GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

My GS Involved in a Hit and Run

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-09, 05:25 PM
Quick VR-4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My GS Involved in a Hit and Run

As the title states, my Lexus was hit and the person that did it took off. I freshened up my VR-4 and went out to get a bolt for the rear turbo that had stripped. While walking back to the car, I noticed a basketball size dent on the trunk. Hard to tell in the pics, but they hammered it so they had to know. I cannot belive both taillights held up, but they did. I do not know how people can live with themselves. I guess you can have nothing nice in this world.

Once the weather improves, I will post a better pic out in the sun. My wife is not good at spotting things with cars and her first words were someone killed you car
Old 01-18-09, 05:28 PM
habeeb89
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear man, hopefully you can fix it quickly. Where did this happen, any security cameras that may have caught the person?
Old 01-18-09, 05:31 PM
Rippaflow
Lead Lap

I can see it. I really hope they have security cameras. I actually walked out to my 430 twice at work today because it was snowing here. Never know when a jackass will slide, tap and keep going. Went out a second time because one of the plows hit someone's truck out there, so I figured while the cops were there it was a good time to do a quick visual inspection. I just need to buy a winter car/beater. Good luck with it. I've seen alot of GS with damage in the rear where the tail lights survived completely fine. Make sure you check for hairline cracks. Don't want to get the dent and everything fixed to find moisturized tail lights later/
Old 01-18-09, 05:33 PM
0nePutt
Lead Lap

wow people these days have serious problems. sorry to here about this. about 6 months ago someone broke all the key hole locks on my dad's GS300 trying to break in. Luckly they didnt get in but the locks dont work anymore. idk somethin about GS's that attracts bad luck i guess
Old 01-18-09, 06:01 PM
Quick VR-4
Lexus Test Driver

Only bad thing is I am not sure when it happend. Went to dinner Thursday night and came out about 9:00 (hard to tell damage on a black car at night. Drove to work on Friday so never saw the rear of the car (park in my garage). Someone picked me up for lunch and the bank stays open until 6:00 on Friday so it was dark when I walked to my car. I noticed it Saturday in the light so who knows. Only thing I hate is this car never had any accidents or paint work. Oh well, at least I have an excuse to get a new trunk and three-piece spoiler.
Old 01-18-09, 07:27 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Nothing worse than coming out to your car and seeing it damaged and no one in sight and no note left. I was parked at work and someone backed into the front of my car (I back into a spot at work) and damaged the bumper, destroyed my TRD grille and bent the hood up. I took it to the body shop and they straightened the hood as much as they could, but I have to take it back in and get it repainted and the rest of the damage fixed. Nothing like spending an extra $1k when you shouldnt have to
Old 01-18-09, 07:47 PM
UncleRay
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry to hear about this!

It's just a wound... Chicks dig scars ;]
Old 01-18-09, 10:51 PM
Emackny
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry bro.. To be honest with you.. It looks like someone kicked in that dent. I say that because there is no sign of the other car's paint. And its in a wierd spot. Kind of high.
Old 01-18-09, 11:37 PM
o6spdracer
Lead Lap

Sorry that happened. Do you think it can be pushed back out? People seriously have no respect for other people's belongings. I hope Karma catches up with them soon.
Old 01-19-09, 10:04 AM
blackANESE
Pole Position

I know your pain. I just walked out yesterday to my GS with the front bumper dented and the paint completely cracked
Old 01-19-09, 10:11 AM
JoelGs
Lexus Test Driver

+1 sorry to hear what happen...hope you can get it fix...
Old 01-19-09, 10:22 AM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Sorry to hear about this. I feel your pain. My AE86 was hit and run twice and my GS has also been hit and run (some idiot in an SUV backed into it and cracked the rear bumper / dented the sheet metal). I got both cars painted and I'm hoping to avoid this happening again. If the paint isn't cracked, I think a good PDR guy can fix that dent in your trunk.
Old 01-20-09, 07:13 AM
Quick VR-4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by gottagitmines
Sorry bro.. To be honest with you.. It looks like someone kicked in that dent. I say that because there is no sign of the other car's paint. And its in a wierd spot. Kind of high.
Thanks for the replys everyone. The above actually crossed my mind as well. It is a huge dent, but no paint transfer. To be honest, I have not cleaned the car off, but it does not look like there are any paint scratches on my end. Seems like if a big truck ran into it, the paint would be chipped and scratched. Could someone have really kicked the ***** out of my car?!?!?!
Old 01-20-09, 09:06 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

yes and it looks like they did....got a angry ex wife? mistress? gf? wife?
Old 01-20-09, 11:17 AM
Emackny
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks to me like you got a hater on your hands bro.. I hope thats not the case tho..

Quick Reply: My GS Involved in a Hit and Run