GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

down to the final two

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-09 | 10:50 AM
Str8 VIP
Pole Position

thanks for the advice the 2005 gS 430 saleman is acting like a a$$h**e, basically he want me to sign with their bank instead of my own credit union... im not sure what is the deal on this but we pretty much got into a pissing match because i want the bill of sales faxed over to my bank and he pretty much refused. the salesman with the 04 gs (95k) is pretty cool, i calls asking me how things going anything on his end he can do etc. he's even giving me a deal on shipping cost and also did a car fax on the GS and my trade in (03 accord). i really want the 05 but i don't want to deal with the dealership after going through that issue with the salesman. that is a great price for that year, i might just wait a little while longer to pay down the amount on my accord or try to sell it myself. i guess by then something else might pop up or they may even lower the cost of the car. but im pissed how i was treated by that salesman!!!!
Old 04-09-09 | 12:26 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Str8 VIP
thanks for the advice the 2005 gS 430 saleman is acting like a a$$h**e, basically he want me to sign with their bank instead of my own credit union... im not sure what is the deal on this but we pretty much got into a pissing match because i want the bill of sales faxed over to my bank and he pretty much refused. the salesman with the 04 gs (95k) is pretty cool, i calls asking me how things going anything on his end he can do etc. he's even giving me a deal on shipping cost and also did a car fax on the GS and my trade in (03 accord). i really want the 05 but i don't want to deal with the dealership after going through that issue with the salesman. that is a great price for that year, i might just wait a little while longer to pay down the amount on my accord or try to sell it myself. i guess by then something else might pop up or they may even lower the cost of the car. but im pissed how i was treated by that salesman!!!!
just ask for a different salesman or get his boss. i financed mine through my credit union...im getting 3.2% hahaha
Old 04-09-09 | 01:19 PM
jayr0422
Driver

He wants you to use their financing so they can make more money. Just say NO... Not that hard. And also, get your own carfax for the cars. I have heard stories of dealerships giving a FAKE carfax report to customers. I would vote for the one with less miles and since you are giving them a check paying it in full I would talk them down on the price.
Old 04-09-09 | 01:45 PM
broken_tsi
Lead Lap

That Hyundai dealership put 5k miles on the car.
Old 04-09-09 | 02:21 PM
GSJake
Lexus Test Driver
CL Folding 200000

And don't think for a second that a Car Fax is the end all to a clean car. Some states are non-reporting states and even if your state is, a cash transaction at a body shop is never reported. Just make sure you go through the car, not only the mechanical but the body. If you don't know much about cars then a good reputable mechanic/body shop is worth it. I know that the clean 2nd gen's are becoming rare.. but be patient.
Old 04-10-09 | 06:53 PM
Str8 VIP
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GSJake
And don't think for a second that a Car Fax is the end all to a clean car. Some states are non-reporting states and even if your state is, a cash transaction at a body shop is never reported. Just make sure you go through the car, not only the mechanical but the body. If you don't know much about cars then a good reputable mechanic/body shop is worth it. I know that the clean 2nd gen's are becoming rare.. but be patient.
yeah i might take your advice and be patient about the car, the right one will come around for the right price. but on time of the whole ordeal the salesman only offered me $4500 for my car when i still owe $8500 on it, i check kelly blue book and it's going for $6700 on the trade in vaule. thanks to the memeber who cleared that question up for me, i knew they get something for making you take their finance instead of your own. the salesman was pushing way to hard for it and it seems he was trying to sell me their bank loan instead of the car i knew something was odd. i guess once i pay the car down a lil bit i can be cool with a 6700 trade in value.
Old 04-10-09 | 08:51 PM
ChitwnGS
Driver School Candidate

Good luck with your purchase and be patient. I will say one thing about the 05' GS at Grossinger, RUN! I looked at this car in Jan as it's only 15 min from my house. The pics make the car look much nicer than it really is. It has some bumper rash, an aftermarket camera drilled through the middle of the rear bumper and the best thing is the Gang Symbol that was painted on the bottom side of the arm rest! This car has been for sale by this dealer for a long time. $16,900 is a great price for an '05 GS430 with those miles and believe me, it's too good to be true! I think Maybe GSJAKE looked at this car as well..... Oh and I told GSJake the same thing, not all states are required to report accidents to Carfax. Still have the car inspected unless you are a professional body guy.
Good Luck!
Old 04-13-09 | 09:21 PM
Str8 VIP
Pole Position

first and for most thanks Chitwn Gs for actually sharing your views on the car. As you can see im from Pa/Nj so going way out there to see all of that on that 05' Gs, i would be pretty pissed off!!! the exterior i wouldn't mind so much because i was looking to get a bodykit ASAP, but the painted gang symbol oooooo hell no!!! sound like it was some kid car who really didn't give a ****** bout the car. o yea by the way GSJake did you check the car out too??? the Gs ( 04 95k) looks to be very clean as well but the mileage is so high i mean 95k for an 04?? kinda out there. it's funny how the memebers said to wait it out lol look what i came across last nite

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e&rdpage=thumb

now if this GS isn't the cleanest 03 you've seen then i don't know what is!! only thing im just stuck on that i wasn't prepared to spend 20k or more (due to my trade in) for a car. i kno i kno it's a lexus but then again i dont want my payments to be outt

but who knows i might get a better salesman who is willing to work a better deal with me. i will give them a call and see what they say
Old 04-14-09 | 06:42 AM
wowitztai
Lexus Champion

DONT DO IT!!! get a older year GS like a 98-00 cause your going to mod it anyways so why spend lots of money on a car ? i made the mistake buying a 2004 gs300 now its WORTH ****!
Old 04-14-09 | 11:31 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Str8 VIP
first and for most thanks Chitwn Gs for actually sharing your views on the car. As you can see im from Pa/Nj so going way out there to see all of that on that 05' Gs, i would be pretty pissed off!!! the exterior i wouldn't mind so much because i was looking to get a bodykit ASAP, but the painted gang symbol oooooo hell no!!! sound like it was some kid car who really didn't give a ****** bout the car. o yea by the way GSJake did you check the car out too??? the Gs ( 04 95k) looks to be very clean as well but the mileage is so high i mean 95k for an 04?? kinda out there. it's funny how the memebers said to wait it out lol look what i came across last nite

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e&rdpage=thumb

now if this GS isn't the cleanest 03 you've seen then i don't know what is!! only thing im just stuck on that i wasn't prepared to spend 20k or more (due to my trade in) for a car. i kno i kno it's a lexus but then again i dont want my payments to be outt

but who knows i might get a better salesman who is willing to work a better deal with me. i will give them a call and see what they say
do it....its black on black WITH nav....do it sir do it...do u see the LOW LOW mileage
Old 04-14-09 | 04:45 PM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sakataj
get the 05 if both vins come back good....btw who trades in their Lexus for a Hyundai?
Probably got it from a dealer auction to boost their used car sales. Or could be someone couldn't afford the payments, especially with this economy. But I'd definitely go for the '05!!!
Old 04-14-09 | 06:42 PM
GSJake
Lexus Test Driver
CL Folding 200000

I didn't look at that one.. I believe chiteings turned me off on it before I made the trip. I looked at another one in the Chicago area, funny thing..same gang graffiti under the armrest written in the plush with a sharpie.. nice! But no rear view camera.

Anyway the one in your link looks clean and its black on black with nav.. a sweet combo.. very high maintenance.. but looks like a million bucks when you wash\wax it and see it just gleaming!!!
Old 04-14-09 | 07:41 PM
Str8 VIP
Pole Position

yeah i think i might give them a call tomorrow, see if i can work a deal. actually i called today just to get general information bout the car and transporting cost. i didn't try to negotiate just yet, just exchange number with the salesman and parted ways. maybe tomorrow or if not let a few weeks go by see what happens with the price to try and work a deal. now i have a question, i check kelly blue book for my 03 honda accord trade in value, they quoted me 6700. then i check black book for my trade in value and they quoted me 7750 just for good condition opposed to excellent condition (KBB.com). so which one is accurate?? i guess it's up to the dealership to work around my trade vaule but i just don't want to go up there blind because thats a far trip just for things not to work. i hate working things out over the phone cause the first thing they say is " come in im here all day" then i tell them im like 5 states away and u get the face. this car is perfect, have every option and even have the chrome lexus rims. should i jump on this or wait and see if the price drop down.