GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Another retrofit question

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-09 | 05:06 PM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion
CL Folding 25,000

Originally Posted by LeXaNoMicS
good, im glad i could help...also the depth of the projevtor is not that important if hes good he can extend the rear housing to accomodate ....
That is not the problem. The problem is that the ecu is right behind the driver's side highbeam so there are only a few inches to work with.
Old 03-27-09 | 06:11 PM
LeXaNoMicS
Lead Lap

im sure you can make the valeos fit , you can chech the dimentions on there website ...goodluck brotha
Old 03-28-09 | 05:19 AM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion
CL Folding 25,000

im sure you can make the valeos fit , you can chech the dimentions on there website ...goodluck brotha
Appreciate the support but the reason why Nar8ta put this thread up was to get input on what other people have already put in so that he wont have problems.

So for anyone with projectors in the high beam housings what projectors did u use?
Old 03-28-09 | 09:11 AM
LeXaNoMicS
Lead Lap

go to retrofit source .com look up some dimentions , i have brians heads (there open already)so ill measure the depth and then you can just measure the space behind your heads...let me know
Old 03-30-09 | 10:34 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

go to retrofit source .com look up some dimentions , i have brians heads (there open already)so ill measure the depth and then you can just measure the space behind your heads...let me know
yeah he should be able to measure off my spare pair of headlights (i'll soon have ANOTHER spare pair thanks to nigel that im actually gonna retrofit on, might even grab up a set of green tinted ones and retro them...guessing im becoming a headlight ***** as i now have 3 sets an thinking of getting a 4th)

javier....and lee....i talked to adrian (bluelex) this last week and this is what he told me he retroed into the highs

"I had the high beams retro'd with hella 90mm projectors, basically same as what comes in m3's..."
Old 03-30-09 | 08:36 PM
nar8ta
Instructor

Originally Posted by Spyder78
Appreciate the support but the reason why Nar8ta put this thread up was to get input on what other people have already put in so that he wont have problems.

So for anyone with projectors in the high beam housings what projectors did u use?
Thanks V....I wanted definite answers and not just what I think will fit, But no one that has done this personally has chimed in.

Lee
Old 03-30-09 | 08:39 PM
nar8ta
Instructor

Originally Posted by sakataj
yeah he should be able to measure off my spare pair of headlights (i'll soon have ANOTHER spare pair thanks to nigel that im actually gonna retrofit on, might even grab up a set of green tinted ones and retro them...guessing im becoming a headlight ***** as i now have 3 sets an thinking of getting a 4th)

javier....and lee....i talked to adrian (bluelex) this last week and this is what he told me he retroed into the highs

"I had the high beams retro'd with hella 90mm projectors, basically same as what comes in m3's..."
i'm a drug counselor by profession.....and your definitely showing signs of of headlight addiction traits B. i aint mad at ya though
Old 03-31-09 | 09:49 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by nar8ta
i'm a drug counselor by profession.....and your definitely showing signs of of headlight addiction traits B. i aint mad at ya though
i know....i might do 2 retro's....one with the ls430's and the hella and the other with the gatlins and the small gatlins for the high beams! change them out whenever i choose
Old 03-31-09 | 10:34 AM
nar8ta
Instructor

Originally Posted by sakataj
i know....i might do 2 retro's....one with the ls430's and the hella and the other with the gatlins and the small gatlins for the high beams! change them out whenever i choose
LOL you sound like me now, V (sypder) got mad at me and said I'm wasting money

Anyone with info please help.....

Lee
Old 03-31-09 | 10:44 AM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

LOL! Brian, the first step is to admit you are powerless over headlights!
Old 03-31-09 | 11:06 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

LOL you sound like me now, V (sypder) got mad at me and said I'm wasting money

Lee
well i really wanna do the q45 with the small q45 for the high beams but everyone talking me into the ls430 for the lows for more light (which is always a good thing, unless u with a ugly/fat girl ) and im not quite sure on the high beams but also was considering the s2k's for awhile...or the TSX's . plus i want my green tint housing + the auto levelers to work so....who knows i might end up with a few and im sure first one will suck since im starting this from scratch for me

Originally Posted by Kyle Harty
i have no problems kyle....im not powerless....(OHHHHHH another set of headlights are in the classifieds) damn it! hahaha

some people are wheel *****s....im to broke to be spending that much $ on wheels all the time....plus then i would have to do suspension....

all in due time though
Old 03-31-09 | 12:08 PM
nar8ta
Instructor

LOL Kyle thats the first step in NA/AA .....He's in denial LOL
Old 03-31-09 | 04:10 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Well then there's nothing we can do for him until he's ready. How many sets of headlights does a man need to have before he realizes things are getting unmanageable?

On a side note, I haven't uploaded those Q45 output pics yet, after quite a bit of stress and back and forth I've decided to just use them myself. The other set of projectors I wanted don't look to be available anymore and I want to get the car back together ASAP. I'm hoping to have the first one mounted in the next day or two but I want to take my time and make sure I get everything right. I'll try to get the pics up sometime soon, just for referance if nothing else.
Old 04-01-09 | 11:56 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

LOL Kyle thats the first step in NA/AA .....He's in denial LOL
denial schmial. i neither confirm nor deny anything....i take the 5th!

Well then there's nothing we can do for him until he's ready. How many sets of headlights does a man need to have before he realizes things are getting unmanageable?

On a side note, I haven't uploaded those Q45 output pics yet, after quite a bit of stress and back and forth I've decided to just use them myself. The other set of projectors I wanted don't look to be available anymore and I want to get the car back together ASAP. I'm hoping to have the first one mounted in the next day or two but I want to take my time and make sure I get everything right. I'll try to get the pics up sometime soon, just for referance if nothing else.
i actually had though bout doin more than that....one with the q45 and fake high beam q45's, one with ls430's, one with s2k, one with tsx, and another one im not mentioning yet

i got some tricks up my sleeve for the ones i do end up...im sure after building ONE set i will have enough parts to make 3-4 other sets so maybe i will do that

so i know others on here have done retro's what did you people do in your high beams?

Last edited by sakataj; 04-03-09 at 11:54 AM.
Old 04-02-09 | 09:33 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

ok i found a older thread...i like those ls460's think i might swing to them. so what are people doing in the high beams though or are they not doing anything?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lig...rojectors.html

Last edited by sakataj; 04-02-09 at 09:52 AM.