GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Pi$$ed... Victim of road rage!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-02, 06:02 AM
mumbles
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Pi$$ed... Victim of road rage!

Another shining example of why all cars should be equipped with phazers to eliminate idiots on sight!
I'm on my way to work, and attempting to merge into the fast lane. There would have been plenty of room if this idiot had not sped up when he saw my turn signal, but since he did, I wound up missing his front bumper by 5 or 6 feet... close yeah, but not catastrophic, and a situation created by the other driver.
So, what does this a$$hole do? He pulls onto the shoulder and starts to pass me. Then without warning, the frickin jerkoff starts slamming into my car trying to force himself back into the fast lane. My mind is racing at this point, I just cant believe this guy just hit my car on purpose multiple times! :eek:
Of course he just keeps driving like this is normal??? So I start flashing my lights and motioning for him to pull over (thoughts of whippin this boys *** floating through my mind), but he just keeps driving. Finally, the traffic clears enough for me to get along side him and I keep motioning for him to pull over, but again, he just keeps going while yelling something at me and flipping me off. There is no traffic ahead of us, so I pull in front of him and slow down. I guess this pi$$ed him off, because he finally pulls to the far right shoulder.
I want to kill this guy, but manage to keep my cool as he starts screaming about how I took his spot, and I forced him onto the shoulder, and I did this and I did that... I just kept my voice loud enough for him to hear, and kept getting as close to his face as I could. This pi$$ed him off even more and he tells me I'd better stay out of his face, so I move closer. He takes his coat off and throughs it on the ground saying he's gonna kick my a$$ now. So I move closer still. I get this idea. I don't have my cell phone, but he has one in his front pocket, and they way he's acting, if I can get the cops to show up, this moron will slit his own throat.
So I get nose to nose with this ***** and tell him that he can go on and on all he wants, but I have his license plate number and I'm going to call the cops. He says "fine, get your cell and call the cops". I told him that I didn't have a cell. He says "well I got one right here, I'll call them!"
Bingo It was like it was scripted, he did just what I wanted. The cops were there within 10 minutes, and he starts yelling and flinging his arms around just like he did with me, and 5 minutes later, this fu@ker was in cuffs in the back of the squad car! The cops listened to my side of the story, wrote up the report, and gave me the case number.
Now the bad part Good size dent in drivers side passenger door, drivers door, drivers side view mirror is tweaked, and two dents in the drivers quarter panel. I can only open my door about 18"
I'm fu@king pi$$ed because I now have to go through all the hassle of tracking down body shops, and I know that no paint job, no matter how well it's done will ever be as good as factory.
Ok, I'm done venting. Thanks for listening and I hope your day goes better than mine!
Old 03-11-02, 06:10 AM
altaf
Pole Position

That's messed up! He should be tossed into an oncoming car... what an idiot...
Old 03-11-02, 06:17 AM
wwest
Lead Lap

Default escalation

YOU started it, he escalated it, who's at fault?

Like a lot of drivers today, you seem to think your turn signal gives you the "right" to do as you please. What you did endangered other people's lives, that's no excuse for the other driver, but it sounds to me thta you were up for a fignt, went looking for one, and found it.

Please, PLEASE, be a bit more careful.
Old 03-11-02, 06:20 AM
GS430 GUY
Lexus Test Driver

Eric,
Sorry to hear about that crap. Good luck finding a good body shop and let us know the estimates on repairing the car. Curious to hear about how much $$$$ that a-hole did to your car. BTW where are you located?
Old 03-11-02, 06:31 AM
GS430 GUY
Lexus Test Driver

wwest,

I am curious as to how Eric started it and went looking for a fight? Because he put his signal on to indicate he was going to move in the fast lane?? Because the other car sped up to keep him from getting in the lane, but he was able to? Because he didn't move out of the fast lane as the jackass continued to hit his car from the shoulder? Because he was able to have the idiot call the cops, since he had no cell phone? I don't see how Eric started the situation and where he went looking for a fight either. It seems he was a victim of road rage and the other guy was "up for a fight, went looking for one, and found it," to quote you. Who's at fault, you ask? I think the cops made that decision when they took the idiot away in handcuffs.
Old 03-11-02, 06:40 AM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: escalation

Originally posted by wwest

Like a lot of drivers today, you seem to think your turn signal gives you the "right" to do as you please. What you did endangered other people's lives, that's no excuse for the other driver, but it sounds to me thta you were up for a fignt, went looking for one, and found it.

Wow what a great support of our fellow lexus member, get your facts straight that guy is just a total a$$hole. Please READ before you split somthing like this.

Eric, I felt you man, these kinda a$$holes are everywhere, especially when you have a Lex ride. Often I examine what car he's driving/behaving then I decide if I should stick my noce up into a fight. Last time I got shot at on the highway by some crazy mexican, I really learned my lesson, it was totally not worth it.

Find a good bodyshop, ur GS would be good as new.

Best of luck !
Old 03-11-02, 06:52 AM
SuperLex
Rookie

Damn, I'm surprised you didn't kick his ****ing ***.

If that were me I would have opened a can of whoop *** on him right there before he even opened his big ****ing mouth.
If I pull over for anyone I get out for one thing only and that's to beat some ****ing ***!!!

You definitely have your temper under control.
Old 03-11-02, 07:09 AM
mumbles
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: escalation

Originally posted by wwest

Well, you are entitled to your opinion, but I assure you that I did not start anything, and was not up for a fight. Endangering other peoples lives?
Like a lot of people on the internet these days, you seem to think an open forum gives you the "right" to take shots at other folks, to me you are not much better than the guy that hit me. Something in my post touched a nerve, so you escalated it and accused me of malicious intent without actually being there. But I guess I'm at fault for that also?
Actually, what I did was bait him into calling the police, otherwise it would have been my word against his. If you misconstrued this as my looking for a fight, sorry.
What he did to my car called for a major a$$ kicking, and I'm rather proud of myself for not resorting to that. For what it's worth, I will enroll in a creative writing course so that I will be able to better communicate in the future (since I intend to keep posting here), that way I need not be worried about people like yourself misinterpreting my meaning or reading something into the situation that doesn't exist.
Old 03-11-02, 07:26 AM
Rico's Revenge
Lead Lap

I agree with the part about people not understanding that the person on the highway has the right of way and it is the responsibility of the person who is entering the highway to merge safely into traffic.

What I don't agree with in this case is that it was any fault of Eric's. And even if it was, we've all been cut off before, but I can't think of one time that I felt it necessary to ram anyone elses vehicle!

Eric...I'm afraid that I would have hurt that idiot really bad, he would have started to take off his coat, but probably never finished!
Old 03-11-02, 09:53 AM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow.

I commend you for keeping your cool, and very damn sharp getting the cops there in the manner you did. Most of us here I think would have gone ape***** on the guy and wound up losing a lot more than our cool.

I offer my condolences; damn that is really terrible. Good luck with your repairs. I feel like I need a drink after reading this.
Old 03-11-02, 09:57 AM
ocnbrzz
Driver

Default Say what ?!?!

Boy, just when you think you've seen or heard it all!!!

Eric, What kind of ride was this puke driving? I mean if it was anything decent I can't believe anyone with any sort of "pride of ownership" would do such a thing.

The first thought that comes to my mind about the other driver when reading the recap of your experience is: L O S E R

Yeah, he's going to make it real far in this world. A real icon of success.

Not being there at the time, one thought keeps popping up in my mind, and that this sounds like a case of the "Have's vs. the have-nots"

If someone else is driving along and obviously has a quality ride I respect that and generally I feel I am extended the same respect (regardless whether i'm in my Porsche or Lex) and for the most part, a sense of camaradirie can be felt.

This ahemm,, "person", obviously was jealous of you and your Lex.
If they had any respect for themselves or their ride, not to mention the safety of all concerned and others on the highway around you, this individual would have exhibited just a tad more maturity.

If you have the opportunity to stick it to this guy, do so.

And for the record, wwest, you're way off base. You are in the penalty box until further notice!!
Old 03-11-02, 10:17 AM
jahdish
Rookie

eric i am extremely impressed with your ability to hold back violence towards this jacka$$. i wish i could say i would have done the same but by doing what you did you came out on top and you are definitley the better man for doing so.

wwest- although i don't believe that eric cut him off in a dangerous manner even if he had, by no means does that entitle someone to purposefully endanger the life of someone else not to mention all the other innocent people on the road. someone like that has obvious problems and in my opinion is a waste and a danger to our society.
Old 03-11-02, 10:34 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sorry to hear that you have to go through all that ***** and still got more ***** to take care of. But at least you're not at fault and the insurance will handle the problem (right?)

seems like you can keep cool real well. If I was in that situation I would've swinged at him already!
Old 03-11-02, 10:54 AM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts
Default situation and wwest

It sounds like mumbles maybe did not make the safest lane change of all time, but the other driver is a screwhead and deserves to be arrested. I have been cut off way worse than mumbles described and I don't have the best temper in the world, but a flash of the brights is about the most I would have done if I had been in the other guy's shoes. Banging into your car is totally unacceptable. The guy deserves to be charged with reckless endangerment. I hope your car is ok.
Old 03-11-02, 11:11 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

maybe take your car to a dealer that has a bodyshop and let them paint your car. They'll probably replace the damaged piece with totally new painted piece!

Quick Reply: Pi$$ed... Victim of road rage!