GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Scam on Ebay

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-02, 09:26 PM
LX470Mann
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scam on Ebay

Check this GS400 out, the lady said her parents died and she needs to get rid of this car. It sold for 13,000+, I offered her 15,000 cash after the auction ended suprised it sold for so cheap in the first place. She agreed to my 15 and said mail me the money and I will send you the car. I agreed to send her a check if she took the car to Lexus in Lousianna, she kept making excuses saying I am wasting her time, yada yada yada. I could tell something was going on, so I reported her to Ebay authorities, within 10 minutes her IP was blocked from ebay and they cancelled her username, scumbag. And to think, me and my friend were thinking of flying down their one way, and driving back. If we had gotten down their and no car, there woulda been two big dudes kickin her a$$. watch out people!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1813396919
Old 03-22-02, 09:59 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no one, i repeat, NO ONE, shall take advantage of us lexus owners...
Old 03-23-02, 01:49 AM
CSHFLW
Lexus Test Driver

How would ebay know anything was going on?
Old 03-23-02, 05:21 AM
whitels
Lexus Test Driver

Received 19 Likes on 2 Posts

Something was definitely going on. The bidding was stopped by the seller before the ending date. The car appeared to be on a used car lot along with other Lexus cars. The ebay location also says, "Lexus City, LA". Carfax gave the car an OK.

Maybe the auction was a fixed to sell to a known person for a purpose. Who knows, perhaps estate sale to minimize the tax on probate...
Old 03-23-02, 05:35 AM
BLW
Driver

Exclamation I contacted them also

I had contacted the seller via email when the car first went up on ebay. They originally started their bidding at 17,995.00 with no reserve. They claimed the car was owned by an old couple and had navigation and that they would ship the car to me and would refund the money if I wasn't satisfied . I ran the VIN# through Carfax and saw that it had been through 2 southeast auto auctions and knew then that these sellers were not 100% on the up and up. I emailed them again asking for the dealership name and a phone # that I could reach them at and ask a few more details about the car . They never responded to that email. The next time I looked at their auction the price had dropped by more than half and bids started coming in. I felt that this person was not on the up and up and never bid on the car .The next time I looked, the auction had been stopped early and I decided to see if the deal would go through. I kept going back to it and finally saw that the sellers became unregistered with eBay. I am glad I never bid and that a CL Member had a part in taking these sellers off of ebay.
Old 03-23-02, 08:11 AM
alexus
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

saksfifthcloset (1) Not a registered user

seller is no loner is registred
Old 03-23-02, 08:38 AM
BLW
Driver

saksfifthcloset (1)
is now unregistered because LX470Mann got in touch with ebay and complained and ebay unregistered these sellers because of their shady dealings.
Old 03-23-02, 09:24 AM
LX470Mann
Pole Position

apparently the lady had 1 positive feedback for a gucci bag, me and my friends figure this lady put a gucci bag for sale under a different user id and bid and won the auction, then left positive feedback for herself, never making a money exchange, who would know. She also had another auction in the works when ebay killed her id, that auction was for 3 sony plasma tv's(very shady) When Ebay mailed me they said she had stolen the pictures of the tv's from another ebay user's sale and was already under investigation. She probably got that pic of the lex from someone elses auction. SCUM!!!!
Old 03-23-02, 09:39 AM
LX470Mann
Pole Position

found the scam for the plasma tv's
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1339997941
don't these tv's sell for 10 grand new?? If you just bought three wouldn't the store let you return it?? It would be cool if one of you members contacted her about the tv and ****ed around with her, and then when she thinks everything is going good, BAM, let her know Sandi who was going to by her "Lexus" told you everything.
Old 03-23-02, 09:43 AM
alexus
Pole Position

you have no idea how much scam is on eBay..

i was trying to get laptop from there.. i'd say 7 out of 10 is scam..
Old 03-23-02, 09:53 AM
LX470Mann
Pole Position

I will never pay for something that is check or money order only, strictly paypal. Paypal will refund you if the item is not sent, legit.
Old 03-23-02, 09:55 AM
alexus
Pole Position

sorry to disappoint you man.. but paypal isn't safe either..

i lost few thousands of dollars using paypal..

paypal will withdraw that amount of dollars off of user's account but if other user has less or none of amount on his account you going get back that amonut or nothing back to you..
Old 03-23-02, 10:19 AM
CSHFLW
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by a1exus
i'd say 7 out of 10 is scam..

No way.....I have bought tons and tons of things of ebay and NONE has every been a problem.....thats what feedback is all about.
Old 03-23-02, 01:25 PM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by CSHFLW

No way.....I have bought tons and tons of things of ebay and NONE has every been a problem.....thats what feedback is all about.
gotta agree, if 70% of all ebay was a scam I don't think ebay would be doing too well. Most are ligitimate. And its more like 1 or 2 out of 10 are scams
Old 03-23-02, 03:17 PM
Jayson
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have to agree with the two posts above this one. I have never been ripped off buying on eBay. I have, however, sold stuff on eBay and never received the payment. That infuriated me because it's a real pain in the neck to try and get eBay to give me my listing money back.

I never buy anything from someone with the sunglasses next to their name. If the purchase is over $100, I always check their positive feedback auctions to see what the dollar amount of those auctions were. I'd be skeptical of someone who has a feedback of 25 positives on GI Joe dolls and is now selling a $50k Lexus.

Quick Reply: Scam on Ebay