GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Altima.net claiming......

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-02 | 12:07 PM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Default Altima.net claiming......

that the Altima is as good for half the price????? One guy refers to the Altima as "cousin to the Lexus GS"!!!!!
http://www.altimas.net/forum/showthr...threadid=27524
Old 03-19-02 | 12:15 PM
mumbles
Lexus Test Driver

Kinda funny, I met that Russ guy when I used to drive a Maxima... he used to stir stuff up a Maxima.org too.
Old 03-19-02 | 12:27 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

Lol a CL-S guy is getting our back there..

im surprised.. Acura people and lexus guys have this thing between em.... thats what i think... they dont like each other as much..

Russ2kSE

I drive a:
Re: Why I'm no longer welcome at the Lexus dealer

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by jamwell06
I was at the Lexus dealership in Savannah helpin my mom pick out a new car- when some guy is about to purchase a new "GS" for $44000. He's sees my car- runs toward me and asks me what it is - i tell him an altima and it costs half of what the lex costs. (It's odd how similar the two cars look, even down to the instrument cluster) He immediately left that dealership and went to nissan. The lexus salesman was NOT happy... oh well
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOL! I personally would have still gotten the Lexus instead of a POS Alitma. Sorry but Lexus is the best in build quality and resale period!

Russ2kSE

I drive a:
Re: Re: Re: Re: Why I'm no longer welcome at the Lexus dealer
Hey Dumbass have you ever heard of a typo. I have owned more Nissan's than anyone on this board so don't even go there. This is my 1st Honda/Acura product and I am loving it.

Sorry but the Altima is a not POS compared to the LEXUS, but its not near as good or quality as the LEXUS would be. I would hope for the price difference yeah. Anyways I might have came out a little harsh on that. Sorry.

Yea the other thing, you can't compare the 2 either. Higher class people drive Lexus's since they have a much bette rep anyways, also, the car is just way out of the Altimas class.

plus his cL-S looks nice..
Old 03-19-02 | 12:35 PM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Its amazing how many ignorant people show their @ss on the net...

Originally posted by jamwell06
...the average buyer would just get the Lex cause of the name and associated prestige.....
Oh, yeah, right.... Nevermind the build quality and customer service rating for last billion years....

I don't think the "average" person would be comparison shopping the Altima and the GS anyway. A bright one, obviously.
Old 03-19-02 | 12:54 PM
JYOO

Damn, I must admit that orange Altima on there is off the HOOK!!!
Old 03-19-02 | 02:57 PM
LexFather

Fellas, I'm going in...........:eek: :eek:
Old 03-19-02 | 03:19 PM
mumbles
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
Fellas, I'm going in...........:eek: :eek:
Lord, we pray that you watch over our brother 1SICKLEX, that you keep him.... wait a minute.
Lord we pray that you watch over those poor souls at Altimas.net, they are about to walk through the valley of evil...
Old 03-19-02 | 04:00 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

sick, youre too late. i think i may have struck a nerve or something. they started talking about ***** and whatnot. but ill let sick take the lead now

Doc
Old 03-19-02 | 05:49 PM
LexusPride
Lead Lap

It's funny that the owners of these lower priced "bang-for-the-buck" cars i.e. the new Altima, Maxima, TLS, etc never deny that Lexus builds better quality vehicles, while at the same time telling us that we spent too much money. And that they surely could have afforded the extra $10-20k but chose to save it and purchase a better all-around car Then they go on to say that their next car will be either a BMW, MB or Lexus ??!!
Old 03-19-02 | 05:53 PM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by LexusPride
It's funny that the owners of these lower priced "bang-for-the-buck" cars i.e. the new Altima, Maxima, TLS, etc never deny that Lexus builds better quality vehicles, while at the same time telling us that we spent too much money. And that they surely could have afforded the extra $10-20k but chose to save it and purchase a better all-around car Then they go on to say that their next car will be either a BMW, MB or Lexus ??!!
You absolutely speak the truth.....and you sig is priceless.
Old 03-19-02 | 06:07 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

man that one guy got way heated over his "diet GS". cant believe he told me to do that to my dog!! guess the truth hurts.

Doc
Old 03-19-02 | 06:11 PM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Was he talking to you, or me?

Ahh, I'm done over there; just wanted to rattle his cage a little....

Last edited by ///MDex; 03-19-02 at 06:14 PM.
Old 03-19-02 | 06:23 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

just wanted to rattle his cage a little....
classic earnhardt reference!!! dex, i thought that he was talking to me but he may have been talking to you. is your dog single??

Doc
Old 03-19-02 | 06:33 PM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by DrRick
classic earnhardt reference!!! dex, i thought that he was talking to me but he may have been talking to you. is your dog single??

What a goofball.....

If I had a dog, and s/he was single, I sure as hell wouldn't bring it near that kid. He'd ruin the breed......

They might close that thread down before Sick has chance to muck it up a little.

Hey Sick: if you do go over there, PM me and I'll follow. I have no need to go back otherwise; call me a troll. I don't care.
Old 03-19-02 | 07:01 PM
zushwa
Lead Lap

Now THIS is a funny thread!!!

You guys are evil...and I love it!!

Quick Reply: Altima.net claiming......