 08:25 AM
Quick VR-4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Rippaflow
Are you going to have them do it wingless for you?

The more I see your car in those pictures...the more I want a TTE lip! What kind of wheels are those?
I doubt I will go wingless since they are not doing any paint work. If they had to sand and prime, I was going to pay them out of my own pocket to shave the factory spoiler. Since no paint work, I will probably try to find a used wingless trunk and swap.

I love the what a difference the TTE lip made. Hard to believe, but very noticeable difference.

Wheels are 20x8/20x10 Donz Montana's courtesy of Derrick at D2Autosports.
Old 01-25-09, 04:52 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Sorry to hear about this!
Old 01-26-09, 07:55 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

seriously....will u pm me the name of the insurance company....? i need a new company. mine is outta nashvegas neways
Old 01-26-09, 08:26 AM
Quick VR-4
Lexus Test Driver

seriously....will u pm me the name of the insurance company....? i need a new company. mine is outta nashvegas neways

PM sent
Old 01-26-09, 04:11 PM
JRGS400
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No offense taken on my end. The thing that makes me so infuriated is the fact someone either intentionally or unintentionally plowed my car and chose to take off rather than owning up. The body shop that my insurance directed me to is a month out on repairs so I may use the time to get a 3 piece spoiler and at least turn something positive out of this situation.

In happier times:
Nice and clean,i like your ride
Old 01-26-09, 04:20 PM
Rahstyles
Pole Position

Originally Posted by gottagitmines
Sorry bro.. To be honest with you.. It looks like someone kicked in that dent. I say that because there is no sign of the other car's paint. And its in a wierd spot. Kind of high.
With a dent that big.. and that high and seen as the diameter of the dent.. i would say.. sombody that knows karate kicked it..it had to be sombody.. under a blue belt but above a yellow belt.. seems like sombody 6ft in size.. and short calfs .. i can tell with picture.. they did either a Dragon side kick or a tae kwon do.. front kick..

Sorry to hear about that man
Old 01-26-09, 05:12 PM
Emackny
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Rahstyles
With a dent that big.. and that high and seen as the diameter of the dent.. i would say.. sombody that knows karate kicked it..it had to be sombody.. under a blue belt but above a yellow belt.. seems like sombody 6ft in size.. and short calfs .. i can tell with picture.. they did either a Dragon side kick or a tae kwon do.. front kick..

My thoughts precisely...
Old 01-27-09, 06:38 AM
Quick VR-4
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah, still no idea who or why. I am just happy that no paint work will be required. Black is a b*tch of a color to get smooth so that was my main concern. Should be fixed in the next few weeks so hopefully in time for some good weather.
Old 01-27-09, 10:39 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rahstyles

they did the "Crane kick" on your car's ***...

Old 02-26-09, 10:46 AM
Quick VR-4
Lexus Test Driver

Well, I am scheduled to get my GS back tomorrow and I am actually getting nervous I have no idea why we get so attached to these cars that we actually have a rush of emotion over getting some bodywork done.

On a side note, I was given an 08 Ford Focus for a rental (no offense to Focus owners), but what a P.O.S. I drove straight home and parked it where it has stayed. Luckily it has been nice weather for the most part so I have been driving the VR-4 daily. I am sure this will be the first time a rental was garage kept with no miles put in it

Quick Reply: My GS Involved in a Hit and Run