GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Please Help! P0125 CEL won't go away!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-09, 05:56 PM
TonY_G
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok when i looked at the diagnostics sheet on the screen it said for P0125 cloosed fuel loop control, it had injectors and O2 sensors etc listed..but no ETC, he told me, most likely this isn't going to solve your problem..but i went ahead and did it anyway.

Now..as for the 02 sensors, i bought them brand new OEM denso..and the two fronts are same part #, two rears and same part #,

You can tell, the wires are smaller for fronts compared to rears, its pretty much idiot proof.

Im pretty sure its somehow my injectors.. i don't know why,
This experience has pretty much soured me, i've dropped $4500 since april in this car, including a full front end paint job and all maintenance work done..I also bought a 3.76 LSD brand new last August, so I think im gona sell this car soon and get something new.

So my 3.76 LSD will be up for sale soon on the classifieds

any more thoughts on what i should do now?
I changed the EFI sensor with new gasket as well..the plug and play one..and i even topped off the coolent as well..so i don't know what your saying? which other sensor? I was told there's one on the rad as well, but I was told by you guys to change EFI

I can't think of anything else..
Old 06-04-09, 08:37 PM
Mike813
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Something to check for.... I had the same exact code thrown a few months back and it drove me nuts as well. I changed (3) oem denso O2's and nothing changed, for me it turned out to be a short/break in the wiring near the o2 connectors. the easiest way to check for that is to get a voltmeter and check if you have power to begin with im not into electrical at all so i paid a mechanic 20$'s to do a quick volt test on the plug connectors & found my problem. they soldered the break and all is wonderful now, never again seen that p0125 again after.

if you search under my name youll see a old thread i created going nuts over this same code which gave everyone a headache the way i was *****ing about it lol :T
Old 06-04-09, 09:40 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 104 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by TonY_G
Ok when i looked at the diagnostics sheet on the screen it said for P0125 cloosed fuel loop control, it had injectors and O2 sensors etc listed..but no ETC, he told me, most likely this isn't going to solve your problem..but i went ahead and did it anyway.

Now..as for the 02 sensors, i bought them brand new OEM denso..and the two fronts are same part #, two rears and same part #,

You can tell, the wires are smaller for fronts compared to rears, its pretty much idiot proof.

Im pretty sure its somehow my injectors.. i don't know why,
This experience has pretty much soured me, i've dropped $4500 since april in this car, including a full front end paint job and all maintenance work done..I also bought a 3.76 LSD brand new last August, so I think im gona sell this car soon and get something new.

So my 3.76 LSD will be up for sale soon on the classifieds

any more thoughts on what i should do now?
I changed the EFI sensor with new gasket as well..the plug and play one..and i even topped off the coolent as well..so i don't know what your saying? which other sensor? I was told there's one on the rad as well, but I was told by you guys to change EFI

I can't think of anything else..
The one you changed was the plug for the ECT. The connector is the one that connects on top of the plug. Like I said, you would need to bring it to a mechanic to check it with his scanner to confirm. The scanner will show if the car is closed loop or not. He can also check to see if the ECT is at normal operating temperature or not. The sensor for the radiator is just the guage for the temperature. It does not control closed loop.
Old 06-04-09, 09:42 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 104 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike813
Something to check for.... I had the same exact code thrown a few months back and it drove me nuts as well. I changed (3) oem denso O2's and nothing changed, for me it turned out to be a short/break in the wiring near the o2 connectors. the easiest way to check for that is to get a voltmeter and check if you have power to begin with im not into electrical at all so i paid a mechanic 20$'s to do a quick volt test on the plug connectors & found my problem. they soldered the break and all is wonderful now, never again seen that p0125 again after.

if you search under my name youll see a old thread i created going nuts over this same code which gave everyone a headache the way i was *****ing about it lol :T
That also could be another culprit. But if you have a scanner, it would also show that if the O2 sensor is responding correctly or not. So again, need to check it with a scanner for accurate results. Or else we are just going to sit here and speak common sense.