GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Revisiting interest in LED Mirror Blinkers and Puddle Lights for 01+

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-09, 02:53 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

i dont take ne offense to it....n thats NOT what i said. like i said IN MY OPINION i think they would look better flushed. if we reuse our own glass i just figured someone would have a pic so i could see if i could flush it myself
Old 02-13-09, 03:07 PM
Trav7414
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brian - I think the other guy is right. You're annoying. Asking the same question everyday or more then 1 per day. I noticed that. Don't buy it if you're still questioning. You want me to buy you one for free? Just kidding
Old 02-13-09, 03:54 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Angry

HEY!! KNOCK THIS CRAP OFF!!

What on Earth do you have to stir for, Trav7414? Let the pissing match end, and let's see if Nigel can come through for us, bottom line. If you have nothing to add, then let it go. Tired of seeing the thread get updated with new posts only to come on and see that people are just barking at each other. It's counterproductive to the goal.

Big Mack
Old 02-13-09, 04:08 PM
JoelGs
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Big Mack

What on Earth do you have to stir for, Trav7414? Let the pissing match end, and let's see if Nigel can come through for us, bottom line. If you have nothing to add, then let it go. Tired of seeing the thread get updated with new posts only to come on and see that people are just barking at each other. It's counterproductive to the goal.

Big Mack
Agreed..C'mon ppl, this isn't the forum to stir something up..If you don't have anything else good to encouragement toward one another, don't leave comment if you are gonna hurt someone. We're all friends here!!!...
Old 02-13-09, 04:13 PM
Nigel-JDMParts
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Brain, I am sorry that my product and the factory that I am working with will NOT fit your need.

Again, I am sorry that I couldnt help on what you are looking for, e.g. flushed puddle lamp.

To everyone, thanks for the kinds words and appreciate everyone time!

I am working hard and talking with the factory everyday, I will see if I can make it happen.

I will keep you guys update for sure!

Peace
Old 02-14-09, 11:17 AM
CLT
Former Sponsor

I know that nigel is working on this for the 01+ GS owners. In one of the post nigel had said something about a deposit, does anyone know that deposit cost would be?
Old 02-14-09, 11:54 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Unless things have changed, making a new mold is not cheap. If anyone would want to do this on their own, it would not be cost effective. The 98-00 ones were probably based on an existing JDM mold so it is probably better positioned, price-wise. This is probably also why we are stuck with the angle issue.

If someone really wants it the way they want it, you can buy the parts, find a good body person to customize the housing to fit things the way they want. If you want to leverage a group situation to bring the price down, you will have to make possible compromises. Obviously, suggestions would be welcomed but don't be upset if the suggestions cannot be incorporated.

At this point, we know who prefers and can or cannot live with what. Let's leave it at that. The bickering and rehashing of the issues to bump this thread is not productive. If any existing 98-00 owners have pics of the shells, please post them for Brian. Otherwise, let's give that a rest as Nigel has already said he does not have pics.

I think it is fine for everyone to hope for the $300 price. I would start to think, however, of the possibility that it will be higher (because of a new mold). What price point can you live with and will commit to?

Please look at it from Nigel's end. Either he has to or he has to convince the factory to make the initial investment of the mold. Here we are on CL, probably the larger enthusiast site, with a lot of the modding community. If he is going to get business, I would think 80% of it would be from here. If he cannot even get 20 people from here (from the 100k members), how is he going to get sufficient future business from this investment.

If you really want this, you will need to work together.
Old 02-17-09, 10:31 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Trav7414
Brian - I think the other guy is right. You're annoying. Asking the same question everyday or more then 1 per day. I noticed that. Don't buy it if you're still questioning. You want me to buy you one for free? Just kidding
shut up and if he had answered it the 8 times he posted since then i wouldnt repeat it.... yes buy me one for free
Originally Posted by Big Mack

Big Mack

Originally Posted by Nigel-JDMParts
Brain, I am sorry that my product and the factory that I am working with will NOT fit your need.

Again, I am sorry that I couldnt help on what you are looking for, e.g. flushed puddle lamp.
im not saying you wont fit my needs....i might take your original design and tinker with it to fit my needs!
its cool and i appreciate the effort your putting into this for us

Originally Posted by Neo
At this point, we know who prefers and can or cannot live with what. Let's leave it at that. The bickering and rehashing of the issues to bump this thread is not productive. If any existing 98-00 owners have pics of the shells, please post them for Brian. Otherwise, let's give that a rest as Nigel has already said he does not have pics.
i agree n thank you for my shameless plug on getting a pic. i will let it stand with your post
Old 02-17-09, 01:27 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

hey guys.....i just saw these...
Originally Posted by juniorEXE
yeah i need a local wheel shop like that too lol

came from this post.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...n-bodykit.html

does ne1 know if these are aimgains mirrors? cannot find them....was unaware ne1 made mirrors for our cars besides the ones we talking about getting made
Old 02-17-09, 06:26 PM
Nigel-JDMParts
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I believe this is the fliberglass OVERLAY mirror which use 3M tape to OVERLAY on your stock mirror, drill hole on your stock mirror and run the wires etc etc.

Need body shop to make the mirror fit, etc etc.

lots of work require, as far as i know.

correct me if i am wrong.
Old 02-18-09, 11:01 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nigel-JDMParts
I believe this is the fliberglass OVERLAY mirror which use 3M tape to OVERLAY on your stock mirror, drill hole on your stock mirror and run the wires etc etc.

Need body shop to make the mirror fit, etc etc.

lots of work require, as far as i know.

correct me if i am wrong.
boooo those looked good too. no wonder i cant find ne info on them. oh well was worth a try....so ne updates on a new mold for our models and a price?
Old 02-18-09, 12:08 PM
CLT
Former Sponsor

we need more than twenty people or this is not going to happen for the 01+ gs owners!!!!

let's make this happen!!!
Old 02-18-09, 12:36 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by CLT
we need more than twenty people or this is not going to happen for the 01+ gs owners!!!!

let's make this happen!!!
y the big type size? i think we already have more than 20 dont we or we still at 18 with 2 maybes?? micheal, my friend, u seem to be in charge...can we get a head count please?

Last edited by sakataj; 02-18-09 at 12:45 PM.
Old 02-18-09, 12:52 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best list I have seen so far:

So looking back, guys who are definitely in are:

1. MPLexus301
2. Milky
3. denIS200
4. garbage85
5. JoelGS
6. R.U. IN AW?
7. habeeb89
8. kevbleek
9. marlonp18
10. CLT
11. Big Mack
12. sakataj
13. 1GStoEnvy
14. Trav7414
15. sam430
16. Red Bully
17. jcat_GS3
18. ....?

Maybes...
1. 4ntvings
2. GS4 CS

Do any of the maybes want to move to the "yes" list?
Old 02-18-09, 01:11 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

thanks micheal. looks like we still short...come on guys. join us here

update

just found these.....look at VERY bottom of page

http://eliteautostyle.com/products/lighting.htm

no puddles but led side mirrors....wonder if they have these for our car

Last edited by sakataj; 02-18-09 at 02:16 PM.

Quick Reply: Revisiting interest in LED Mirror Blinkers and Puddle Lights for 01+