GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Rear Spoilers

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-02, 06:57 PM
R.U. IN AW?
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Rear Spoilers

Hey CL members I'm in need of your opinion? The Veilside rear wing spoilers for the GS3/4 are for sale at www.spoilers.com for $286.00. I would assume that this is a knock off. Has anyone ever ordered anything from these guys? What's the quality and is it worth buying? Thanks for your advice.
Old 03-13-02, 08:23 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's VEILSIDE LOOK spoiler. Erebuni sells nothing but knock-offs. I've heard too much bad things about them. kits don't fit right, spoilers don't mount right, etc. etc.

Don't buy from them. The work KNOCK-OFF is already self-explanatory.

What's worse is, buying knock-off and pretend that it's real.
Old 03-13-02, 08:55 PM
Mariusz
Lead Lap

Don't buy from them. The work KNOCK-OFF is already self-explanatory.

What's worse is, buying knock-off and pretend that it's real.

Amen.
Old 08-20-02, 12:40 AM
sxylxy
Lead Lap

Has anybody bought anything from them and can say it's crap? Because knock-off or not, 1000 for an entire kit sounds good to me, and i hear that even vielside and other expensive kits require shaving and adjustments.
Old 08-20-02, 12:53 AM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by sxylxy
Has anybody bought anything from them and can say it's crap? Because knock-off or not, 1000 for an entire kit sounds good to me, and i hear that even vielside and other expensive kits require shaving and adjustments.
Erebuni = Crap Crap Crap

friend bought a bodykit for his celica and it fitted like ***** everything was all messt up... and had to do about 500$ in mods to just get the kit on... so might as well put that 500$ to the 1000$ and get a good kit.. When i Got my Kit it fitted perfect Xcept the front.. (mayb because when they were putting the front kit on.. they were also reparing the front left hand side becuase of the wreck i got into..)

But yea Erebuni = crap

Oh and did i mention that my friend with the celica had to take his reinforcement Bars out.. because the Erebuni kit didnt fit with it on.... yea well now his risk of dieing in an accident has gone up !! big time i suppose...... cars kit looks so ****ty even after all the work done to the kit.. that he just leaves his car @ home and drives his rav4... wut an embaressment and a waste of money.

Last edited by CamRen; 08-22-02 at 01:16 AM.
Old 08-20-02, 09:57 AM
MikeGS4PE
Lexus Test Driver

CamRen - Why doesn't he put his stock parts back on?
Old 08-22-02, 01:14 AM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by MikeGS4PE
CamRen - Why doesn't he put his stock parts back on?
i don know.. his car is a convertible.. and his sterio has been stolen like twice... i think hes just sick of the car and tired of putting up with it... its just parked under a coverd parking spot by his townhome.
Old 08-24-02, 02:10 AM
KayGee
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

IMHO: The GS looks so much better without the factory spoiler (naked booty). There is something about a wing on a 4 door car that doesn't look quite right to me. But whenever I am around my other CL brothers who all have them, I start thinking that I need one too. Damn peer pressure is gonna bankrupt me.
Old 08-24-02, 01:17 PM
Murph
Pole Position

I know what you mean. I bought a silver stock spoiler from Badbitz here in Boston. I was going to have it painted black. I even bought all the black mounting parts and printed out the procedure for the trunk adjustment. However, it's still sitting in my garage. I'm still debating to do or not to do... It's nice to have choices

Murph
Old 08-25-02, 01:24 AM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i also thought a spoiler on a GS would look funny, since the 5 and E don't have them. comparables, you know? but i had it installed and i think it makes a world of difference. so much better.

i need the WIN spoiler one day though. that long lip spoiler is just beautiful, understated a bit, and rare.
Old 08-25-02, 04:30 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by bravo261
i also thought a spoiler on a GS would look funny, since the 5 and E don't have them. comparables, you know? but i had it installed and i think it makes a world of difference. so much better.
after seeing E-class with Lorinser wing and 5-series with a Hamann wing, wow, they all look great with wings
Old 08-25-02, 04:42 AM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by GlobeCLK

after seeing E-class with Lorinser wing and 5-series with a Hamann wing, wow, they all look great with wings
exactly! those guys are all lip spoilers, and that is what i need now. though the Win is a big one compared to those ones
Old 08-25-02, 07:28 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Murph
I know what you mean. I bought a silver stock spoiler from Badbitz here in Boston. I was going to have it painted black. I even bought all the black mounting parts and printed out the procedure for the trunk adjustment. However, it's still sitting in my garage. I'm still debating to do or not to do... It's nice to have choices

Murph
Man you guys are missing out big time...

The spoiler just gave my car the perfect look .....

i thought the same as you guys before.. i had the spoiler sitting @ home for almost 6 months... then i was like "man its sitting here forever, either sell it or put it on" i went along with putting it on after i saw KEV's car.. he had a winkit with stock spoiler and it looked great! so put it on and DAMMMM it looked Great! Thanks to all the CL members that told me to put the stock wing on! It loks awsome!
Attached Thumbnails Rear Spoilers-good-car.jpg  
Old 08-26-02, 05:45 PM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by CamRen

Man you guys are missing out big time...

The spoiler just gave my car the perfect look .....

i thought the same as you guys before.. i had the spoiler sitting @ home for almost 6 months... then i was like "man its sitting here forever, either sell it or put it on" i went along with putting it on after i saw KEV's car.. he had a winkit with stock spoiler and it looked great! so put it on and DAMMMM it looked Great! Thanks to all the CL members that told me to put the stock wing on! It loks awsome!
why not the matching win spoiler? that is just friggin awesome
Old 08-27-02, 12:24 AM
MRGS400nSoCali
Lead Lap

Default THE REAL DEAL VEILSIDE WING

I don't know about any imitation body kits and wings, but the REAL Veilside kit fit like a glove, including the wing. My bodyshop guy said that my kit was one of the better quality and fit kits he's ever had the pleasure of painting and installing. Here's a picture of the rear of my car:
Attached Thumbnails Rear Spoilers-rear-end1.jpg  

Quick Reply: Rear Spoilers