GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Just Got My GS430, Now have some Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-02, 07:04 AM
Budvarholsten
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Just Got My GS430, Now have some Questions

Hi Guys, I've just had my brand new GS430 for a couple of weeks now and am well impressed, having come up from a Renault Megane 1.6, the lexus feels like a Mclaren F1!
I have a few short questions that I hope some of you guys can give me the answers to.
1) I notice most of you guys have the Mark Levinson sound sytem installed, but how do I know what is fitted in mine? I have the sat-nav fitted if this gives any clues, cause it doesn't say on the front of the radio and there were no stereo upgrades offered in the options book.
2) The instruction books goes on about the seat memory buttons, but my car does not have any, is this another option I missed in the catalouge or is my car an early showroom 430 (I bought it as the dealerships showroom model for a knockdown price) that didn't get them fitted in time?
3) My alarm has gone off a couple of times when I have left the car parked in strong winds. Is there a way for me to turn down the alarms sensitivity, or will it have to go back to the dealer for some adjustments?
4) Is there a way to lock the car without setting the alarm? This is to try and beat the problem above.
5) Can I watch DVD movies in my sat-nav player without any modifications, or if mods are needed, what do I have to do?

If it helps, my car is a united kingdom spec car, I'm not sure if it is any different to american spec cars.
I'd really appreciate any answers to my questions,
Thanks Guys,
Budvarholsten..
Old 03-11-02, 08:42 AM
ShowGSLuVv
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The easiest way to know if u have the Mark levinson system, look on ur dashboard, if you have a speaker in the middle of ur dashboard then u have a mark levinson, if not then u just have the regular stop speakers, as far as the Memory seats go, if u have them there should be three buttons 1 2 and set, right above the door handle inside the car, the alarm and all that stuff has to be changed by the dealership, otherwise known as C-best settings

ShOwGS
Old 03-11-02, 01:52 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the club!!!
Old 03-11-02, 08:14 PM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by ShowGSLuVv
The easiest way to know if u have the Mark levinson system, look on ur dashboard, if you have a speaker in the middle of ur dashboard then u have a mark levinson, if not then u just have the regular stop speakers, as far as the Memory seats go, if u have them there should be three buttons 1 2 and set, right above the door handle inside the car, the alarm and all that stuff has to be changed by the dealership, otherwise known as C-best settings

ShOwGS
That's right. the speaker is so obvious that it grabs everyone's attention "is that aftermarket?" "wow, nice sound system" when it is STOCK configuration.