GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Best way to match inner headlights with outer OEM HIDs?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-10 | 01:35 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LiLS
hey sak, im running 8000k hid so i think the 1st bulb or the 3rd bulb you psoted from vled would work...which bulbs are those sir?
and if i wanted the same color for my sidemarker would i just order 2 sets then?

also would those same one fit licesne plate?
well im running 4300k HIDS in my highs,lows,and fogs so i dunno if they will match the 8k HIDs. the ones i settled on after experimenting are from warren from ebay... i looked back over this thread and didnt see my quote or pics bout my v-leds bulbs so im confused now

i think these are bulbs i was using but as i said i looked back over this and couldnt even find MY post bout which bulbs i used....maybe i just dont see it for once?????

http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED/C...85865-1-2.html

http://www.v-leds.com/Interior-LED/D...68086-1-2.html

im having a tough time with my license plate bulbs from v-leds. i have blown a few sets....think its from the enclosure being so close to the bulb and the heat being to much for it....but oddly it has ONLY blown the right side. oh well i now have a reason to install my jdm IS300 lights on in there or i might try these

http://www.v-leds.com/Interior-LED/D...91894-1-2.html

Originally Posted by LexusK
Might be upgrading my HIDs too so Id also like to know!
upgrading to what Kelvin bulb?
Old 01-15-10 | 12:34 AM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

check post 107 sir....and would those same lights fit in my lp and sidemarkers?
Old 01-19-10 | 11:38 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

check post 107 sir....and would those same lights fit in my lp and sidemarkers?
haha pretty bad when i look back through this and cant find my own post. will DEF fit the license plate but i found a set i JUST ordered from v-led that looks potentially better for the license plate (i may NEVER install those damn jdm altezza led ones) told you'll i was constantly changing stuff

http://www.v-leds.com/Interior-LED/D...-p6691894.html

i think with the angle it will help and keep my bulbs from overheating and burning out which i have done twice in my license plate bulbs due to the tight space and the closeness of the bulb

sidemarkers, i dunno. i dunno what bulb they use....if its a 194 they will
Old 01-20-10 | 08:59 PM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sakataj
haha pretty bad when i look back through this and cant find my own post. will DEF fit the license plate but i found a set i JUST ordered from v-led that looks potentially better for the license plate (i may NEVER install those damn jdm altezza led ones) told you'll i was constantly changing stuff

http://www.v-leds.com/Interior-LED/D...-p6691894.html

i think with the angle it will help and keep my bulbs from overheating and burning out which i have done twice in my license plate bulbs due to the tight space and the closeness of the bulb

sidemarkers, i dunno. i dunno what bulb they use....if its a 194 they will
i changed my mind i want my lp bulbs whitish so i think ima go with those,what should i get for my sidemarker bulb thatll match that?

also out of the 2 blue led wedge bulbs you got which one was more blue?
Old 01-21-10 | 04:58 AM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion
CL Folding 100000

I was lurking in the the 3GS forums and found led bulbs from a vendor here that appear to light up the housing really well AND is not very blue in color. It's definitely caught my interest.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...t-194-led.html
Old 01-21-10 | 11:06 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

i changed my mind i want my lp bulbs whitish so i think ima go with those,what should i get for my sidemarker bulb thatll match that?

also out of the 2 blue led wedge bulbs you got which one was more blue?
my LP are white....just want them brighter

Originally Posted by MrG4Life
I was lurking in the the 3GS forums and found led bulbs from a vendor here that appear to light up the housing really well AND is not very blue in color. It's definitely caught my interest.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...t-194-led.html
those look to blue to me....even compared to the oem ones i think. i mean they close but they off IMHO
Old 01-21-10 | 11:33 AM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

any idea what led i should use to match 8k?
Old 01-21-10 | 12:13 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

any idea what led i should use to match 8k?
sorry, no. im using oem 4300k and aftermarket 4300k in the highs and fogs so im not sure for you
Old 09-08-10 | 09:21 AM
LexusK
Racer

Sorry to be bumping an old thread, but i ordered another set of the warden bulbs after about a year to put into my clear sidemarkers (Inners are still going strong). However, theres a problem, they look really yellow... I have a feeling it might be a different seller thats impersonating the real warden. If you look at the locations, one is from HK and the other is from Virginia. My sidemarkers dont match my headlights at all Could it be that the sidemarker housing is making the leds look yellow?
Old 09-08-10 | 11:25 AM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion
CL Folding 100000

Originally Posted by LexusK
Sorry to be bumping an old thread, but i ordered another set of the warden bulbs after about a year to put into my clear sidemarkers (Inners are still going strong). However, theres a problem, they look really yellow... I have a feeling it might be a different seller thats impersonating the real warden. If you look at the locations, one is from HK and the other is from Virginia. My sidemarkers dont match my headlights at all Could it be that the sidemarker housing is making the leds look yellow?
No worries. I recently ordered some bulbs from him even though I noticed the "shipping from" location was somewhere in Virginia. It took about a week (which is normal) and it came from Hong Kong and there was a light green label which is put on the envelope by customs.

Verify if you ordered the correct bulbs and definitely contact him. He is a very legit seller and many here have nice words about him. I got him as a favorite seller since I've ordered plenty of times from him.
Old 09-09-10 | 01:18 AM
LexusK
Racer

The thing is, this is the second set he had to send me cause the first one did not work when I installed them in the sidemarkers. I have my doubts that hell be willing to help me out here... :/

I just pulled them out earlier today to look at them and it seems like the bottom of the led (the white plastic part) is different from the one I ordered a year ago. When I searched for them the second time around for my sidemarkers, I copied and pasted the description word for word, so it shouldve been the same bulb/color.
Old 03-06-12 | 01:03 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Ok, this thread needs a huge bump. I am very frustrated right now!

I bought these warm white LED bulbs from warden_jp2002 back when this thread was posted, and they were nearly a perfect match for the factory 4100K HID system. Now one of the bulbs burned out, but the warm white LEDs that warden_jp2002 sells now, as well as other sellers, are now 3500K in temperature, and do not match HID at all, they are basically as yellow as a halogen bulb. On the other hand, the cool white/xenon white LEDs that he and other sellers have are 5-6000k in temperature, and are way too blue.
Old 03-06-12 | 09:15 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

yeah i bought them also, actually bought a few sets....but like most china made products they didnt last. the next set i bought from him didnt match either. i just gave up with warden....i went back to V-LED's lights
Old 03-06-12 | 10:57 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

yeah i bought them also, actually bought a few sets....but like most china made products they didnt last. the next set i bought from him didnt match either. i just gave up with warden....i went back to V-LED's lights
Which V-leds are you using? They have 3500K, 5000K, and 6000K? I guess 5000K would be closest to 4100K stock HIDs, but still a far cry from the bulbs warden used to carry. He claims that his old bulbs were 4000K - almost a perfect match.
Old 03-06-12 | 01:10 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Vleds doesnt have the white leds to match 4300k. They only got 5000k. Unless they just got them

Quick Reply: Best way to match inner headlights with outer OEM HIDs?