GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

OMG have you seen these

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-09, 11:10 AM
LeXaNoMicS
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj
i like those but man it seems they want 600 for both sets (inner/outer) ouch
^^^ eliteauto....has them on sale 150pair .... im just curious on the output if you put HID in there , might look like doookie or even melt lol
Old 02-17-09, 05:51 PM
fordsvtmfl
Lexus Test Driver

ok...so ive been reading about these...and i really want to do a retrofit conversion. Can I do this myself? If so...how do you get into the headlight/seal it back?
Thanks
Old 02-17-09, 06:28 PM
LeXaNoMicS
Lead Lap

Shake n Bake

Search there is a DIY somewhere around here
Old 02-18-09, 09:10 AM
swat1727
Instructor

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts

i dont think they are made for hids, it would be interesting to see the light output. i mean this stuff has been around for awhile on ebay, someone's gotta have it.
Old 02-18-09, 09:19 AM
TYPEII
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
I'm surprised that JP would actually carry something so cheap! as in quality... Thought they only carried top notch sheeit?
My thought exactly, it's gonna downgrade their name in the future. Pretty soon everyone will have cheap quality/cheap price JP stuff where to the point it's over played...I guess they gotta do what they have to, to survive in this tough economy...or they might go out of business if they same product they are selling can be found cheaper on eBay...
Old 02-18-09, 10:14 AM
LeXaNoMicS
Lead Lap

Guys im really thinking of offereing a retro service , im really good with my hands and since i work at a Prosthetics Fabrication lab i have access to tools ,carbons, resins etc !

Im going to retro my own and post pics and stuff to start and see how demand , quality , etc go from there ....
Old 02-18-09, 11:35 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by LeXaNoMicS
Shake n Bake

Search there is a DIY somewhere around here
shake and back huh....ok ricky bobby...

i dunno y u bothered.....there will be a new post soon from someone....

"how do i do a headlight retro?"

i've started my headlight retro and was gonna either do the ls430 inners with the q45 outers but thinking bout the s2k inners maybe. just need new donor shells as ones i bought were fubared BUT i got the inner housing out atleast, and im gonna paint it black for my housing
Old 02-18-09, 11:52 AM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

Looks interesting... I think...
Old 02-18-09, 12:28 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

^^^ eliteauto....has them on sale 150pair .... im just curious on the output if you put HID in there , might look like doookie or even melt lol
link please? yeah im curious bout output too! it shouldnt melt even if i retroed a HID kit into them BUT it could melt i guess and i am worried bout the light output being dookie but i think if i get them i might try something i havent seen ne1 do to them yet.....secrets,secrets

Originally Posted by swat1727
i dont think they are made for hids, it would be interesting to see the light output. i mean this stuff has been around for awhile on ebay, someone's gotta have it.
they aren't but apparently they are upgradable....or if your creative like me you can fabricate something to hold the hid bulb in! no1 yet claiming fame to having it yet maybe they are embarrassed or don't want others to copy them. who knows

Guys im really thinking of offereing a retro service , im really good with my hands and since i work at a Prosthetics Fabrication lab i have access to tools ,carbons, resins etc !

Im going to retro my own and post pics and stuff to start and see how demand , quality , etc go from there ....
1st in line....hahaha javier and i are working on something in private! hehe plus i got a few ideas up my own sleeves

Originally Posted by Stage3
Looks interesting... I think...
it seems to be a cheaper route then buying genuine q45 projectors. just hope the light output is the same and would prefer to do them both in HIDS but im sure i could adapt them to be! plus would look neat to match the inners with the outers i think as MOST of us seem to love the look of the q45's. plus i got another idea for these if i get them

Last edited by sakataj; 02-18-09 at 12:33 PM.
Old 02-18-09, 12:40 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

These lights have been around for a while now, but the smaller versions came out later.

Almost 2 years ago, I showed these lights to Clifford at mobileHID.com and his upgrade kit plugs right in.

I have these lights and the OEM Q45 version in my possession.

I should probably take them both apart to identify any differences between the two, aside from the OEM version already being an HID.
Old 02-18-09, 12:42 PM
LeXaNoMicS
Lead Lap

You just like sayin my name huh ! LMAO
Old 02-18-09, 01:12 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
These lights have been around for a while now, but the smaller versions came out later.

Almost 2 years ago, I showed these lights to Clifford at mobileHID.com and his upgrade kit plugs right in.

I should probably take them both apart to identify any differences between the two, aside from the OEM version already being an HID.
please do ! and maybe get some light output shots from the 2 different lights !
Old 02-18-09, 01:50 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by RMMGS4

yes please please do this....and as lexusondubs says a light output difference would be great. would give jarvis and i the info we need to decide if we wanna get them. u wanting to sell these lights and your OEM q45's? i'll probably take them both (u got inner and outer ones on the generic version?)

do u have a link for that eliteauto? i tried goggling them but to no avail

Last edited by sakataj; 04-02-10 at 01:36 PM.
Old 02-18-09, 01:52 PM
LeXaNoMicS
Lead Lap

eliteautostyle.com i emailed him waiting for responce so i can order the projectors , just the outters tho im not sure i want the inners, lol. i think a tsx projector as an inner would finish it off nicely
Old 02-18-09, 02:12 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

eliteautostyle.com i emailed him waiting for responce so i can order the projectors , just the outters tho im not sure i want the inners, lol. i think a tsx projector as an inner would finish it off nicely
maybe so but the matching set of inners/outters would look nice. tsx would be OK but the bmw ones (i forgot which we've talked about them on here before) would be nice also

ok checked out there website
http://eliteautostyle.com/products/lighting.htm

doesnt seem like they carry the inners though

just the outters

Last edited by sakataj; 02-18-09 at 02:20 PM.

Quick Reply: OMG have you seen these