GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

SuperCharged GS400 vs 2001 Camero SS

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-02, 01:51 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take a digi cam with you and tape it!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-26-02, 02:17 PM
CSHFLW
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I beilve I saw 13.01 in this months motor trend...vs the AMG
Old 03-26-02, 02:26 PM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by CSHFLW
I beilve I saw 13.01 in this months motor trend...vs the AMG
I think we've made a pretty good case here that it is the driver that is usually the primary variable. Being that the M5 is a stick only, that even heightens LCs chances.

I'd give him the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Peace
Old 03-26-02, 04:09 PM
LexCiting
Lead Lap

CSHFLW,

Not doubting those numbers, but that was a professional driver. I seriously doubt the dude I am racing will achieve those numbers. Plus you have to factor in the SURPRISE factor. He doesn't know that my GS is modded outside of a exhaust system. The key is going to be if he can shift at the perfect time. All I have to do is hit the gas!

Lee
Old 03-26-02, 05:58 PM
KKelly
Lead Lap

A guy in the dyno thread posted 322 rwhp and 285 tq with Stage II supercharger. A stock M5 dyno's approx. 350 rwhp
342 Torque (that was from an actual run, of course they vary). If you actually get 400+ to the wheels you shouldn't have a problem. If not, it will be the driver. To be safe, buy some race gas.
Old 03-26-02, 08:38 PM
itsallgood
Lead Lap

Originally posted by LexCiting
Actually I just got off the phone with Moe. I will probably run my car this weekend to see the what numbers I have. Also he will be fine tuning my car, and adjusting the fuel management ECU, to get rid of any flat points. Probably Sat or Sun.
Hey Lee,

You gotta let me know what's the out come from the dyno @ Mo's this weekend.
Can you PM me with what you have on your car so that I can compare it with what I have on mine?
I still can't kill a "SS" camaro not yet
well good kill.

Aloha
Old 03-27-02, 11:13 AM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

itsallgood: You should be able to take a Camaro SS. See my story Camaro SS Kill. I think your problem is all that heavy crap in your trunk!
Old 03-27-02, 11:24 AM
LexCiting
Lead Lap

Mr. Johnson: I was thinking that also.

itsallgood: You should not have any problems with a SS with your current setup. I'll definitely post the results of the dyno when I get it. Remember also if racing, to put it in e-shift, give it half throttle to build boost, and quickly shift to 3rd before you WOT, and hit the rev limiter (I know you know what happens when it hits the rev limiter). Do the same process in 3rd, and then WOT it in 4th (your power gear for WOT). I watched Moe shifting, and saw what he was doing. He always shifted in 2nd and 3rd when the rpms where at 4500, then WOT it when he got to 4th.
Old 03-27-02, 11:48 AM
itsallgood
Lead Lap

I'll try the shifting with e-shifts next time.

But Mr. Johnson, I think your right, my a** end might be to heavy. Well you can't have your cake and eat it too, I suppose.

I'll be looking forward to the results from the dyno @ Mo's.

Aloha
Old 03-27-02, 01:16 PM
LexCiting
Lead Lap

Yeah, try practicing using the e-shift. Until Moe gets that Tranny ECU out, thats the closes we have to shifting at the right points. Hopefully in the next week or so, I will be ready for my match up with the M5. I definitely will be using e-shift.

Mr. Johnson & itsallgood -
By the way, what kind of gas mileage are you getting? My gas gauge gets to the 1/2 mark at 160 miles, then it suddenly drops to a quarter tank after 168 miles. It happens everytime. I immediately get gas at that point/
Old 03-27-02, 02:21 PM
Isaak
Driver School Candidate

Congrats!!
Unless you have reprogrammed an e-shift to shift faster, you would accelerate even faster of the line from complete stop just using automatic mode. By at least couple of tens (1car length).
E-shift is way to slow... .
My brother has an M-3 with sequential 6-speed shift. Shift timing could be manually adjusted (5 different modes), the shortest is 0.08 sec!!!
Old 03-27-02, 04:09 PM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Exclamation

Originally posted by LexCiting

Mr. Johnson & itsallgood -
By the way, what kind of gas mileage are you getting? My gas gauge gets to the 1/2 mark at 160 miles, then it suddenly drops to a quarter tank after 168 miles. It happens everytime. I immediately get gas at that point/
From 140 to about 200 miles or so and the gauge just sits right above the 1/2 mark. Then the next time I start my car (I've never seen it happen while driving) *BAM* it drops to just above 1/4 tank. It's happened since the first day. Never worried too much about it though it would be nice to have a fix for it at some point.

I average about 16 1/2 MPG with mixed freeway and suburban driving.
Old 03-27-02, 08:35 PM
TexastyleGS4

Why don't you leave it in drive and keep your foot on the floor the whole time? Too much power=potential trans. damage?

My car is stock with Stage II SRT HFI/ECU leaving it in D versus E-shift yields the EXACT same times(track tested) with greater consistency leaving it in D.
I know it may not make sense, but go to the track, race your car both ways and see!

Have you tried leaving it in D?
Old 03-27-02, 10:04 PM
itsallgood
Lead Lap

Hey Tex,

I've tried leaving it in "D", but with the SC the revs hit the limiter:eek: So far What Lee said makes sense, using the e-shift keeps the car in the power band.

I had the SRT II intake/ECU and your right leaving it in "D" or using the e-shift doesn't really have a big difference, but having an extra +/- 100 hp, might require you to find the sweet spot between the power band and the shifts.

Aloha
Old 03-27-02, 11:27 PM
Mariusz
Lead Lap

Originally posted by KKelly
A guy in the dyno thread posted 322 rwhp and 285 tq with Stage II supercharger. A stock M5 dyno's approx. 350 rwhp
342 Torque (that was from an actual run, of course they vary). If you actually get 400+ to the wheels you shouldn't have a problem. If not, it will be the driver. To be safe, buy some race gas.
I believe marken recently posted 125RWHP gains for the Stage 2 SRT SC. That would put him at ~350rwhp, but wait it is not Stage 2, it is 2.5 !! Lol Just teasing lexiting... So assuming his GS weighs less than the heavy M5 and produces ~350+ (because it is stage 2.5 ) he should be able to edge out the M5. He will also get the advantage off the line with his TC. I've seen an average of 13.5 to 13.8 runs for an M5 at Englishtown in NJ. All in all, you should be able to take him, but M5's are quick so don't sleep on them. My honest opinion.

PS. There's nothing better than a *surprise look on a "victim's" face