GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Prefab sub box that'll fit my gs430 on the raised floor?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-09, 08:36 AM
Debonair
iModerate

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by carbongs
i bought a generic one for the gs4 a while back fit perfect but had to do a little modification so that i could increase trunk space. basically cut the back to make it more shallow. I believe it is made by a company called ASC.
I purchased a generic 12in box an did this exact same modification to it. I was going to put an angle on the back but got lazy. It fits perfect under the seatbelt box.

Old 06-02-09, 10:27 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCal Cyco
sakataj- we are talking about a sub box that fits in the trunk in the raised section closest to the back seat right? if so the box in question is not a custon box for the gs. it is a single 12" bandpass box that is not ported. it is about 16-18" hight x 13-15" wide that fits perfectly in the raised section of the trunk. it only takes up about a 1/3 of the reaises section. i would serch q-logics boxes. i just had surgury on my foot so i am unable to take pics of it at this time, and i am not very good at uploading pics on this forum (i need a tutorial). i will describe it for you though: i mentioned the roughly the size of the box, it is black with a grey ring around the hole where the sub goes and a grey q-logic badge in the lower right corner. i hope this helps. if it is still kinda vauge pm your email and i will hoop you up with pics ( i can send them via email no prob haha)
lol...sorry i thought you'll meant one that would hang in the OEM location not one on the ground. you had surgery on your foot so you cant take pics.......????? ok lol....get better so you can take pics
Old 06-03-09, 09:27 AM
SHiZNiLTi
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Too bad you guys don't live in AZ. I'd build you all some bad@ss boxes at a great price

I built a 3.5cuft 4th order enclosure for my (2) 1000rms RE SX 10's. It fits perfect for height and width in the raised part of the trunk perfect, but protrudes out a bit due to it's size. But for a single 12 you would only need a 2.5cuft and it would sit flush on that raised section. Just in case you don't know what a 4th order bandpass is I'll let ya know... It's a sealed box connected to a ported box, the subs are hidden in the middle of the box. If you remove the factory sub you can fire the port directly up through the hole in the rear deck, this routes all of the bass into the cabin of the car and eliminates trunk rattle. Also 4th orders are very good for sound quality and if made right can gain 3db SPL.

Click the link in my sig to see the making of the 4th order.

Here is a vid of my (2) 10's in a 4th order...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x82brWQLUPQ

Let me know if you guys need a quick design skteched out for ya with a cutsheet.

Old 06-03-09, 01:12 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SHiZNiLTi
Too bad you guys don't live in AZ. I'd build you all some bad@ss boxes at a great price

I built a 3.5cuft 4th order enclosure for my (2) 1000rms RE SX 10's. It fits perfect for height and width in the raised part of the trunk perfect, but protrudes out a bit due to it's size. But for a single 12 you would only need a 2.5cuft and it would sit flush on that raised section. Just in case you don't know what a 4th order bandpass is I'll let ya know... It's a sealed box connected to a ported box, the subs are hidden in the middle of the box. If you remove the factory sub you can fire the port directly up through the hole in the rear deck, this routes all of the bass into the cabin of the car and eliminates trunk rattle. Also 4th orders are very good for sound quality and if made right can gain 3db SPL.

Click the link in my sig to see the making of the 4th order.

Here is a vid of my (2) 10's in a 4th order...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x82brWQLUPQ

Let me know if you guys need a quick design skteched out for ya with a cutsheet.

wanna make me one for a single 12? pm me if u do...we'll talk from there
Old 06-04-09, 10:52 PM
tom steele
Lead Lap

like this one correct this i made for my w-7 13
Attached Thumbnails Prefab sub box that'll fit my gs430 on the raised floor?-trunk-pic.jpg  
Old 06-04-09, 11:21 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Too bad you live too far from me Brian or I'd help you out, but let me know if you're ever in NorCal.

Originally Posted by sakataj
wanna make me one for a single 12?
Single 12" with CF cover and custom mounted STB. I did it this way so that the trunk area would match the theme of my engine compartment.

My box is rectangular, with the CF cover on top.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 06-05-09 at 10:21 AM.
Old 06-05-09, 09:21 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Check out this thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...look-like.html

It's kind of old but I'm sure you can get some ideas from it. There's some in the that match the description you're looking for. My setup is on page 5, I'd suggest going custom over pre-fab, it looks good, and sounds better ...
Old 06-05-09, 10:02 AM
SHiZNiLTi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TruPlaya26
Check out this thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...look-like.html

It's kind of old but I'm sure you can get some ideas from it. There's some in the that match the description you're looking for. My setup is on page 5, I'd suggest going custom over pre-fab, it looks good, and sounds better ...
Found this on that thread, it's a very nice design layout that utilizes the factory sub hole...
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/3880110-post11.html
Old 06-05-09, 10:06 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SHiZNiLTi
Found this on that thread, it's a very nice design layout that utilizes the factory sub hole...
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/3880110-post11.html
I love that design and the best part is that he still has access to his spare. Mine use the stock sub hole as a port, but I had to take my spare out
Old 06-05-09, 11:24 AM
Anthony
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SHiZNiLTi i love your box design, thats exactly what i wanted to do. How much do you charge
Old 06-05-09, 10:56 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
Too bad you live too far from me Brian or I'd help you out, but let me know if you're ever in NorCal.

Single 12" with CF cover and custom mounted STB. I did it this way so that the trunk area would match the theme of my engine compartment.

My box is rectangular, with the CF cover on top.

ha....i've never even been to cali. been all over the world but never been to cali.
that looks AWESOME glenn btw. what sub u running?

Originally Posted by TruPlaya26
wow just looked over this again....wringo's setup is sick man Post # 87.....absolutely amazing. just the paneling and cutting the access panels would be some $$$

Last edited by sakataj; 06-05-09 at 11:04 PM.
Old 06-06-09, 02:17 AM
SHiZNiLTi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sakataj
ha....i've never even been to cali. been all over the world but never been to cali.
that looks AWESOME glenn btw. what sub u running here?
Looks like a 1000rms Earthquake Subzero-12....
http://www.earthquakesound.com/subzero.htm

They were a $400-$500 sub back in 2006, it has 4inches of long throw excursion so this thing moves, would be amazing with a ported 4th order because you would feel alot more air moving and it would give girls in the back seat with long hair small afro, similar to how my 1000rms RE SX 10's do

Earthquake makes some badass subs too, I've heard the HoLeeS12
12" Elite Competition series and it was amazing for a single sub setup, can burp @ 7000rms...
http://www.lightav.com/car/earth/holees15.jpg
Old 06-06-09, 04:32 PM
SPL FREEK
Driver

check bass zone boxes. used them before.
Old 06-06-09, 06:55 PM
scooter58
Lexus Test Driver

i have 2 kenwood excelon flat 12's in a sealed box that fits on the hump.
asking $220 for subs+box

look in the
2nd gen classifieds for pics
clean out my garage (topic)
Old 06-06-09, 07:01 PM
sjlexus408
Driver

get 2 10 jl w6v2 with with jl sealed enclosure it fits pefectly in the raised floor you dont have to remove stock sub and it does not stick out.also sounds very very clean i highly recommend it. i have the same setup.

Quick Reply: Prefab sub box that'll fit my gs430 on the raised floor?