GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Therapy - Embarassing Moments With Your 2GS

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-09, 10:59 AM
TomLee
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Therapy - Embarassing Moments With Your 2GS

Just thought it would be funny/interesting/relieving to share some incidents regarding your GS.

Here's your chance to share that moment, to get it off your chest, have a good laugh, and to warn other members of your mistakes.

Well my first car was a 2005 Gs300. (I got it because it was a company car under my mom, and she had a employee quit so she had an extra car right around the time I started driving). BIG mistake on her part haha

Well I drove it around for a while, I wasn't into cars really. I didn't think I was driving a nice car, or even cared if it was or not, but eventually the modding bug hit. Of course I didn't have money to do much so I did simple things, like lighting and audio.

And the horror begins....

Well I wanted a green lit interior so i decided to put in green LEDS. Well....I didn't know you could buy bulbs and simply replace them. So what I did was pretty much cut off the wires from every socket and hardwired/soldered the LEDS Trust me...the the soldering wasnt pretty either

DURING THAT PROCESS...I completely fried the passenger door ecu because I had cut the positive wire to the door light socket and it hit the door panel (ground) and it literally fried the ecu, preventing it from ever recognizing that it would close, leaving the footwell lights constantly on.
After the battery dying multiple, due to the lights being on 24/7, I finally managed to find a replacement and fix the problem.

NEXT...

Installing Subs/Amp....I was new to this whole "remote" wire thing. I read that you could tap into a fuse....Well I didn't you could buy actual Fuse Taps that are made specific for this. So I just wrapped a 16/18G wire(dont remember) along the fuse blade and shoved it in. 10 seconds later.......SMOOOOOOOOKEEEE coming out of the GS. The wire completely melted. There was a burn mark on the body all the way from the fuse box to the trunnk

At least my car didnt catch on fire

Recently in my GS i got some pretty good curb rash, that sucked. I also got stuck on a driveway...i believe the front coilovers compressed and i was sitting on my exhaust haha, I couldnt move, but at least i managed to roll back

Non GS incident...

I was taking out some rca cables out of my ford ranger. It was in N, and the Ebrake was pressed, but when i pulled the cable it caught on the release. (driving stick i always had a bad habit of never putting in gear after parking). So the ebrake released, i was on a inclined driveway,car roll back, the door was opened, and there was a palm tree, and well....the door hit the tree and the tree fought back and won, the door bent 180*

I managed to jump in before the truck hit the tree, but i only had one foot in the truck and its lifted so i couldn't get a good footing on the brakes (brakes were locked too).

At least a car wasnt driving down the street when my car rolled back

See...its all about the postives people!

Post some stories...i dont want to be the only idiot in here
Old 04-18-09, 12:04 PM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Something real stupid I did a rainy day when I had just got my car......
I was at a gas station pumping gas and I see a group of guys checking the lex out. I exit and I make a U-turn. I push the gas pedal pretty hard and lost traction. A tire ended up popping and I end up in somebodys front yard.. That was so embarrassing and stupid. Anyways I end up changing my tire infront of everyone. Hey I was only 19 at the time with my first car. But go on, flame on
Old 04-18-09, 12:35 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by EN_VY
Something real stupid I did a rainy day when I had just got my car......
I was at a gas station pumping gas and I see a group of guys checking the lex out. I exit and I make a U-turn. I push the gas pedal pretty hard and lost traction. A tire ended up popping and I end up in somebodys front yard.. That was so embarrassing and stupid. Anyways I end up changing my tire infront of everyone. Hey I was only 19 at the time with my first car. But go on, flame on
haha its like someones driving but trying to check out a nice car... n then almost crashing afterwards! but then again.. you crashed.. sorta =D

hehe
Old 04-18-09, 05:12 PM
UpstateLex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

where are your pics at tomlee car looks clean in your sig
Old 04-18-09, 05:43 PM
SorrGwa
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

hmmm...

the GS is my 2nd rwd car that i have ever owned.

i was making a right turn, came to a dead stop, signalled, and figured i could squeeze in a right turn after the car passed. stepped on the gas pedal, car drifts out, all the while there is a cop sitting there at the corner looking at me. he made a U turn, to pull me over. no ticket, but told him i just got the car and its rwd, i was use to driving fwd.

not so embarassing, but annoyed. ordered a new tension pulley. went to change it, everything was going smooth, removed the serp belt, and went to unscrew the bolt that holds the tensioner pulley in place. as the bolt came out, so did the threads. so a $15 dollar replacement pulley became a $200 new tensioner arm, all due to the threads being gone...
Old 04-18-09, 06:25 PM
Sash1mi
Lexus Champion

my embarassing moment was last week on friday I parked outside the streets of my in-laws house to get some mail after work, then as I was leaving I underestimated a driveway for me to go through and U-Turn out I went for it anyways without a clue of the badside and scccrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttt my rear driver side wheel just tucked up the wheel well and got locked from the frame and bumper and I just see-sawed the driveway while the passenger side is just spinning itself

I couldnt budge the car or nothing and had to call my brother and friend over to push me back down the driveway lol

Dara
Old 04-18-09, 06:32 PM
fordsvtmfl
Lexus Test Driver

more sad than embarrassing...but about a year and a half ago it was really really rainy out and I was picking up some pizza with my soon to be brother in law and hit the median doing about 35 in a left turn through the intersection.....and broke my k40 receiver....
Old 04-18-09, 06:36 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I never had an embarassing moment.
Old 04-18-09, 06:56 PM
quyzie
Rookie

An embarrassing moment was when i was driving around my neighborhood trying to get to the 7 eleven. i was at a stop sign when a cute girl walks by checking me and my car out. when i tried to make a left turn, my ball joint snapped so i was stuck in the middle of the road in my neighborhood.
Old 04-18-09, 08:06 PM
ElitistK
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by quyzie
An embarrassing moment was when i was driving around my neighborhood trying to get to the 7 eleven. i was at a stop sign when a cute girl walks by checking me and my car out. when i tried to make a left turn, my ball joint snapped so i was stuck in the middle of the road in my neighborhood.
best story so far

mine was when a vette tried to race me, my wastegate stuck open.

instant 0 psi.
Old 04-18-09, 09:30 PM
Solo_D33A
Lexus Champion

After a car wash, scraped on the exit bad, and the door of the exit is closing any moment.. I think... ripped out of the place.

reverse down a driveway sideways, the right front fender un-rolled itself......

got stuck in iced snow, hunged up, can't even be pushed, but just left it in reverse gear as it's was a uphill... and about a minute later, huge tire squeal as if I'm doing a burn out... then it jumped backwards and continued on as I saw a neighbor was coming out with a shovel just as I'm starting my tire squeal... thank god for my Blizzaks to dig myself out.

under steer into a snow bank, can't reverse out, my friend went out of the car, sat in the rear seats, then I got out. lol

did a 180 (on the spot turn) in a mall in the snow to get a spot I saw that's open... while a mid age man looked at us after I did the 180 in a Lexus sedan with his mouth and eyes wide open in awe. lol
Old 04-18-09, 09:53 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by ElitistK
best story so far [IMG]
mine was when a vette tried to race me, my wastegate stuck open.
instant 0 psi.
It's those damn ebay wastegates

My worst was when I spun out the car at 80mph. Shifted into 3rd gear like a mo fo and the rear end stepped out from behind me.
Old 04-18-09, 10:56 PM
mtparker18
Lead Lap

A dog ran out infront of me at the last minute, jacked up my vertex bumper... only like 2 weeks ago 10lb dog, $1080.80 worth of damage
Old 04-18-09, 10:57 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Right after I wrote my piece above, I stepped out to get something to eat. Well, I spilled the 5 quarts motor oil in my trunk. The drive way had a trail of oil leaking from the side of my car. The motor oil was emptied completely, the whole 5.

I wonder how long my oil trail was. My tail light/brake light went out on the driver side too today.
Old 04-18-09, 11:01 PM
GrEgMT
Driver School Candidate

Default Strip Club Story

So I got remote start on my car on a Friday. My buddy and his girlfriend and some other girl wanted to go to the strip club the next day on Saturday night. I had never been (and will never go again, it sucks) so I went. So I drove the 4 of us to the club. When we get there the girls know one of the strippers and it turned out she needed a ride home. So I gave her a ride. It was 2 am and everyone is leaving. I am walking away with my buddy and 3 girls and they are complimenting my car. So I decide to show off and remote start my car in front of everyone all the strippers and guests who were leaving. It tries to start and then dies down and shuts off. Oh man was I embarrassed. True story haha.

Quick Reply: Therapy - Embarassing Moments With Your 2GS