GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

gas pedal stiffness modification

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-09, 09:47 PM
gsCrazy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gas pedal stiffness modification

Does anyone know if we can make the gas pedal more stiff? Meaning make it so that it takes more force to depress it?

It seems our gas pedals are very light and I notice this more especiall after driving a 5 series or even a subaru. I just want it stiff enough so that when I'm stepping on the gas pedal I can better sense how far depressed it is. Does anyone else feel that the GS's gas pedal is too light?
Old 03-22-09, 09:55 PM
AYEmike
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gsCrazy
Does anyone know if we can make the gas pedal more stiff? Meaning make it so that it takes more force to depress it?

It seems our gas pedals are very light and I notice this more especiall after driving a 5 series or even a subaru. I just want it stiff enough so that when I'm stepping on the gas pedal I can better sense how far depressed it is. Does anyone else feel that the GS's gas pedal is too light?
lol ever tried the camry or corolla's gas pedal? haha. ours is stiff compared to their's.
Old 03-22-09, 10:09 PM
Alexus_300
Lexus Test Driver

I find our gas pedal feel just fine. Not too stiff nor soft.
Old 03-23-09, 06:26 AM
Frankdorn
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I haven't looked under there (have you?), but there's probably a spring holding up the gas pedal...maybe add another spring.
Old 03-23-09, 09:31 AM
2000LEX
Lexus Test Driver

I noticed that after driving my rx300 my Gs feels like the wireless throttle rather than cable.
Old 03-23-09, 02:54 PM
gsCrazy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Frankdorn
I haven't looked under there (have you?), but there's probably a spring holding up the gas pedal...maybe add another spring.
I've taken a quick glance when I Zipped tied the spring (aka the built in slack) in our gas pedal so that there's no delay when I step on the gas but I was not able to see high enough. Has anyone seen or know where the spring is and know if it's possible to add another spring or swap it out for a stiffer one?
Old 03-23-09, 05:26 PM
AYEmike
Lexus Champion

I've taken a quick glance when I Zipped tied the spring (aka the built in slack) in our gas pedal so that there's no delay when I step on the gas but I was not able to see high enough. Has anyone seen or know where the spring is and know if it's possible to add another spring or swap it out for a stiffer one?
something like, you mean you want instant acceleration without the 2 second lag??????????????????????
Old 03-24-09, 09:30 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by GS3mike
something like, you mean you want instant acceleration without the 2 second lag??????????????????????
i think he means he doesnt wanna have to push the pedal ALL the way to the floor to get it to go....i dont think he's talking bout the drive by wire crap lexus built into these...

i know what u mean OP it seems like before it goes newhere my pedal is halfway down atleast
Old 03-24-09, 07:16 PM
gsCrazy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GS3mike
no. i mean i just want the gas pedal to be stiffer as per my first post.
Old 03-25-09, 12:10 AM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

no. i mean i just want the gas pedal to be stiffer as per my first post.
Been looking for the same thing... subscribed.
Old 03-25-09, 09:03 AM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

It not too hard to do. I did it on my car. You just have to take apart the throttle body and give the spring an extra rotation to add more tension. The specific part you need to take apart is the APS(accelerator pedal position sensor). Be careful becase the spring is under tension and will fly out at you if you're not careful. Then also you must remember how you took it apart so you will know how it goes back together, and be careful putting it back together. One slip and the spring flies back out at your. Don't ask me how I know lol
Old 03-25-09, 10:28 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTsai
It not too hard to do. I did it on my car. You just have to take apart the throttle body and give the spring an extra rotation to add more tension. The specific part you need to take apart is the APS(accelerator pedal position sensor). Be careful becase the spring is under tension and will fly out at you if you're not careful. Then also you must remember how you took it apart so you will know how it goes back together, and be careful putting it back together. One slip and the spring flies back out at your. Don't ask me how I know lol
is there ANYTHING you havent done jeff?
Old 06-10-09, 04:08 PM
gsCrazy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JeffTsai
hey jeff,

just saw the post. do you have any further details? pictures?
Old 06-10-09, 04:19 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Stick one of these under your pedal. Hell they make progressive springs too if that's your thing
Old 06-10-09, 09:16 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 94 Likes on 76 Posts

Easy. Put on of those racing pedal covers and wear slippers. You will feel 10% difference in stiffness.

Quick Reply: gas pedal stiffness modification