GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Lexus Corporation WON'T replace my headlights due to condensation

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-09, 01:49 AM
ucfjon
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're surprised you were denied the president of Lexus's phone number?

Do you get special people's numbers on the daily? Would you contact the CEO of say, McDonalds, if one franchise's bathroom's floors were wet?

Try asking for Barack Obama's phone number, see what happens.

Anyone you talk to from Lexus/Toyota about this problem will have about as much authority as the building's janitor.
Old 05-02-09, 02:34 AM
g5cubed
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Best of luck:

Background: James D. Farley. Mr. Farley served as Group Vice President and General Manager of Lexus Division of Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc. since May 2007, where he was responsible for all sales, marketing and customer satisfaction activities for Toyota's luxury brand. Mr. Farley also served as Group Vice President and General Manager Lexus Division of Toyota Motor Corp. He served a wide range of positions including Lexus Product Planner, Manager of Truck Product Planning, Manager Truck Series Marketing and National Advertising Manager. He joined Toyota in 1990 in the strategic-planning department. Mr. Farley also served as General Manager of Product Management for Toyota Europe. He was involved with field sales operations as Central Area manager for the Lexus Division. Previously, he served as Corporate Manager of Scion. He served leadership roles at Toyota Marketing Division after the successful launch of the Scion brand across the United States and has brought an innovative approach to Toyota Marketing, developed as part of the Scion marketing model. Mr. Farley received an MBA from the UCLA Anderson School.

Full Office Address: 19001 South Western Avenue | Torrance, California 90509 | United States
Main Phone: 310-468-5084
Main Fax: 310-468-7803
Job Functions: Senior Key Executive
Old 05-02-09, 02:55 AM
BigManne
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

and while your at it. ask them to recall door lock actuators, lower ball joints and evaporator core boxes. did i cover everything? lol
Old 05-02-09, 04:52 AM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

All of you guys are wrong. I'll show you right now why they won't replace his/her headlights.

Originally Posted by Sheehan1p
As a gesture of good will on Lexus part I strongly feel that Lexus should replace the headlights on my car (all four headlights)
Old 05-02-09, 05:41 AM
phillygs3

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just do a retro
Old 05-02-09, 08:28 AM
timgs300
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DarKnight
All of you guys are wrong. I'll show you right now why they won't replace his/her headlights.
I was wondering when someone was going to pick up on the four headlights thing. Just try EBAY, clublexus, or Billy's Used Toyota and Lexus parts. Get those suckers so you can get 'em installed and be happy every time you look at the front of your car. And then you can say, "Hey, I replaced those myself" and have the satisfaction that you got 'er done!
Old 05-02-09, 08:45 AM
LT4mula
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BigManne
and while your at it. ask them to recall door lock actuators, lower ball joints and evaporator core boxes. did i cover everything? lol

X2. if you get that done I'll fly out there and reseal your headlights my self.
Old 05-02-09, 10:12 AM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

How about you go on ebay and pay $600 on a pair on oem hid headlight, they have them on ebay all the time and they are straight from the factory. Your not gonna get them replaced for free so leave it alone.
Old 05-02-09, 10:20 AM
JoelGs
Lexus Test Driver

When I had this issue a while back, they told me that it would cover 50k miles only for any warranty (headlight). I had just 2k over mileage and they wouldn't do a thing at all..I hope the Lexus Corporation take this very seriously..BTW the people that work in the Corporate office are really stupid. They don't give a s**** bout any of us that has this problem. They wants us to pay $1200-1500 per headlight..I had to clean mine and re-seal every dog gone gaps between the seals and housing...
Old 05-02-09, 01:18 PM
raytseng
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by JoelGs
When I had this issue a while back, they told me that it would cover 50k miles only for any warranty (headlight). I had just 2k over mileage and they wouldn't do a thing at all..I hope the Lexus Corporation take this very seriously..BTW the people that work in the Corporate office are really stupid. They don't give a s**** bout any of us that has this problem. They wants us to pay $1200-1500 per headlight..I had to clean mine and re-seal every dog gone gaps between the seals and housing...
I think they do give a s***, but it's a company and they need to keep costs under control.
If you don't like buying extended warranties, or paying repair costs, they could say, *everything* will be covered for 20years, like buying a new BMW; but the MSRP upfront cost of the car is now $250,000.

It is a similar argument to airfares. People who didn't check bags were subsidizing people who check bags. Now everything is a la carte. Only if you check a bag, they'll charge you $15 or so. If you want a snack, it'll be $5.
Old 05-02-09, 02:51 PM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

o wow , I had to laugh to myself a little ,

Best said when the floor is wet do you call the Maker of Mcdonalds ?

sorry to put this out there but you have purchased a USED car from a USED car lot. and they wouldn't even cover it , What makes you think that Lexus corp. will even talk to you and esp since you didnt even buy from a Cert. lexus dealership.

anywho , your not getting new lights but you have created a name for yourself on the boards ... that is forsure ... and so you know its a 1 piece headlight city lights/ high beams and regular housings. not 4 lights .

good luck and there are alot of lights forsale in the sale section .. good luck
Old 05-02-09, 02:59 PM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Received 112 Likes on 52 Posts

I dont understand this either, you are out of warranty how hard is that to understand? you just purchaced an eight year old car, YES 8 because the 2010's are out now.. what do you expect, you are buying a quality car but its used! and as BippuPXR said abouve me you didnt even buy it from a Lexus Dealer? How hard is that to understand? We've all had that problem and i dont think it such a big deal, just buy a used set like everyone else??
Old 05-02-09, 03:01 PM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well he can buy my JDM Aristo Hids , I can let them go for 2000.00 shipped ;P still saving 400 and get a rare part . eheh
Old 05-02-09, 04:03 PM
farquad
Lexus Test Driver

LOL! what a joke
Old 05-02-09, 05:47 PM
Sheehan1p
★ I

I guess I will see what happens when I get the Dispute Form And If they cant do anything I'm pulling $2500.00 out of my pockets for brand new set of smoked headlights but hey it was worth a shot....

Quick Reply: Lexus Corporation WON'T replace my headlights due to condensation