GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

GS400 vs AUDI S4

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-02, 11:44 AM
LexCiting
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supercharged GS400 vs BiTurbo AUDI S4

On my way home from the office, and traffic has just letting up (night time). I am cruising and what do I see in my rear mirror: some HID lights cutting in/out of traffic. There is a slight bend in the road, and I see the car hugging the road. I can't figure out what it is, maybe a honda with HIDs? The light ahead is yellow, so I slow down. The car comes up to my rear bumper (to the point I couldn't see the HIDs), then gets into the right lane. I look over to see a blue car with tinted windows. I still don't know what it is, but whatever it is, the driver is revving the engine like crazy. Letting it coast back, then bringing it back up to the line. Obviously this is a stick. OK LETS PLAY! I put it into manual. The light turns green, and he hits first, and gets almost a car jump. Its an Audi (I see the 'circles' badge)! I hit it it, and hit the rev limiter, before I shift to 3rd. Too much gas I let off the gas , then back on again. Boost reads about 5lbs with my foot halfway on the gas, I slowly press down. I jump ahead. I think I hear his tires chirp as he shifts (WTF? Am I hearing things). I am still ahead but see he is at my back window. Almost going to the rev limit, I e-shift into 4th. Boost is at 7 or 8 lbs. Thats all she wrote. I am at 100 now, and about 2.5 cars and gaining distance. 120 mph and 3 cars. E-shift to 5th. 140 mph, and I see 2 HIDs in the distance (6 cars now). Shut her down, and e-shift to 4th, and I hear the blow off in my car. I wait for the Audi to catch up. We are at 85 now, side by side. I am still in 4th. I hear him downshift, and gun it. But as soon as I hear the downshift, I WOT it. Get a torque push back into my seat. Seems like less than a sec and I am back at 120mph again and going, and the Audi is 3 cars behind me. Shut it down again. The Audi stays back. So I continue on my way home, and stop by the gas station (don't want to run out of gas again!!!!). I am filling up and what do you know, the same Audi comes driving up. Dude comes out of the car, and is like, "That was fun as S***! I know you have a blower because I heard it!".
I ask him what he has and he tells me a 2001 Audi S4, with a TAP stage 1 chip & exhaust setup. He said he was running over 325hp at the rear (so he said). He was itching to see what was under my hood, but I was like "This is stock!". He looked at the front of my car and saw the intercooler, and was like "Yeah, right!" . He said that he normally crushes GS400s, and when I came past him, and he couldn't keep up, he was surprised, especially on that roll-on from 80. He said he wanted to see if I could keep up with him in the corners. (My fat butt car against an AWD car? I don't THINK so!) Anyway, he was a cool dude, and took the Loss. Said he would look out for me next time he was out on the streets so he knows what GS400 NOT to run up on! LOL

Lee

Last edited by LexCiting; 03-20-02 at 12:48 PM.
Old 03-20-02, 11:54 AM
Static911

good kill

Static911
Old 03-20-02, 05:32 PM
GS400_PUSHER
Lexus Champion

Hey LEXCITING, I think I know that guy....If his name is Ed he does have some work done to his S4 but 325@ the ground I doubt it. But it is faster than mine until this summer!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-20-02, 07:25 PM
ming 2.7T
Driver

stage 1 and exhaust that 325hp is not at the wheels.
If you go to the GIAC web site(Giacusa.com) they have a plot there. It showed that stock S4 had 165hp to the wheels and with a chip it went to ~215. Course with the AWD the plots are kinda weird.
Stock it puts out 250hp and 258lbs. Not to the wheels.
So chip would be 310hp and ~360lbs(apr chip for example). Not to the wheels.
Chip exhaust 320hp and ~370lbs. Dont know what it would measure to the wheels.
Nice run. LOL a SC in a GS, man whatta sleeper!!
Old 03-20-02, 11:25 PM
itsallgood
Lead Lap

Hey Lee

at least your getting some decent action to go up against. so far i ate a couple of honda accord's and civic's (real popular here in Hawaii), mustang's and camaro z28's, and the new altima 3.5 v6.
can't wait until Mo hooks me up with stage 3.

Aloha
Old 03-21-02, 07:16 AM
LexCiting
Lead Lap

Yeah, I was kinda doubting that claim of his, strictly because I think he would have kept up more if he had that much hp to the ground. Maybe he said at the crank. I'll give him the benefit that it was my mistake in hearing him say it was to the rear, maybe he just said it was dyno'ed at 325hp. Either way, it wasn't enough! LOL

~ ItsAllGood,
You going to stage 3? DAMN! Hopefully Moe will have his tranny ECU soon it help with the shifting! I am actually at 9lbs of boost now, and he is using my car as a "project" car to test out some minor modifications to the SC system. Also Moe is working on making the blower even quieter by recycling the blown air back into the system. He is suppose to do that mod to my car, and dyno it so we can see if you lose any HP, and if so how much. If I lose ,at most, 15-20 hp to get the engine to sound stock when it is at idle. I will let him keep that mod on the car. More than 20hp is too much for me, but I'll let Moe explain that to you.

~GS400_PUSHER,
I didn't get his name, but he was talking about his boost controller, and some other things he said he had on his car.
I told him that Moe should have his Dyno Machine installed by this weekend. (I am one of the first cars lined up to test it out)

I also had a quick race with a red/black stripes mustang GT this morning. It wasn't even close! I let him get the jump, AND 2 car lengths. Then I blew past him, AND chirp the tires at 50mph when I went by him. That must have scared him because he hung back in the rear. But KEPT trying to blow past me when he thought I was caught in traffic. No dice!!!! LOL

Lee
Old 03-21-02, 07:22 AM
biggie27
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey lee I was wondering how much the setup cost you I would appreciate it if you message me the price of the setup and install. If you dont mind
Old 03-21-02, 07:43 AM
LexCiting
Lead Lap

biggie27,

You have a PM.

Lee
Old 03-21-02, 11:58 AM
alexus
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

LexCiting: heh nice
Old 03-21-02, 06:35 PM
GS400_PUSHER
Lexus Champion

Hey Lexciting, when is the big race I want to be a witness to the DRAMA............LOL with my video camera
Old 03-22-02, 07:18 AM
LexCiting
Lead Lap

GS400_PUSHER,

It is coming up in a couple of weeks. I have 2 races. With the M5, and the C5. Just waiting for the weather to get warmer, plus since it h as been raining for 2 weeks, I haven't had a chance to get use to the car yet. Hopefully in a week or so. I still have to get use to it pulling to the right a little at 80mph! I think I need to get better tires in the back. Maybe Pirelli's for the back, and keep the Falkens in the front. If I do that, then I'll let you know so I can burnout and smoke the back Falkens for your video!

Lee

Last edited by LexCiting; 03-22-02 at 07:30 AM.