GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Hypothitical question regarding body kits

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-02, 04:43 PM
Swifty
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hypothitical question regarding body kits

I know Poly Urethane is popular among the majority, but i wanted to know to what degree. I've asked a similar question before but i didn't word it right.

If Rod Millen, and VeilSide both offered a poly urethane bumper (with the same properties) at the same price (as each other), with thier exact current design which would you go for?

Any thoughts on why would be helpful too. Thank you.
Old 03-18-02, 06:24 PM
biggie27
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that would all depend on your taste, people would tend to go to veilside because they have very good qualty kits, but Ive heard alot of good things about the RMM kit too. I think it all comes to your taste in things if you like the agressive styling of Veilside then go for that, but on the other hand if you want to go with a more subtle look the I would go with the RMM kit.

personaly I wouldnt go with either I would love to have the ABflug kit it looks awsome and from what Ive heard its the most areo dynamic of the bunch
Old 03-18-02, 07:31 PM
CSHFLW
Lexus Test Driver

I had a poly wings west kit on my civic....I could run that thing into anything and it would have no problems...no cracked painted, nothing.....

two weeks after I have my fiberglass win kit installed I lightly tap into a curb parking....cracked the front clean through, and there was paint all over the curb....had to get it repainted....took the car in for service, they drove it over a speed bump too hard, cracked the rear bumper, had to get it repainted....

POLY is wayyyy nicer....but fiberglass is easy to mold, fix, and modify....
Old 03-18-02, 08:58 PM
gsnav
Lead Lap

I still like the style of the RMM but i'm bias, as you can tell hahahahahaha.
Old 03-18-02, 09:11 PM
R.U. IN AW?
Lexus Test Driver

hey GSNAV, will a L-sportline exhaust fit the veilside rear bumper? If memory serves me correctly, I read in a thread earlier that the L exhaust only fit the L rear bumper. Thanks for your help and by the way your car looks hot
Old 03-19-02, 01:32 AM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

Lsportline exhaust would fit any bumper, but it would stick out a lot. Personally I think it looks very great, even if it sticks out, and you need that kind of aggressive exhaust to go with veilside rear bumper. It would be a great combo -Veilside rear/Lsportline exhaust.
Old 03-19-02, 06:43 AM
mumbles
Lexus Test Driver

I really like the Veilside side skirts and rear bumper, but the front bumper doesn't do it for me. Based on that, I'd have to go with the RMM...
Old 03-19-02, 08:27 PM
itsallgood
Lead Lap

I remember asking this question to myself not to long ago. But your on the right track, poly urethane is the best way to go.
As my taste I like veilside and blitz, went with the L-sportline because of the price I got, just couldn't pass it up.

Aloha
Old 03-19-02, 08:44 PM
R.U. IN AW?
Lexus Test Driver

Default Hey GSINT

Hey GSINT,

Thanks for your reply. I have to give you Big-ups on your car. That right there is one tight A$$ ride. I was thinking of going that route as well (veilside), but didn't know what front bumper to go with. You see the front doesn't really work well for me, but the sides and the rear, I could floss that. Any suggestions? I wanted the explosion but you already beat me to it. I was thinking of the "Blitz" front or maybe even the "Attain". Help me out with some input. Thanks again.
Old 03-19-02, 09:31 PM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

RU-INAW, Always a pleasure to help out a fellow member who's about to make a beautiful GS happening

Personally RMM front is a bit plain to go with veilside sides/rear, what do you think of Lsportline? I like lsportline because it doesn't give you trouble for scrabbing if you have a reasonable drop. With my current Explosion, i have to be 100% careful when I go through every curve, sometimes it is a drag...

I wouldn't mind seeing another explosion on a nice GS also.
, it would sure go well with veilside IMO.
Old 03-19-02, 10:02 PM
R.U. IN AW?
Lexus Test Driver

Default You Don't Mind GSINT?

GSINT,

You wouldn't mind another GS with an explosion front bumper? I like the L-sport but I want just a little bit more aggressiveness. I like the lines that the veilside had for the sides and rear, but just thought having another explosion front would be copying from someone else. I know that the veilside come a dime a dozen and I'm not knocking anyone that has it because I am really leaning towards buying the three peices, but I needed to be an original with the front. I appreciate the gesture, and who knows I may lean towards that, but for right now I like the Blitz and the Attain front. Are there any other suggestions that you may give an individual that is trying to catch everyone else?

RU-INAW
Old 03-19-02, 11:08 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would go with VeilSide kit because I like it aggressive. But yeah POLY i would prefer over fiberglass, so if VLS kit is made with urethane I'll be real happy

I like sporty and aggressive things on my car so yeah. But if today I'm going for the clean look, I would probably get Admiration with some dish wheels
Old 03-19-02, 11:43 PM
R.U. IN AW?
Lexus Test Driver

Default Website for Admiration Kit

Hey Globe,

I know this have been posted several times, but can you give me the web address for the Admiration Kit? I haven't seen that one yet. Thanks for your reply.
Old 03-20-02, 12:13 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Website for Admiration Kit

Originally posted by RU-INAW
Hey Globe,

I know this have been posted several times, but can you give me the web address for the Admiration Kit? I haven't seen that one yet. Thanks for your reply.
www.admiration.ne.jp
Old 03-20-02, 12:24 AM
R.U. IN AW?
Lexus Test Driver

Default Thanks Globe

I took a look at it, and see where the clean look comes versus the aggressive look. I was wondering what do you think about the WALD kit? It's seems to be clean as well, but they are lip spoilers for the front and rear. Your thoughts. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Hypothitical question regarding body kits