GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

HUGE system + 4 Compressors =?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-09 | 07:01 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dRo15
Yes, they are full at 150 psi.

I could have sword I read other members on UAS rolling at about 110ish psi.
really!? my tank wont even push out to that! Maybe THATS where my problem is!!! the ONLY way I can get to 70 is if I lift the car up once, wait till the tank is full again to push out that remainder 10-15 psi. The tank wont push any harder.

maybe I'm not running at 200psi? I couldnt imagine running anymore than the 70 that i've have!

advise please.
Old 03-04-09 | 07:38 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

maybe you have a bad pressure switch i have a adjustable switch for sale thats heavy duty in the classifieds and its adjustable ... that website is down that i posted the links to but put it like this 1 viair 480 is something like 1.2 cfm and the oasis is like 14.2 cfm soo yea huge difference !! (guessing at numbers just using as example)
Old 03-04-09 | 09:41 PM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Wow this thread went all over the place.
It has a place in the VIP section because that is where the AIR suspension guys are as it is not a GS specific question.

You sir have a major problem with your set up.
If it takes 10 minutes to fill and holds 200 psi and drops to 50 after raising you need to start changing things and it is not the compressors.

Here is a comparison.
My LS which weights more is limited to 175 in the tank.
from layed out to ride height it takes 2-3 seconds max and uses about 20psi to get the fronts to 80 and rears to 110.
I can go up and down 4-5 times without refilling but the pump comes on at 145.
I have 1/4 inch lines and use a single 380c (so it is a small one).
Ever drain you tank for water?

I started a thread in teh vip section for just these questions were people post their setups.
Old 03-05-09 | 12:01 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by skperformance
Wow this thread went all over the place.
It has a place in the VIP section because that is where the AIR suspension guys are as it is not a GS specific question.

You sir have a major problem with your set up.
If it takes 10 minutes to fill and holds 200 psi and drops to 50 after raising you need to start changing things and it is not the compressors.

Here is a comparison.
My LS which weights more is limited to 175 in the tank.
from layed out to ride height it takes 2-3 seconds max and uses about 20psi to get the fronts to 80 and rears to 110.
I can go up and down 4-5 times without refilling but the pump comes on at 145.
I have 1/4 inch lines and use a single 380c (so it is a small one).
Ever drain you tank for water?

I started a thread in teh vip section for just these questions were people post their setups.
Well just like everyone else, you didnt read what I said right. I said twice that it does not take 10minuets to fill the 5 gallon, it was a estimated figure of filling up TWO 5 gallon tanks if I were to keep just the 2 480's for 2 tanks. I can lift the whole car up (all 4 at once) to ~60psi per bag in 1/2 a second. I just put a brand new tank in; no water, but since day one I never got 110psi. I dont believe I have major problems, major problems come with time not from day one from what I consider to be a simple cut and dry install (that is time consuming) I forgot to run a line (and still havent) to the pressure sensor on the tank, so I've never really been able to see how much air is going inside. I will do that in the morning to see what its filling up to.

After talking this out, my problem is something in the tank and it not being able to push enough pressure out to fill the bags past ~60. If the pressure switch is a possibility, that makes sense and will start there.
Old 03-06-09 | 07:31 PM
toeb
Pole Position

also i would say to check your valves make sure you got them all going the right way. im on uas 2-480's 5 gallon tank 1/2 in lines and valves and i also have 2-1/2 in dryers (not cheep) the psi switch you got makes the comp's cut on at 165 psi and shut them off at 200 psi. with mine if the tank is completely full i can lift it up 2 full times before the comp's kick on. as for gauges you dont need no stinking gauges!!!!LOLOLOLOL!!! but no really i dont have any gauges so i cant say for the real psi. ive been on this set up for a year and no problems. also your front end leak could have alittle to do with it as well.
Old 03-06-09 | 08:24 PM
dRo15
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by toeb
also i would say to check your valves make sure you got them all going the right way.
^^^ huh ... If the valves weren't facing the right direction, he wouldn't be able to either raise or lower his car in that particular corner. Basically, he would have figured out a long time ago if the valves weren't facing in the right direction.
Old 03-06-09 | 08:54 PM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Wink

Sorry so late ...

I am running two tanks .. and they are 6 gallon was told 7 but kinda dont believe it ..

anyways ... AZ compressors are the fastest on the market for your buck ... 299.00

My gauges show to 167. on all 4 and i have the 200 pressure sensor switch aswell ..

I can do 2 full ups and down and then the compressors run ...

Its all custom but I like the idea of having 4 compressors just No room .. I have 150 amp fuse running both compressors into the battery with the fuse inline ..

heres a movie to help show you It goes and goes and goes ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwiKZaEKPMk

remember that's only 2 compressors and they draw alot of power .. with all 4 hids and the compressors on I must choose to park the car and charge it ... or just drive no stop and go ...

stock alt and upgrades 880cca battery ...

Hope that helps
Old 03-07-09 | 12:10 AM
tom steele
Lead Lap

i heard of guys running small co2 tanks on the side when they want to play real fast fill up that way also i went with the 200 amp alternator much needed
Old 03-07-09 | 12:12 AM
tom steele
Lead Lap

oh yea and my uas bags are pretty much full at 70psi 110 is crazy how stiff is that ride
Old 03-07-09 | 01:09 AM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

I ride my uas bags at 117 front and 140 rear ... rides just fine .. even with -10.7 degrees camber
Old 03-07-09 | 04:45 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

I'm starting to think that there may be 2 different types of bags or something (after what Tom Steele said). Theres just no way anything past 70-80maybe can happen.

BIPPUPXR Thanks for the vid, I've been wanting to compare my ride height with someone. That vid is identical to my set up. Close to the same speed and the same lock up! I dont think I have anything wrong... Your video just confirms what I need/want, I just need more air to "play". Speed is un-complainable
Old 03-07-09 | 04:53 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

oh yea, and I can drive my bags at 25-30 front and 22 rear! My daily drive is 35-40 front and 30-35 in rear. full lock up is about 70-75 all around. On 20's the front tire is about 4"-5" from the lip of the fender and tucks about 1/2" when slammed while the rear is locked up with about an inch or two and tucks about 1"1 1/2".

If you notice all the numbers are about half of what everyone else is running while driving and/or locked up. Me an "dro" were talking about how that works out. SOMETHING is making the numbers to exactly half but still the same ride heights. Weird though, you would think that psi is psi . What would cause similar results with different psi's? Would a different bag cause that?
Old 03-07-09 | 08:39 AM
tom steele
Lead Lap

good point there must be two different bags Mr jokster stance looks the same as mine and his psi reading are right on with my set up ill ask uas i only live 10 minutes from them
Old 03-07-09 | 09:12 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tom steele
good point there must be two different bags Mr jokster stance looks the same as mine and his psi reading are right on with my set up ill ask uas i only live 10 minutes from them
sweet, let us know whats up.
Old 03-08-09 | 03:30 AM
REV-01
Lexus Champion

may be you forgot to program the gauge.

Quick Reply: HUGE system + 4 Compressors =?