GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

New carpet kit and leather kit for 2002 GS430

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-09, 09:16 PM
daltexlex
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New carpet kit and leather kit for 2002 GS430

Has anybody bought a carpet kit or new leather for their GS? I'm sure factory leather and carpeting is crazy expensive. Looking for my options but want at least factory quality. Nothing less... Thanks for looking.
Old 02-15-09, 07:15 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Carpet kit from Lexus is $990.00

New leather from our vendor on here is about $800-$1000
Old 02-15-09, 07:22 AM
habeeb89
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why do you need new carpeting? I know the leather shows signs of wear after a while, but I really never had a problem with bad carpet...
Old 02-15-09, 10:56 AM
Sash1mi
Lexus Champion

my carpet looks not new or fresh.... is there any detailers or interior detailer that can work the carpet out like fresh and new?

Dara
Old 02-15-09, 11:11 AM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by AristoMade
my carpet looks not new or fresh.... is there any detailers or interior detailer that can work the carpet out like fresh and new?

Dara
Not "new or fresh" as in slightly matted due to moisture getting on it, or not "new or fresh" due to fries and slushees getting on it? There's a big difference.

If it's just that it's kinda blah, you can get surprising results with a rug machine and some elbow grease. Do you not have floor mats? Those are super easy to refresh. Just take them out of the car and wash them with carpet cleaner, let them get some air to dry, then vacuum well. For interim care, "Tuff Stuff" in the yellow aerosol can works well. Spray, brush thoroughly with a medium stiffness detailing brush (use it ONLY for cleaning the car), and vacuum up.

Big Mack
Old 02-15-09, 11:12 AM
JoelGs
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by habeeb89
Why do you need new carpeting? I know the leather shows signs of wear after a while, but I really never had a problem with bad carpet...
Never had that problem with the carpet before, the leather might consider faded or tear., So, like Habeeb89 mention, Why do you need to replace carpet?
Old 02-15-09, 01:41 PM
djspawn00
Lexus Test Driver

A new set of mats would make a world of difference on my black interior..... when the times I'll just recover the leather with something from leatherseats.com and throw in a new set of mats...
Old 02-26-09, 08:47 PM
daltexlex
Driver

yea, I like the idea of just cleaning the ***** outta the carpet and throwing down some new Lexus mats and redoing the leather through leatherseats.com. I wonder about the leather grain they use? Brand new Lexus leather is awesome!
Old 02-26-09, 09:16 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

a lot of members here have redone their seats with leatherseats.com hopefully they will chime in. This is on my list of things to do this year
Old 10-05-23, 08:43 AM
Tsaab
6th Gear

For those who have used the leatherseats.com, for 1998-2005 Lexus gs, what does it look like? Provide pics? I have the ivory interior on my 01 Gs430 (yes I know that's a very disliked color) and I customized new black ones on leatherseats.com but don't know what they will look like. And does it come with a full set for all seats in the front and back row seat too?
Old 10-05-23, 04:34 PM
DundukovEM
Intermediate

Received 105 Likes on 89 Posts

Ivory color is one of the most difficult to match. If you go black you might have better luck. What about the color of the carpet and door cards then?
I doubt any aftermarket leather seat cover manufacturers can come close to Lexus' OEM style. They are all just a hit and miss experience.

Wow, they're $1800 a set now!

Last edited by DundukovEM; 10-05-23 at 04:42 PM.
Old 10-05-23, 04:42 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Received 2,826 Likes on 2,389 Posts

Washing the carpet (removed from the car) makes it look like new. See CCN and Chicago Auto Pros on Youtube they did a full interior strip and detail of an LS interior including washing the carpet. Almost any stains will come out exceptions are oil/grease and ink or dye.
Old 10-05-23, 04:46 PM
DundukovEM
Intermediate

Received 105 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by LeX2K
Washing the carpet (removed from the car) makes it look like new. See CCN and Chicago Auto Pros on Youtube they did a full interior strip and detail of an LS interior including washing the carpet. Almost any stains will come out exceptions are oil/grease and ink or dye.
I saw it too. Impressive work, but it would be a hell of a lot of work for DIYers. Probably much less just for the carpet.
Old 10-05-23, 05:41 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Received 2,826 Likes on 2,389 Posts

Originally Posted by DundukovEM
I saw it too. Impressive work, but it would be a hell of a lot of work for DIYers. Probably much less just for the carpet.
They did a full interior strip, everything removed. Taking out just the carpet is work but not too bad.
Old 10-05-23, 07:48 PM
Tsaab
6th Gear

Originally Posted by DundukovEM
Ivory color is one of the most difficult to match. If you go black you might have better luck. What about the color of the carpet and door cards then?
I doubt any aftermarket leather seat cover manufacturers can come close to Lexus' OEM style. They are all just a hit and miss experience.

Wow, they're $1800 a set now!
wait, so should i buy the new ones i customized on leatherseats.com? The color of the carpet and door cards are ivory, everything is ivory and stock. As for the doors i can easily buy the black ones and put it on, the carpet I'm thinking about just getting black mats that can do a full coverage to cover up the ivory carpet (also if you know where I can get those I'd appreciate it because I don't know where I can find ones that covers all of the carpet) the dashboard I'm still trying to figure out, but as for the seats that's why I was asking if I buy them off leatherseats.com, will it be a full seat or just the seat cover to go over my ivory seats? Sorry if I sounded confusing but some info would be very useful.

Quick Reply: New carpet kit and leather kit for 2002 GS430