GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

recommended alarm w/remote start?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-09, 03:03 AM
danny10989
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default recommended alarm w/remote start?

any one have any suggestions for a good alarm with a remote start for a 2gs?
i want a tilt sensor in it also.
and thing is i have a friend that works at a bestbuys at the discount on auto stuff is dirt cheap so if any 1 has a suggestion on a alarm w/remote start that bestbuy offers would be even better.

thanks in advance CL always comes through!
Old 03-03-09, 09:19 AM
HGill
Pole Position

I had the Python 872 system installed last summer. It has remote start, 2 way pager, tilt, shock and I added the proxy sensor.

http://www.pythoncarsecurity.com/pro...?ProductID=605
Old 03-03-09, 09:23 AM
LeXaNoMicS
Lead Lap

You might get more help in the AUDIO section
Old 03-03-09, 11:53 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

just one brand for me VIPER....but dunno if best buy carries them
Old 03-03-09, 02:01 PM
kamikaze04
Driver

i was thinking about this too. but some people said that there are too many sensors and they are really sensitive. and it wont last as long as factory
Old 03-03-09, 02:28 PM
kamlung
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

it shouldn't matter how many sensors you have... it offers more protection on your car and should not degrade the life of the alarm if it is installed CORRECTLY... i emphasize correctly since many times not all of them are installed properly...

if you go with any DEI brand (Viper, Python, Hornet) you can't go wrong... just find an authorized dealer if you can't do it yourself...
Old 03-03-09, 05:16 PM
istundra
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Clifford is DEI as well. Just repackaged Viper
Old 03-03-09, 05:20 PM
VNN326
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

remote start? one of the CL members on here has a OEM plug in. you just press lock 3 times and it starts. i dont know what its called but he asked if i wanted it at the time, but no cash.
Old 03-03-09, 05:25 PM
ray123
Lead Lap

damn that be awsome coustom remote start^^^
Old 03-03-09, 06:43 PM
black04GS
Driver School Candidate

Its the LuxLink addon from Luxury Motorworks....

http://www.luxurymotorworks.com/prod...uxLink&p_cat=3
Old 03-03-09, 09:15 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

I'm an Autopage guy. Great products, specialty shops only - but as has already been said, the installation is the key. Bad install = pointless. Good install = car still there in the morning.

Big Mack
Old 03-03-09, 09:49 PM
kamlung
Instructor

Originally Posted by StanCe
remote start? one of the CL members on here has a OEM plug in. you just press lock 3 times and it starts. i dont know what its called but he asked if i wanted it at the time, but no cash.
only prob with add-on remote starts to the OEM systems is that the range sucks... yes it is cleaner and you don't have to carry an addt'l remote... but you basically have to be within range of your keyless entry in order for it to pick up your remote start... i personally want the remote start so i can start the car a block away while i am walking to my car so it can warm up... not when im 2 ft away about to get in...
Old 03-03-09, 10:22 PM
istundra
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I do not mean to be off topic... but i think this is a relevant question maybe some installers might know the answer..

Question. Are there any aftermarket remote start systems that can also be ARM/DISARM via negative trigger?
Lock on the factory remote then it ARM the alarm.
Unlock on the factory remote then it DISARM the alarm.
...(something like add-on alarm system on factory keyless but w/ additional LCD remote that has remote start and access to other channels)

Ideally, I'd like to carry the remote start LCD remote when i need to.....

I know that with the use of the aftermarket alarm system will certain be able to activate/deactivate the factory system by the LOCK/UNLOCK wires.
Old 03-04-09, 01:08 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by kamlung
only prob with add-on remote starts to the OEM systems is that the range sucks... yes it is cleaner and you don't have to carry an addt'l remote... but you basically have to be within range of your keyless entry in order for it to pick up your remote start... i personally want the remote start so i can start the car a block away while i am walking to my car so it can warm up... not when im 2 ft away about to get in...
get the extended range by viper...supposed to work 1-2 miles away!
Old 03-04-09, 01:23 PM
kamlung
Instructor

Originally Posted by sakataj
get the extended range by viper...supposed to work 1-2 miles away!
the extended range on the viper will work if you carry the extra remote... i was referring to the add ons that don't require extra remotes... they go only as far as the range on the keyless entry of your oem system...

and the 1 mile range on the viper will only work in an open area... if you are in a rural area with buildings, good luck!!! prob quarter mile at most...

Originally Posted by istundra
I do not mean to be off topic... but i think this is a relevant question maybe some installers might know the answer..

Question. Are there any aftermarket remote start systems that can also be ARM/DISARM via negative trigger?
Lock on the factory remote then it ARM the alarm.
Unlock on the factory remote then it DISARM the alarm.
...(something like add-on alarm system on factory keyless but w/ additional LCD remote that has remote start and access to other channels)

Ideally, I'd like to carry the remote start LCD remote when i need to.....

I know that with the use of the aftermarket alarm system will certain be able to activate/deactivate the factory system by the LOCK/UNLOCK wires.
i am a bit confused by your question... your last sentence yes is true... you can arm/disarm your oem alarm when you arm/disarm your aftermarket alarm via the keypad... but are you asking if you can do the reverse??? i.e.. arm the aftermarket alarm with the oem remote???

Quick Reply: recommended alarm w/remote start?