GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Demon Eyes.....gave me Demon Eyes.

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-09 | 09:37 PM
TomLee
Lexus Champion

Default AAC sucks.

I haven't heard of anything bad to come from AAC Halos...so I ordered a pair of halos for my GS.

First they messed up my shipping. I ordered next day shipping last tuesday. Couldnt track my order so by Friday I calld them and they said they weren't sure what was going on. The guy I talked to said he elft a message for the person in charge of the billing and would get a call monday. Nothing on monday. I call tuesday and they didn't ship it till i called, also cahrged me still for next day shipping after i told them not to(shipped three day). Got here thursday, stoked and what not, come friday (today) I install and the Halos dont even fit in the housings (too small). They also didn;t include any of the epoxy in the package...

At least i got to painting the housings black and clearing the turn signals

4/13/09: I've been calling last week thursday/friday. i was told customer service was busy. I left name and number, they told me they would call back. NOTHING. I continually called back but customer service was still busy. Their products must really suck if customer service is always busy. Also this isnt the first time they said they would call back, same situation as above. It's past 7 days since I've received the items, so the rep told me I'm gonna be charged a 15% restocknig fee. Hopefully i wont since the inner's are defective since they are too small. Unless they think thats normal, refer to image below. I was charged for nextday shipping, since thats what i ordered. Product didnt get shipped till the next week, so i told them i didnt want next day. Next week they forget to ship monday. Forget on tuesday, until i called at like5eastern and the guy was like O yeah yeah it shipped right now. Shipped 3 day, which i didnt ask for. Finally today the lady told me she would refund the overnight, and waive the 3day. But we'll see. I've only been told my shipping would be refuned since the day i ordred.

Sorry about the typos. cant type correctly when I'm agitated.

I RECCOMEND STAYING AWAY FROM ORRACLE.

EDIT AGAIN:
I JUST TALKED TO THIS GIRL AND WAS TOLD I WOULD GET THE FULL SHIPPING REFUND. AND I GET THIS IN MY EMAIL:
"A credit/refund has been issued on the following order.

Sale: 4055539653
Amount: 36.00"

SERIOUSLY?? I JUUUUUUST TALKED TO YOU. Overnight was "S&H: $51.39"

Also, I just went to the website to check how much gorund shipping is, cause im assuming thats why i wasnt refunded the full $50. Ground is $12.17 to zip92673.
So even though its only a few dollars, im mad they cant even get the refund right. Man thats just icing on the f@$#@cken cake. it's liek they are trying to make me amd now.

Last edited by TomLee; 04-13-09 at 04:10 PM.
Old 04-03-09 | 10:55 PM
UncleRay
Lead Lap

That blows.... i'd call them and tell them to refund your order cuz you found someone else with a better price, and much better customer service.... then they'll listen haha
Old 04-03-09 | 11:08 PM
JoelGs
Lexus Test Driver

Funny i had the same issue with one of the company i've order a pair of shoes from. First they said they had it in stock and charged me 4 times higher then regular shipping fees. When I had complain they refund the charges and the worst part is that they then told me that they no longer had the products that I wanted..So I wrote them nasty feedback. So then they send me a different one and gave me a full refund. Sometime you have to be a bad guys just to get things done..
Old 04-03-09 | 11:33 PM
TomLee
Lexus Champion

Heres the gap on the high beam, I was going to install them anyways, thinking it was normal, but even in the picture manual the halos fit the whole enclosure.:

The Low beam one was OK, definitely not flush but close enough to make it work. I was just going to do the low beams but the epoxy's i bought on my own (since they didn't include any, even though their instructions and their videos talk about their own epoxy) wouldn't hold quick enough.

No Halos :
Old 04-03-09 | 11:35 PM
AYEmike
Lexus Champion

is your car repainted? looks very clean.
Old 04-04-09 | 08:46 AM
GSJake
Lexus Test Driver
CL Folding 200000

It does look clean and free of road chips.. nice!
Old 04-04-09 | 09:10 AM
augdogg
Lead Lap

Yo you need to call them IMO....site says OEM standards, and if they don't fit well? I would be livid!

Is this the link?
http://www.automotivelightstore.com/...PROD&ProdID=20
Old 04-04-09 | 09:18 AM
TomLee
Lexus Champion

Yeah that is the link. Its just frustrating taking apart everything and then finding out it doenst fit. It's not like the headlights are a easy take apart, at least fr me they werent.
Old 04-04-09 | 09:46 AM
augdogg
Lead Lap

You have attempted to contact them about your problem right? If so please let us know, i'm sure some would be greatful to not expierence your hardship.
Old 04-04-09 | 10:05 AM
TomLee
Lexus Champion

i will call them up first thing monday to see whats up.
Old 04-04-09 | 01:53 PM
sleeper408

I've read a few things about AAC regarding retros. Wow.... you painted your headlight housings already? That was fast! You just had a thread about them 1 week ago. Did you paint them yourself? Good Luck with resolving this fitment issue with AAC.

BTW: I think the black housing headlights look pretty sweet on your car.
Old 04-13-09 | 03:52 PM
TomLee
Lexus Champion

yeah i painted them myself. Just spray painted them with krylon. So did you hear good or bad things?

and thank you, they came out looking pretty good! Not gonna, lie i was pretty nervous.
Old 04-13-09 | 05:43 PM
sleeper408

Bad things mostly related to slight defects, flaws etc. which will happen with almost any company, but it's how you resolve issues quickly and honestly with a dissatisfied customer. I can't believe their customer service sucks this much. I guess you might just have to bite the bullet on this one. It seems that the rest of the refund entitled to you is not worth all this anger and frustration.
Old 04-13-09 | 09:43 PM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Had a halo from them that blew after 1 week , i have to pay for one then ship back the old one to get a credit but the shipping is on me.
I am still waiting on the invoice to pay it since thrusday from Dan.
I think Jen answers the phones after calling 5 times.
Still waiting to see how good or bad this experiance will be but it is starting to look like it is going down hill so far.
Old 04-13-09 | 10:28 PM
TomLee
Lexus Champion

I'm sorry to hear that =(
I hope it works out for you. Post back when you get things settled.

Quick Reply: Demon Eyes.....gave me Demon Eyes.