GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Lawyer/title

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-02 | 10:21 PM
alexus
Pole Position

Unhappy LAWYER / TITLE

i have some "seriouse" situation with my lexus title.. i was wondering if there is any lawyers who perhaps could give me some advice or suggestions or tips .. i don't really want to "share" whole sad story with everyone on the forum.. but i'd appreciate if someone either PM me or relay here with their contact information..

thanks in advance

Last edited by alexus; 03-22-02 at 12:47 PM.
Old 03-22-02 | 04:36 AM
GS400_PUSHER
Lexus Champion

Man sounds deep! I hope someone helps you out man!
Old 03-22-02 | 10:05 AM
alexus
Pole Position

thanks

... any one? with legal advice?
Old 03-22-02 | 07:14 PM
BADGS400
Driver

I dont think anyone is goign to help with out knowing what to help on buddy. Maybe just a brief discription would yeild much more responce, hope everything works out for you, if you were around here i could tell you an awsome lawyer that gets me out of EVERYTHING including a iluding police 125 ina 45 and C&I(carless and imprudent driving) all got marked down to non moving violation, should have had licsence removed for 2 years, i had something like 18 point that were SUPPOSED to go against me
Old 03-22-02 | 07:40 PM
400DGRZ
Lexus Champion

All of that and you're only 16?
Old 03-22-02 | 07:53 PM
BADGS400
Driver

yeah, got all those tickets 3 days after i got my liscence, after that ive gotten fail to yeild on a "no right turn on red" 58 in a 35 "construction zone" and illegal windows for having them too dark, all these and im still 16, good thing i have my daddy, hes a good man that knows how to get me out of anything and everything, but going to driving school SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sitting there for 8 hours, and i had to do it twice!!!!!!!!!i havent had a ticket in 8 months and hopefully never another one or else ill have no car :eek: :eek: :eek:, almost 17 now and ill try to never have another ticket till i get out of highschool, cause i really have a bad record, but i dont care all of them have been reduced to non-moving violations(doesnt mean *****) and my insurance is still basically nothing, only like 70 bucks a month, im insured as a main driver of a 55 chevy belair, but in our plan you only have to be a main driver of one car so i can drive all our cars and MY car!!!! we have so many cars its rediculous......my GS400 dads LS400, brothers Wtrans-am w/ ram-air(fast as f*k) a 98 jeep and a 96 jeep, a 55 chevy belair, a brand new corvette, a dodge durango, and last but definatley not least a 67 vette

9-cars, two garages, kinda looks like we have a party going on all the time

BTW: THE 1998 SILVER LS400 IS FOR SALE, PERFECT CONDITION 36 THOUSAND MILES, BRAND NEW TIRES LESS THAN 20MILES ON THEM, NO DENTS, NO CHIPS, NO SCRATCH, ALL OPTIONS, PERFECTLY CLEAN, NEVER DRIVIN IN THE WINTER, ASKING 34,000 FOR IT BUT PRICE IS VERY NEGOTAIBLE!!!!!! EMAIL ME OR P.M. ME IF YOU WANT PICS OR TO TALK ABOUT A DEAL
Old 03-23-02 | 08:21 AM
alexus
Pole Position

okay.. well long story short is that person who i got my car from claiming that he lost title and he's trying to get state to re-issue him one, but i drive without a title/registration for almost 4 month now.. enough is enough, i was wondering if i can get some legal advice in this area.
Old 03-23-02 | 09:24 AM
BADGS400
Driver

that is simple, you can get another title yourself, go to a dealer and explain the situation, they should help you out. When i worked at toyota people lost there title or cars would com in with no title, and they would eventually get another one for it. I dbout legal advise will be needed here.
Old 03-23-02 | 09:29 AM
alexus
Pole Position

Originally posted by BADGS400
that is simple, you can get another title yourself, go to a dealer and explain the situation, they should help you out. When i worked at toyota people lost there title or cars would com in with no title, and they would eventually get another one for it. I dbout legal advise will be needed here.
how can dealer possible help me?.. leally car belongs to this guy.. not me.. i dont know what state you live in but i have never heard that dealership do anything at all with titles, as far as i know if you buy new car dealer might do the paper work by him/her self by taking them to local DMV and proceed with all this paper work and then will return to you so you dont have to go yourself to DMV.. that's all.. how else can dealership help?
Old 03-23-02 | 06:49 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Do you have any proof that you indeed bought the car from this guy?

Hopefully you just didn't drop a wad of cash and said thank you when he gave you the keys.

If you did that and he's a dishonest m(#)%r f#)$)r , he can get title back or even report the car stolen.

I would get some serious legal advice or get cops involved real quick. Bottom line is for you to ACT before he continues with any type of devious activity.

Good luck. Hope everything works out OK.
Old 03-23-02 | 09:23 PM
alexus
Pole Position

Originally posted by GS4fun
Do you have any proof that you indeed bought the car from this guy?

Hopefully you just didn't drop a wad of cash and said thank you when he gave you the keys.

If you did that and he's a dishonest m(#)%r f#)$)r , he can get title back or even report the car stolen.

I would get some serious legal advice or get cops involved real quick. Bottom line is for you to ACT before he continues with any type of devious activity.

Good luck. Hope everything works out OK.
i do have "receipt of sale" which was signed by 3 people, me him and "witness", the guy is trying to get a title its just it taking too ******ng long. i was wondering if i could have someone form legal department to give him a call and explain that what hes doing is wrong and that i'm about to press charges against him and yada yada yada.. basically just threat him a little so he'd move his fat *** and go to DMV himself and wont leave untill he get the freaking title
Old 03-24-02 | 05:21 AM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by a1exus

i do have "receipt of sale" which was signed by 3 people, me him and "witness", the guy is trying to get a title its just it taking too ******ng long. i was wondering if i could have someone form legal department to give him a call and explain that what hes doing is wrong and that i'm about to press charges against him and yada yada yada.. basically just threat him a little so he'd move his fat *** and go to DMV himself and wont leave untill he get the freaking title
OK so if you do indeed have receipt of sale, go to DMV yourself and ask for the title. Maybe the reason its taking so long is that the car was not fully his yet (ie it was being leased or financed) and he had to obtain the title from the financing company. If thats the case, it probably would take a while...those companies make getting a car very easy but when it comes to anything else (like getting a title at the end) it takes an act of GOD for them to act.

Good luck.
Old 03-24-02 | 05:34 AM
alexus
Pole Position

Originally posted by GS4fun

OK so if you do indeed have receipt of sale, go to DMV yourself and ask for the title. Maybe the reason its taking so long is that the car was not fully his yet (ie it was being leased or financed) and he had to obtain the title from the financing company. If thats the case, it probably would take a while...those companies make getting a car very easy but when it comes to anything else (like getting a title at the end) it takes an act of GOD for them to act.

Good luck.
i do have receipt, however it doesn't help me due to the car on east coast now and owner (previouse registration) is in mid west.. maybe in that DMV i could've done something but not on east coast.. and when i came to DMV or police station they refused to help me due to the car isn't registered under my name

the car was purchased on business name to deduct taxes .. i know that he contacted his dmv, 'cause they request him some paper from police department and i had to go to police department to take this paper and he was on the phone with them trying to explain what do they need to do..
Old 03-25-02 | 06:41 PM
salimshah

Title info:

When a vehicle is purchased the real owner (my bank for me) has its name on the title. When I paid off the loan, the bank released the title to me and signed off its rights to the title. DMV of Texas still thinks the title is in the bank's name. If I lose the title, I will have to go to the DMV and then back to the bank for release and back to the DMV to have a clear title.

DMV suggests that I take the released title and apply for a "clear" title in my name (+ processing fee). This cuts down at least one agency/bank if the title is lost.

I would expect reasonable delay if all things are in order.

For fellow CL members, I would strongly suggest that do not part with money till the title is released in your name.

Salim
Old 03-25-02 | 06:47 PM
BADGS400
Driver

dude im tellin you, just go talk to a car dealer or the manager of a car dealer, the have to go through this EVERYDAY for cars they reposes/cars that came in w/ no title(cars from auctions) usualy more than once!!! They will tell you what you need to do and how to do it, just trust me on this, i worked at one for a long time and they do this stuff for a living, and if they cant help(or just dont want to) then oh well you tried right?

on to the next try...

Quick Reply: Lawyer/title