GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Revisiting interest in LED Mirror Blinkers and Puddle Lights for 01+

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-09, 08:25 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So far the people who are in are...

1. MPLexus301
2. Milky
3. denIS200
4. garbage85
5. JoelGS (also willing to be the guinea pig for nigel )
6. R.U. IN AW?
7. habeeb89
8. kevbleek
9. marlonp18
10. CLT

Maybes...
1. Sakataj
2. Big Mack
3. 4ntvings
4. GS4 CS

Pretty solid list since this was only brought up 2 days ago. Maybe we can get some of the "maybes" to commit if we get a better idea on price and design.
Old 02-05-09, 09:24 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
Pretty solid list since this was only brought up 2 days ago. Maybe we can get some of the "maybes" to commit if we get a better idea on price and design.
Price is a big factor. Design is a step down, but still a concern. If the pricing is similar to the previous, I'll be down. I like the pic in the 1st post.

Big Mack
Old 02-05-09, 11:02 PM
Nigel-JDMParts
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Mack
Price is a big factor. Design is a step down, but still a concern. If the pricing is similar to the previous, I'll be down. I like the pic in the 1st post.

Big Mack
Price will be depends on how many order we can get on here.

We are talking about making a new mold that will fit the 2001-2005 GS and most likely able to sell in the american market only.
Therefore, the more people we can get the better price I can offer.

Factory will not do it if we have only 10 or 20 or 30 people, except we are willing to pay for more.
Old 02-06-09, 09:41 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Big Mack
the price isnt y im a maybe....its that im STILL waiting to hear if we can get the puddle light smoothed into the bottom. i have asked 2 times but i dont recall a answer unless he was directing this to me.

Originally Posted by nigelchow
I will talk to the factory again and see what I can do.
if we can get that and maybe the turn signal light smoothed in i'll be in then (atleast the puddle one). im telling you guys everytime your driving and you go to turn that thing is gonna annoy u....and it just looks ugly in my opinion but i do love the lights...

hey nigel can we get blue tinted glass in these? n does our oem defrost/dimmer still work on these?
Old 02-06-09, 09:55 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by sakataj
the price isnt y im a maybe....its that im STILL waiting to hear if we can get the puddle light smoothed into the bottom. i have asked 2 times but i dont recall a answer unless he was directing this to me.

if we can get that and maybe the turn signal light smoothed in i'll be in then (atleast the puddle one). im telling you guys everytime your driving and you go to turn that thing is gonna annoy u....and it just looks ugly in my opinion but i do love the lights...

hey nigel can we get blue tinted glass in these? n does our oem defrost/dimmer still work on these?
Blue Tinted Glass?
Old 02-06-09, 11:06 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Blue Tinted Glass?
yup....jdm glass.better view they say as it has a wide angle lens in it
we've talked bout it before on the boards

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...rror-lens.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...r-install.html

can get it on ebay most of the time

Last edited by sakataj; 02-06-09 at 11:10 AM.
Old 02-06-09, 11:45 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

yup....jdm glass.better view they say as it has a wide angle lens in it
we've talked bout it before on the boards

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...rror-lens.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...r-install.html

can get it on ebay most of the time
I see what you mean. This part of the mirror will remain stock I think. Only thing that is getting replaced is the outer cover, so the internals are all still the same.
Old 02-06-09, 11:55 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

I see what you mean. This part of the mirror will remain stock I think. Only thing that is getting replaced is the outer cover, so the internals are all still the same.
yup but im still more interested in getting the puddle lights/turn signals smoothed in.....ne word on that?
Old 02-06-09, 12:04 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

Price will be depends on how many order we can get on here.

We are talking about making a new mold that will fit the 2001-2005 GS and most likely able to sell in the american market only.
Therefore, the more people we can get the better price I can offer.

Factory will not do it if we have only 10 or 20 or 30 people, except we are willing to pay for more.
Thanks, Nigel, that helps. Hopefully we can get some more interest demonstrated. Since it's a new mold, maybe we can request better fitment on the lights, as both sakataj and I have said it almost looks like an afterthought. I disagree on the idea that I'd see it and hate while driving, though. I can't see the underside of my mirrors when I drive. I barely fit in the car because of the height, so seeing them daily won't be a concern - that's why price is my main priority.

How many do we have if I'm on board? 10? That's not going to be very many...

Big Mack
Old 02-06-09, 02:49 PM
JoelGs
Lexus Test Driver

Nigel,...You got PM!!
Old 02-06-09, 05:41 PM
Nigel-JDMParts
Lexus Champion

yup but im still more interested in getting the puddle lights/turn signals smoothed in.....ne word on that?
I had sit inside the 99-00 GS with the LED Side Mirror, as well as some other members and the owner of that GS and his wife.
None of us ever notice or even get bother by that puddle lamp.

I mean not even anyone have ever mention or notice that puddle lamp when they are driving the car or sitting inside. Except you pay EXTRA attention to the bottom of the mirror when you are sitting inside the car.
Otherwise, when you are driving or changing lane, your attention should be on the road and not the bottom of the mirror. At least, who has this mirror installed or people who had drive the car with the led mirror installed and I do not see the problem.

Again, the puddle lamp is BEHIND the MIRROR which is very far back from the edge of where you are facing.
Also, the owner is around 5'7 only. Wife is probably 5"5 and I am 6"1, you might see if if you are shorter than 5"5? maybe?

If you are really concern about the puddle lamp, I am sorry that I can pretty much say, I can do nothing for that part.
Again, I am sorry.

Yes, you are correct. Only the outer will be replace and all the internals will remain stock.

Thanks, Nigel, that helps. Hopefully we can get some more interest demonstrated. Since it's a new mold, maybe we can request better fitment on the lights, as both sakataj and I have said it almost looks like an afterthought. I disagree on the idea that I'd see it and hate while driving, though. I can't see the underside of my mirrors when I drive. I barely fit in the car because of the height, so seeing them daily won't be a concern - that's why price is my main priority.

How many do we have if I'm on board? 10? That's not going to be very many...

Big Mack
Yes, it seems like the MAX we can get so far is 10 and it seems like it is not likely that I can convince the factory to make something for the LHD GS. (If I can only get 10 people.)

Originally Posted by JoelGs
Nigel,...You got PM!!
I have got your PM, I actually NEED your MIRROR for a couple of weeks, not test fitting. Not sure if you are ok with that.
let me know

thanks

Nigel
Old 02-06-09, 06:10 PM
JoelGs
Lexus Test Driver

I had sit inside the 99-00 GS with the LED Side Mirror, as well as some other members and the owner of that GS and his wife.
None of us ever notice or even get bother by that puddle lamp.

I mean not even anyone have ever mention or notice that puddle lamp when they are driving the car or sitting inside. Except you pay EXTRA attention to the bottom of the mirror when you are sitting inside the car.
Otherwise, when you are driving or changing lane, your attention should be on the road and not the bottom of the mirror. At least, who has this mirror installed or people who had drive the car with the led mirror installed and I do not see the problem.

Again, the puddle lamp is BEHIND the MIRROR which is very far back from the edge of where you are facing.
Also, the owner is around 5'7 only. Wife is probably 5"5 and I am 6"1, you might see if if you are shorter than 5"5? maybe?

If you are really concern about the puddle lamp, I am sorry that I can pretty much say, I can do nothing for that part.
Again, I am sorry.

Yes, you are correct. Only the outer will be replace and all the internals will remain stock.

Yes, it seems like the MAX we can get so far is 10 and it seems like it is not likely that I can convince the factory to make something for the LHD GS. (If I can only get 10 people.)

I have got your PM, I actually NEED your MIRROR for a couple of weeks, not test fitting. Not sure if you are ok with that.
let me know

thanks

Nigel
Let me know when...? I don't mine at all..as long you can make it happen for us 01+ guys...
Old 02-06-09, 06:50 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

thanks

Nigel
Okay, we need EVERYONE who knows someone with an 01+ to look at this and say whether or not they want them. I cannot believe there were enough people with older models that needed them and our group can't get it done, too. I know I'm pretty new from a post number sake, but certainly you guys who have met up with others who have our model can get us over that crest - especially if the price point is that close.

Nigel - if we can get it done, I'm down.

Big Mack
Old 02-06-09, 07:30 PM
R.U. IN AW?
Lexus Test Driver

Default I'm still in....

Okay, we need EVERYONE who knows someone with an 01+ to look at this and say whether or not they want them. I cannot believe there were enough people with older models that needed them and our group can't get it done, too. I know I'm pretty new from a post number sake, but certainly you guys who have met up with others who have our model can get us over that crest - especially if the price point is that close.

Nigel - if we can get it done, I'm down.

Big Mack

I'm still in no matter what.

-Joe
Old 02-07-09, 02:32 AM
Nigel-JDMParts
Lexus Champion

I called up Tommy and borrow his car and take 2 pictures from driver seat.

Quick Reply: Revisiting interest in LED Mirror Blinkers and Puddle Lights for 01+