GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Help! Auto Window gone Crazy

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-09, 02:42 PM
AsGs300
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Unhappy Help! Auto Window gone Crazy

Hi, i have a 99 GS 300, When i auto close my rear left window it closes but comes down on its own, Its been like that since i bought never really bothered me because i wouldn't roll it up on AUTO I'd just hold the switch up til it closes.
However, Recently i added an aftermarket alarm system with remote start/door locks, so when i arm my car which locks the door, but the rear left window comes rolling down??? told the stereo shop guy and he tells me the alarm is not set up to my windows? it doesnt evan have that option,
I think some how its connected to the factory window/sunroof "auto close" you know like when you hold the factory remote to lock position or hold your key in the driverside doorlock till all windows shut.

danm long story.. huh, anywayz how can i make my rear window stop from doing that ? btw they also told me all my door lock motors/actuators were bad so they put some aftermarket LOUD @ss ones, is it possible for all 4 of them to go out ? please help?
Old 04-03-09, 04:11 PM
GrEgMT
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The windows go up if you hold Lock? I thought the alarm goes on...(still figuring stuff out)
Old 04-03-09, 04:15 PM
Infamous 1
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You have to reset the window regulator. I can't remember how, but if you search you will find a thread on it.
Old 04-03-09, 06:04 PM
AsGs300
Instructor

GregMT , what i meant by that was, the factory has a system that allows you to roll up all your window and close your sunroof simply by locking your car with the remote and holding it, or turning the key to lock position and holding it there for a few seconds, thats where my after market alarm triggers it i guess , But im gonna look for the regulator rest Thanks infamous
Old 04-03-09, 07:08 PM
GrEgMT
Driver School Candidate

Oh ok gotcha AsGs300
Old 04-03-09, 08:30 PM
Debonair
iModerate

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by AsGs300
GregMT , what i meant by that was, the factory has a system that allows you to roll up all your window and close your sunroof simply by locking your car with the remote and holding it, or turning the key to lock position and holding it there for a few seconds, thats where my after market alarm triggers it i guess , But im gonna look for the regulator rest Thanks infamous
I know you can roll the windows down and open the sun roof by holding the UNlock/Disarm button. I was not aware that you could roll them up too with the Lock/Arm button. I will have to try this.
Old 04-03-09, 08:47 PM
jcat_350
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Debonair
I know you can roll the windows down and open the sun roof by holding the UNlock/Disarm button. I was not aware that you could roll them up too with the Lock/Arm button. I will have to try this.
DO NOT DO THIS.

holding the lock button serves as a panic function, your alarm will start to go off.

The only way to simultaneously close all the windows and sunroof from outside the car is to insert the key into the lock and hold it in the 'lock' position.

Usually resetting window regulators requires holding the window switch in one position or the other. My passenger window does the same thing right now, i'm trying to figure out how to fix it.
Old 04-03-09, 09:59 PM
AsGs300
Instructor

yes! i agree do not do it with the remote only buy using the key on the door, ok but still mine rolls back down, i noticed that the rear window is not the oem one it has been replaced! is that why? should i buy an oem one or is there a quick fix
Old 04-03-09, 11:43 PM
TomLee
Lexus Champion

Ahh mycar just bugged out tonight too. Dont mean to hijack, but i click a button and it doenst respond until i click the window lock button.

Example, I press lock all doors, nothing happens, i then press the window lock and all doors lock. Haha wierd. i'm gonna take aprat my door in the morning to see whats up.
Old 04-04-09, 12:26 AM
Debonair
iModerate

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by jcat_GS3
DO NOT DO THIS.

holding the lock button serves as a panic function, your alarm will start to go off.

The only way to simultaneously close all the windows and sunroof from outside the car is to insert the key into the lock and hold it in the 'lock' position.

Usually resetting window regulators requires holding the window switch in one position or the other. My passenger window does the same thing right now, i'm trying to figure out how to fix it.
This is what i suspected. i was too lazy to go look at my keys earlier but I think it even says that on the remote. oh well, thanks for the heads up.
Old 04-07-09, 11:26 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by AsGs300
Originally Posted by Debonair
that would def be a negative asgs300....it DOESNT allow you to roll up the windows via the remote...only the key in the door lock which seems silly but i dunno maybe they had a reason for this
Old 04-07-09, 11:32 AM
cecilio1k
Driver School Candidate

Also happening here, I cant either open or close the window , I would have to hold the button to do either one.

99 gs300