GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Revisiting interest in LED Mirror Blinkers and Puddle Lights for 01+

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-09, 01:41 PM
JoelGs
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nigel, like to keep us in suspense..which is suck!..I hate being put on suspend..lol...I wanna it NOW already!
Old 02-12-09, 05:38 PM
Nigel-JDMParts
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I guess I mentioned in the previous post,
I need all 20 people or even more to make deposite and agree on that.

Otherwise, cant get it start.

Making a new mold is REALLY EXPENSIVE, also, base on what I read,

most of the people are looking at $300 painted and shipped.

Which I think that will be HARD to do.

let me know, I am all IN on this one, as long as you guys want it and willing to pay for it.

I am talking with the factory everyday, but their charge for a new mold is...................
Old 02-12-09, 07:24 PM
Trav7414
Intermediate

Want us to deposit and we don't know the exact price? That's not how everybody doing business. That's pretty stupidd
Old 02-12-09, 08:01 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Trav7414
Want us to deposit and we don't know the exact price? That's not how everybody doing business. That's pretty stupidd
I am sure that nigel would give us a ballpark estimate on these before he started looking for money. Right now we just need to try recruiting as many other people as possible.
Old 02-12-09, 11:44 PM
Nigel-JDMParts
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Trav7414
Originally Posted by MPLexus301
I am sure that nigel would give us a ballpark estimate on these before he started looking for money. Right now we just need to try recruiting as many other people as possible.
Exactly what MPLexus301 said.

That's why I didnt put out any NUMBERS yet, because I dont even know how many people are willing to do that. I mention this because I would like to let everyone knows before we go on.

Before that, I cant estimate any number.

Last edited by Nigel-JDMParts; 02-12-09 at 11:47 PM.
Old 02-13-09, 09:47 AM
JoelGs
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by nigelchow
Exactly what MPLexus301 said.

That's why I didnt put out any NUMBERS yet, because I dont even know how many people are willing to do that. I mention this because I would like to let everyone knows before we go on.

Before that, I cant estimate any number.
Put me IN definitely, and how much do you want us to put a deposit?
Old 02-13-09, 01:11 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

omfg nigel i have asked everyday like 5 times to get a pic of the completed mirror showing the hollowed side or glass side. do u not have a pic?
Old 02-13-09, 01:12 PM
Nigel-JDMParts
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sakataj
omfg nigel i have asked everyday like 5 times to get a pic of the completed mirror showing the hollowed side or glass side. do u not have a pic?
sorry, no, I dont have a pic for that.

See if anyone who has 98 - 00 led mirror wanna take some pictures.
Old 02-13-09, 01:16 PM
R.U. IN AW?
Lexus Test Driver

Default Is this it.....

Isn't this what you're asking for Sakataj page 4 post #54?
Old 02-13-09, 01:28 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by nigelchow
sorry, no, I dont have a pic for that.

See if anyone who has 98 - 00 led mirror wanna take some pictures.
ty i will....just thought, you the seller would have one...hate to start a post for that but i will i guess

Originally Posted by R.U. IN AW?
Isn't this what you're asking for Sakataj page 4 post #54?
dude start on page 3 i think . i have asked like 5 times and until NOW havent gotten a response....
Old 02-13-09, 01:39 PM
R.U. IN AW?
Lexus Test Driver

Default Wth......

ty i will....just thought, you the seller would have one...hate to start a post for that but i will i guess

dude start on page 3 i think . i have asked like 5 times and until NOW havent gotten a response....

Dude,

Actually it started when the thread started. I don't want to sound like a jerk but all you've given Nigel is complete utter HELL since! You're about the only one that's whinning about the puddle light and turn signal not being flushed when he's already told you it couldn't be done. And that you'll be able to see the puddles when you're sitting in your car, in which he proved that they could not. Every picture in this thread shows the shell to the actual mirrors for the 98-00. Why don't you try and give Nigel a break before he tells us all that he doesn't even want to mess with this anymore. Again not trying to be a jerk.....

-Joe
Old 02-13-09, 01:53 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Dude,

Actually it started when the thread started. I don't want to sound like a jerk but all you've given Nigel is complete utter HELL since! You're about the only one that's whinning about the puddle light and turn signal not being flushed when he's already told you it couldn't be done. And that you'll be able to see the puddles when you're sitting in your car, in which he proved that they could not. Every picture in this thread shows the shell to the actual mirrors for the 98-00. Why don't you try and give Nigel a break before he tells us all that he doesn't even want to mess with this anymore. Again not trying to be a jerk.....

-Joe
hey joe.... if im gonna buy a product i might wanna get it tweaked the way i would like it.... i def wasnt the only one complaining about the fitment of the puddle light OR on the turn signal. the turn signals look bobo, they would look better if the housing was flush with them at the end not them sticking out and again i wasnt the only one complaing about the puddles sticking out. i was ASKIN bout the puddle light cause it looks like CRAP sticking that far outta the bottom of the mirror and i was under the impression it would be visible and ALTHOUGH he proved during the day u cant see from in the car im sure u can outside and im sure it looks ghetto fabulous. my concern was more for at night if i would see the light constantly if i wired them up to work as a 2nd turn signal instead of a puddle light. um since u werent readin....when they are shipped there is NO glass inside them is what i was understanding so i wanted a pic OF THE SHELL WITH NO GLASS IN THEM LOOKING INTO THE MIRROR to see if i could flush the puddles myself AS I PERSONALLY think they look like crap especially on a luxury car! these are MY personal opinions on them. i think the design would look better flush and fit....u dont see MB or BMW having their puddle lights sticking out underneath nething do u? no they flush and look better. just my $0.02 man...
Old 02-13-09, 02:13 PM
R.U. IN AW?
Lexus Test Driver

Default That's cool....

hey joe.... if im gonna buy a product i might wanna get it tweaked the way i would like it.... i def wasnt the only one complaining about the fitment of the puddle light OR on the turn signal. the turn signals look bobo, they would look better if the housing was flush with them at the end not them sticking out and again i wasnt the only one complaing about the puddles sticking out. i was ASKIN bout the puddle light cause it looks like CRAP sticking that far outta the bottom of the mirror and i was under the impression it would be visible and ALTHOUGH he proved during the day u cant see from in the car im sure u can outside and im sure it looks ghetto fabulous. my concern was more for at night if i would see the light constantly if i wired them up to work as a 2nd turn signal instead of a puddle light. um since u werent readin....when they are shipped there is NO glass inside them is what i was understanding so i wanted a pic OF THE SHELL WITH NO GLASS IN THEM LOOKING INTO THE MIRROR to see if i could flush the puddles myself AS I PERSONALLY think they look like crap especially on a luxury car! these are MY personal opinions on them. i think the design would look better flush and fit....u dont see MB or BMW having their puddle lights sticking out underneath nething do u? no they flush and look better. just my $0.02 man...

Sak,

You're entitled to your opinion, and yes I read all of your posts. And yes you're the only one that was "Whinning" constantly. Again read my post. But correct if I'm wrong when Nigel did the GB for 98-00 shells, it was a complete shell that you would get rid of the OEM one. It was then that Nigel told the entire CL community that the lights would not sit flush because there wasn't enough room for the mirror and the mechanism that controlled the mirror to move up and down, unless the shell was made bigger and so to opt out of making it bigger the lights would not sit flush. I would rather have a shell that looks OEM than a shell that doesn't belong, again my opinion. Now you hooking up the puddle as a turn signal is "Ghetto", but that's just my opinion....by the way BMW and MB turn signals are all factory get it made from the "FACTORY" these are aftermarkets so you would have some type of setback one way or the other.

-Joe

Last edited by R.U. IN AW?; 02-13-09 at 02:16 PM.
Old 02-13-09, 02:28 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Sak,

You're entitled to your opinion, and yes I read all of your posts. And yes you're the only one that was "Whinning" constantly. Again read my post. But correct if I'm wrong when Nigel did the GB for 98-00 shells, it was a complete shell that you would get rid of the OEM one. It was then that Nigel told the entire CL community that the lights would not sit flush because there wasn't enough room for the mirror and the mechanism that controlled the mirror to move up and down, unless the shell was made bigger and so to opt out of making it bigger the lights would not sit flush. I would rather have a shell that looks OEM than a shell that doesn't belong, again my opinion. Now you hooking up the puddle as a turn signal is "Ghetto", but that's just my opinion....by the way BMW and MB turn signals are all factory get it made from the "FACTORY" these are aftermarkets so you would have some type of setback one way or the other.

-Joe
my name is brian, joe.....n like i said i was under the understanding you would reuse your glass! so y wouldnt he have a pic of the inside....neways. your right it is my opinion n my opinion is the aftermarket ones with stuff hanging off and not flush looks like crap! PERIOD!
Old 02-13-09, 02:36 PM
R.U. IN AW?
Lexus Test Driver

Default Cool.....

my name is brian, joe.....n like i said i was under the understanding you would reuse your glass! so y wouldnt he have a pic of the inside....neways. your right it is my opinion n my opinion is the aftermarket ones with stuff hanging off and not flush looks like crap! PERIOD!
BRIAN,

So basically all those that bought the ones for the 98-00 all look like "crap" huh? I personally wouldn't have said that out loud especially to all those that just recently proudly displayed theirs. Anyways B, just giving you a hard time don't take offense to any of it. I'm still in regardless.

-Joe

Quick Reply: Revisiting interest in LED Mirror Blinkers and Puddle Lights for 01+