GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Damn near killed MY self yesterday W/my GS... GS back in bodyshop now :<(

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-02, 11:34 AM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Damn near killed MY self yesterday W/my GS... GS back in bodyshop now :<(

Ok guys you wouldnt belive it...

But i got my car back from the bodyshop on thursday..

and the steering felt kinda weird so i went back to the lexus bodyshop and told them.. they said its nothing...

Well all day yesterday.. the sterring got worse and worse... i was going about 80mph on the highway.. and every bump the car goes over.. it sharply tuns it self either to the left or right...

So i finally get to my church scared shiitless..... and right when im about to park... the front left side of the car BANG DROPS TO THE GROUND!!!!!

i got out .. and saw the whole control arm hanging sitting on the ground.. my whole front left sitting on my tire... looked like airride for a secound.. whole wheel was in the fender... on slanted outwards...

Here is the Worse part... Tow Truck Came.. and Towed my car... Front and the Side of the bodykit... in different places cracked .... barly though... im surprised the bodykit holded that much presure... i was told by the tow truck driver.. usally the whole bodykit just ripps apart...

Im so thankfull i went to church yesterday!.... and im glat it happend there... cause all the workers there helped me out till 12 @ night.... thank god.. if i was on the highway and this woulda happend.. i would be dead.... definetly..... Mayb i should goto church more often ... :eek:

Gonna see what the bodyshop has to say about this monday morning... im so pisst @ them.... they almost got me killed.
Old 03-17-02, 11:44 AM
01VaporBlueRX
Pole Position

Damn that sucks glad you werent driving when that happpened. good luck with the body shop.
-Paul
Old 03-17-02, 12:07 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,418 Likes on 1,584 Posts

CamRen - really sorry to hear about your troubles... just glad you're ok. Just a thought, but it's helpful to WRITE DOWN all that's happened to you and your car. Even take your posts off ClubLexus and just compile them together. Whether you use it just to convince the body shop of what they need to do to make everything right before you sue them or if you need it later on, it's even helpful just to help clear your head of everything that has happened.

Anyway, good luck with everything man...
Old 03-17-02, 12:28 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i would sue for repairs as well as money for endangering your life.
Old 03-17-02, 12:52 PM
GS400_PUSHER
Lexus Champion

Yeah I would have a couple of things to say to the bodyshop.
Old 03-17-02, 01:01 PM
blue wax
Lead Lap

CAMREN !!!!!!!!

I TOLD YOU !!!!!!!

in an earlier>>>>>>>>> post that there was something bend......
so now it broke !!!!!!!

geez.. feel sorry 4 ya

be happy not to end up like this
Attached Thumbnails Damn near killed MY self yesterday W/my GS... GS back in bodyshop now :&lt;(-fdde4b58.jpg  
Old 03-17-02, 01:02 PM
blue wax
Lead Lap

geez
the poor guys

please be careful !!!!!!! everyone !!
Attached Thumbnails Damn near killed MY self yesterday W/my GS... GS back in bodyshop now :&lt;(-fdde4b5e.jpg  
Old 03-17-02, 01:36 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

Ouch.

Yeah i guess i was pretty lucky...

even on friday.. i told my friends.. i dont want any one comming with me ... driving anywhere.. because i wasnt too sure about my cars streeing..... and didnt wanna risk any thing....
Old 03-17-02, 01:49 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about your car but I am glad you are OK!!
That body shop should be closed!!!
Old 03-17-02, 01:54 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

yea.. tell me about...

And its the only "ParkPlace lexus Bodywerks" in dallas...

official ParkPlace Lexus bodyshop....... my A$$......
Old 03-17-02, 02:04 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by CamRen
yea.. tell me about...

And its the only "ParkPlace lexus Bodywerks" in dallas...

official ParkPlace Lexus bodyshop....... my A$$......
Better sue them for all they are worth then!!
Old 03-17-02, 02:32 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

Can i really Sue them??

Should i really sue them??

even if they agree to pay for allt he repairs??

What would be a Reasonable cause/excuse to sue them for...??.. endangering my life??... would i get any $$ for that??... Help me out guys..

If so i can contact my Lawyer tommrow afternoon......

I dont know if i should sue or not..... becuase mayb there not a good enough reason to because im not hurt or anything.. but they did endanger my life i could be dead right now....

So should i contact the bodyshop tommrow .... and hear them say " ok we will cover the cost for all repairs..." and get it done with.... or call my lawyer first and see what he says .... ??

you know suing is a long process... and i would be without a car for a while... long while... and cant buy a new car.. until i get the money from the bodyshop....
Old 03-17-02, 02:50 PM
mooretorque
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

CamRen, speaking as a physician (and human), I'm glad you're OK. Definitely dodged the bullet there.

As far as suing the body shop, they KNOW they are at fault if they had anything to do with the suspension, since entire subassemblies just don't FALL OFF THE CAR. And if it was something residual from the first incident, they STILL should have caught it. That's their job. So, the dealership will almost certainly settle before the case ever goes to court.

As a physician, I'm not one to advocate suing over every damn thing that goes wrong (current mentality seems to be that no matter what happens, somebody has to be at fault and, by God, PAY!!!!), but this is pretty clearly a case of them *****ing up MAJOR since you even took the car back and directed their attention to a steering problem. Now, you have a car that's twice wrecked, loss of the use of the car, further devaluation of a car due to the fact that you'll eventually sell/trade and have to disclose it's history and an *** that very well could have been in a big sling had that happened to you on the freeway. Not to mention any other folks that might have been taken out as a result.

I think they owe you more than just the cost of repairing your car.
Old 03-17-02, 02:52 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well this is my theroy.... think locically of what you FAIRLY deserve

for what they have done

i would say something like free repair, a solumn appology, and a settlement of some kind, whethere its 50% discount from now on or whatever... something, you know the body place best, think of what you deserve for this.

then split it in half, thats proboboly what you'll get if you have a good lawyer and get a good judge

hell im 15 and have never been to court this is my thoughts could be off.
Old 03-17-02, 03:05 PM
SandRock
Lead Lap

CamRen - I had the same thing happen to my other car....THE SAME THING!!!!!!!!!!!! IT WAS THE BALL JOINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THE BALL JOINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!When I turned left the car jerked left when I turned right the car jerked right. The next day wifey was pullin out the drive way and BAM everything that was connected to the wheel fell out and was on the ground!!!!!!!!!!She could have been killed!!!!!!!!!!!!The dealer tries to act like it was nothing...like an everyday thing. Get em...Get em!!!!! Just think if it came off while you were doing 80! Mine happened when the wheel was turned too.

Quick Reply: Damn near killed MY self yesterday W/my GS... GS back in bodyshop now :<(