GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Therapy - Embarassing Moments With Your 2GS

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-09, 02:13 AM
burma
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just happened to me the other day. I was reverse parking in a carpark and there was a wall so to be cautious i got out of the car to see how much space i had left. I still had about 1.5meters so i got back in and reversed some more and i still managed to hit the wall going about 5kms/hr Lolll
i probably wouldn't have hit the wall if i didnt get out to check how much space i had. haha
luckly only an old lady saw me, my paint was perfectly fine which is ironic cause it cracks easily with rock chips but can withstand a 5km/hr wall hit.
Old 04-19-09, 11:47 PM
[ant]
Lexus Test Driver

i feel slightly embarrassed every Friday cause myself and the rest of the marketing team all go for lunch together and theres 5 of us, and i always have to come up with excuses why we cant go in the Lexus even though its 5 seater. i gave up and just tell them the truth now - too low, cant get in anywhere especially with a full load of passengers haha

embarassing moment with my old S13, had a few nothing major..

1. just had it back from paint and lowered it with new wheels, had about 2" clearance and went to the petrol station, never had an issue with it there before. I come to the turn in and theres a lot of traffic, but all the people just stop for me cause my car is pretty damn mean looking, all these guys looking etc. So i casually palm the wheel and cruise in, just lunched the brand new front bar onto the ground! didnt crack but scraped off a bunch of paint!

2. Just got the car on the road with new spacers, and was driving it round thinking how awesome it was with everyone looking at me and the wheels etc. Then like 2 weeks later a guy from work waves me down and says that my rear wheels are buckled. took them off and realised the stock studs were sticking through the spacers and not allowing the wheels to mount flush so the wheels were on an angle and wobbling like bananas as i was driving thats why everyone was looking!

3. took the s13 to Motorvation (big car show) the other year, just fitted new spacers and had it all buttoned up the morning before. drove there and heard some clicking noises as i pulled up, realised my wheel nuts were loose. tightened them up then went on the cruise, did a small burnout, and really loud clicking. turned out all the studs on my spacers had bent and the wheel nuts kept coming loose, so i couldnt drive the car all weekend after that.

4. I kept the car at my dad's workshop and when i get the new wheels on and lowered it more it had like 40mm clearance. My dad's workshop has a roller door and a little metal latch about 15mm tall to bolt it to, then a little dip onto the road. So i was reversing out and my exhaust flange scraped and then got stuck in the latch. so i had to call my g/f to come after work & wait 30min for her so she could see saw the car so i could just drop the clutch and get it off the latch.

5. When i was selling the S13, these people came to test drive it etc. On the way out of the driveway at my old mans workshop i scraped the otehr side of the front bar cause i was too busy talking to the potential buyer in the passenger seat. Then i took his mum for a spin and she said to give it a bit so i boosted 2nd and went to go into 3rd and missed the gear, smashed the rev limiter, then the car started misfiring. lol

Last edited by [ant]; 04-19-09 at 11:56 PM.
Old 04-20-09, 07:47 AM
Rippaflow
Lead Lap

Civic hatch was revving at me at the light and I punched it, the car went sideways, came back and it took me til 60 to pass him!
Old 04-20-09, 08:08 AM
Quick VR-4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a Mercury Tracer for commuting purposes (2 hour drive daily) and had become so used to yanking up on my emergency brake when seeing a cop with other cars. This prevents the nose from diving and you also do not light your brake-lights up. Of course, I had never driven such a light little POS before. Came over a hill and saw a State Trooper so I yank on the e-brake handle as usual. The cars rear wheels lock up, starts fishtailing violently, so much so that I could not release the brake, and went from 75 to 20 in matter of seconds. I finally regain control and casually drive by waiting for him to pull out. Turns out there had been a school shooting that morning so he was looking for the shooter so he did not even pull out to come after me. I have never felt like such an idiot in my life
Old 04-20-09, 08:31 AM
TomLee
Lexus Champion

haha good stuff, dont you all feel better now, getting this off your chests?
Old 04-20-09, 08:51 AM
beez43
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

waxed the entire car and remembered dukes of hazard and knight rider.. tried to slide my butt on the hood and it made a little dent.. still there until the car caught on fire 2 months ago...

i put in a mod with a 10 mm socket on an extension.. was excited and yelled yes!! at the same time i flicked the extension and the socket flew off straight at the door.. chipped paint right below the handle...
Old 04-20-09, 10:10 AM
Billh2
Pole Position

I have lived in a rural road for a lot of years. The road is raised about 4 feet higher than the fields on each side. When I installed my mail box, I set it up so it was about 30 feet west of my driveway entrance. This way, I could check the mail and get the newspaper without having to back up every time I pulled out of my driveway. This worked great for years.

The county did a major road improvement that involved removing my mail box for a couple of weeks. When they finally put it back up, they put it perfectly on center with the driveway. I figured I would move it in the spring. One night, after getting the mail, I put my car in gear and did what I have done for years, crank the wheel to the left and pull into the driveway. Only problem was, this time there was no driveway there! I was about 12 feet east of the entrance. I realized it at the last instant, but before I could stop, my front wheels dropped into the drainage ditch so the car was stuck. Luckily, traffic was light on that road but I know a few of my neighbors got a good laugh at my expense. I called a wrecker, the driver of which wasn’t the sharpest knife in the drawer, he wanted to drag the car out sideways. Wrong. I made him drive into the field across the road, stretch a cable across the road and pull the car straight out. He grumbled, but complied.

That little mistake cost me about $600.00; New bumper cover with paint and the appropriate amount of ridicule from my neighbors and insurance agent. (I didn’t want my rates to go up so I just paid it myself).

I reaised sufficent hell with the county, the put the ***********g mail box back where it belonged.

Last edited by Billh2; 04-20-09 at 10:29 AM.
Old 04-20-09, 10:31 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

my embarrassing moment....

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ast-night.html
Old 04-20-09, 01:10 PM
3UZFTE
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had a few, but the first one I will shall is when I was driving to my girlfriends work to pick her up, I was ripping on my friend about how big of a peice his 87' Mazda was. Needless to say, on the way back home from the ride, my battery light goes on, my GS ends up dying in the middle of an intersection about 30 minutes from home. I had to push the car (embarassing) to the side of the road. It is because of these incidents I carry an emergency pack, ended up getting a jump start and wiggling the battery cables, and it has never happened again. More stories to come, gotta run. I liked the one about the girl looking at the car and the ball joint snapping, as well as the emergency brake story, I hadn't laughed that hard in a while...
Old 04-20-09, 09:13 PM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Quick VR-4
I had a Mercury Tracer for commuting purposes (2 hour drive daily) and had become so used to yanking up on my emergency brake when seeing a cop with other cars. This prevents the nose from diving and you also do not light your brake-lights up. Of course, I had never driven such a light little POS before. Came over a hill and saw a State Trooper so I yank on the e-brake handle as usual. The cars rear wheels lock up, starts fishtailing violently, so much so that I could not release the brake, and went from 75 to 20 in matter of seconds. I finally regain control and casually drive by waiting for him to pull out. Turns out there had been a school shooting that morning so he was looking for the shooter so he did not even pull out to come after me. I have never felt like such an idiot in my life
Wait, where you in the mercury? That story was funny as hell. Keep em' coming guys
Old 04-20-09, 09:33 PM
Anthony
Lexus Champion

lol funny any more quick VR-4
Old 04-20-09, 09:47 PM
Rippaflow
Lead Lap

oh forgot to mention, i was on my way to hot import nights last year and the unupdated gps maps took me to an address that wasn't the right one lol but in the same town...I ended up doing a U turn and decided I was gonna smoke the tires up and almost went into a curb after almost blowing a complete donut. i turned the wheel and just took off lol. my friends sitting there like wtf lol still brings it up to this day
Old 04-21-09, 03:03 PM
AsGs300
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well not my embarasing moments , But almost everytime my girl takes my car i get the call..."call a tow truck".. the worst one was when the ball Joints snapped on her ,
there's other times when she calls me, telling me "it wont start," soon as i getin it she starts right up!...starting to think my Lexo is jealous of my girl

here is the picture of the tow truck driver trying to slide her out ! yes i said Slide, well you know the Wheel could not turn due to broken ball joint .. so you guys out there who havent yet replaced your lower ball joints ...DO IT !
Attached Thumbnails Therapy - Embarassing Moments With Your 2GS-lexo-1.png  

Last edited by AsGs300; 04-22-09 at 08:06 AM.
Old 04-21-09, 03:07 PM
TomLee
Lexus Champion

is that a gigantic crack!??!??!?!
Old 04-21-09, 04:58 PM
ExileLakai
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sam430
Right after I wrote my piece above, I stepped out to get something to eat. Well, I spilled the 5 quarts motor oil in my trunk. The drive way had a trail of oil leaking from the side of my car. The motor oil was emptied completely, the whole 5.

I wonder how long my oil trail was. My tail light/brake light went out on the driver side too today.

damn thats karma!!!! sorry about your luck. I hope i never spill oil in my car. I know that was a pain to clean up.

Quick Reply: Therapy - Embarassing Moments With Your 2GS