GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Front STB for 98+ GS300

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-02, 02:20 AM
CSHFLW
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Race cars use them because they want every advantage you can have....sure STB help....maybe 1-5% improvement......but the guys here who want these should be buying sway bars, coilovers, anything but STB for better handling....it's just rediculous to say that you have a great handling GS because of a STB up front.....please.....once agian...GS does not equal race car!
Old 03-13-02, 02:21 AM
CSHFLW
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by manaray
if they didn't offer much, they wouldn't put them on in order to save weight....
and yea, your right, STB are so heavy....you must not know much about handling, b1tch!
Old 03-13-02, 02:48 AM
biggie27
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and yea, your right, STB are so heavy....you must not know much about handling, b1tch!

CSHFLW- People on this forum are here to help other people with there questions and are NOT here to argue and start dissing each other, if you want to keep this attitude please move from this forum and go to a honda forum or somewhere where people dont take other's comments and advice into accountabelity. Manaray, GLobeCLK, Sasha, and a few others are well respected members of this forum, they are very knolegable people who know what there talking about and are here to help me, you, and others on this forum. We ( people at clublexus ) take pride for having the best and cleanest forum on the net and we would like to keep it this way, I'm sure when when Mkilty created this forum he did it to have Lexus Enthusiasts like himself enjoy and learn from each other, and not to come here just to argue and hold grudges at each other. If you feel that you have been wronged in any way then discuss it in a civilized manner prove to whomever wronged you that you are more knolegable with hard facts and data and NOT WITH PETY INSULTS....by the way this does not aply only to you but to every one in this forum. The best way to prove someone wrong is by hard facts and not by insults. This is what makes Clublexus a great place. Everybody on this forum is here to learn and to teach, not to argue and to preach. We present eachother with facts and Ideas, we warn eachother about whats good and whats bad, we help eachother to shape and creat our cars, we make freinds all over the world and try to not make enemy's. In the end we all look for the same goal........THE ENDLESS PERSUIT OF PERFECTION
Old 03-13-02, 05:16 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

CSHFLW - ah...what to do with you?

On a race car, EVERY OUNCE counts. What's not needed or not efficient is taken out. That's why they don't have fancy stereos in race cars... You ever feel the weight on a TRD STB?

Have you ever driven a stock GS w/a STB and w/o a STB? OBVIOUSLY NOT. Sure, it's not going to get your GS 1G on the skidpad, but if you think it's only 1-5% of your handling improvement, you've got something to learn.

If you just want it for looks, then why don't you make your own that fits over the engine cover? It's not like it needs to be structurally sound...you just want it for cosmetic purposes anyways...
Old 03-13-02, 09:07 AM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks biggie

aright guys enough arguing you making me cry!

Strut Bar helps car's suspension. Strut Bar Looks Good. Engine Cover Looks Good. C-ONE Strut Bar fits with engine cover. Why argue? Or Use The Stock Black Spacers with the Juran, Carbing, Ugo.. whatever just find a strut bar that is reasonably THIN. Then use the spacers you need..... for maximum performance increase you shouldn't use spacers but i think its a decent compromise dont you?
Old 03-13-02, 10:14 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by biggie27

CSHFLW- People on this forum are here to help other people with there questions and are NOT here to argue and start dissing each other, if you want to keep this attitude please move from this forum and go to a honda forum or somewhere where people dont take other's comments and advice into accountabelity. Manaray, GLobeCLK, Sasha, and a few others are well respected members of this forum, they are very knolegable people who know what there talking about and are here to help me, you, and others on this forum. We ( people at clublexus ) take pride for having the best and cleanest forum on the net and we would like to keep it this way, I'm sure when when Mkilty created this forum he did it to have Lexus Enthusiasts like himself enjoy and learn from each other, and not to come here just to argue and hold grudges at each other. If you feel that you have been wronged in any way then discuss it in a civilized manner prove to whomever wronged you that you are more knolegable with hard facts and data and NOT WITH PETY INSULTS....by the way this does not aply only to you but to every one in this forum. The best way to prove someone wrong is by hard facts and not by insults. This is what makes Clublexus a great place. Everybody on this forum is here to learn and to teach, not to argue and to preach. We present eachother with facts and Ideas, we warn eachother about whats good and whats bad, we help eachother to shape and creat our cars, we make freinds all over the world and try to not make enemy's. In the end we all look for the same goal........THE ENDLESS PERSUIT OF PERFECTION
Save this paragraph and post it whenever someone else gives some attitude again...... what a golden statement! [applause] [applause]
Old 03-13-02, 11:41 AM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

ray i agree!

p.s. ur new sig is frigging AWSOME!
Old 03-13-02, 12:00 PM
davezaristo
Lead Lap

Okay guys..I didn't think that my question would turn into an argument and I apologize for that. As far as seeing what fits with the engine cover on, the reason I've asked is some ppl here tend to have more connections and are the true enthusiast who would do whatever it takes to achieve the goal on what they want on their car. Therefore, I just wanted to know whether anyone has experience with that so I won't have to go thru the trial and error myself. Isn't that what this forum is all about? Helping each other out? Anyway, I am thinking about getting the TOM's since my parents are going back to HK and they can pick it up for me at half price compare to the pricing i get here in US. Btw, I picked up my TRD LCB and the TOM's rear stb total for less than $275. Anyway, thanks for all the info.
Old 03-13-02, 03:29 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by davezaristo
Okay guys..I didn't think that my question would turn into an argument and I apologize for that. As far as seeing what fits with the engine cover on, the reason I've asked is some ppl here tend to have more connections and are the true enthusiast who would do whatever it takes to achieve the goal on what they want on their car. Therefore, I just wanted to know whether anyone has experience with that so I won't have to go thru the trial and error myself. Isn't that what this forum is all about? Helping each other out? Anyway, I am thinking about getting the TOM's since my parents are going back to HK and they can pick it up for me at half price compare to the pricing i get here in US. Btw, I picked up my TRD LCB and the TOM's rear stb total for less than $275. Anyway, thanks for all the info.
I didn't expect the prices in HK to be 1/2. Usually if you get things in Taiwan or HK they're about the same price we get here. the only cheap place is in Japan.

I've checked the TRD STB price in Taiwan and HK and they're the same.
Old 03-13-02, 11:01 PM
davezaristo
Lead Lap

Well, a buddy of mine has a membership at TRD in HK which gives a 30% off the list price for TRD products and 20% off for Tom's. That's how it came out to be almost half price. Believe me, I have a receipt for proof. It's just a pain to bring it back here but imo is all worth it.
Old 03-15-02, 01:26 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi all,

I've been wanting to get an STB for awhile now. Since I have a GS300, I have put off the purchase since there have been discussions about fitment over an engine cover. I have not looked at my engine for awhile now so I just assumed that I had the same problem.

There was a recent thread talking about how GS300s got engine covers in 2000. Since I have a 98, I took a look and does not see anything that can be construed as an engine cover. Does this mean that I should not have any trouble with any of the STBs out there, e.g. Tom's, TRD, ...

Can any members who have 98 (or 99) GS300s with STBs confirm this?

Thanks.
Old 03-15-02, 05:41 AM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

yup the 98 and 99 have no engine cover but the valve cover has a little lexus "L" personally i like it more than the 2000+ models
Old 03-15-02, 02:42 PM
CSHFLW
Lexus Test Driver

NEO....pic of my engine cover...
Attached Thumbnails Front STB for 98+ GS300-dscn0151.jpg  
Old 03-15-02, 03:02 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

I would rather have a STB than the cover...... it's not a pretty cover anyways.

Selling mine for 50 bucks.
Old 03-16-02, 12:39 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nope. Don't see anything like that in my car. I guess an STB is in my future after all.

CSHFLW, thanks for the pic.

Quick Reply: Front STB for 98+ GS300