GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

*look* New Rims and Kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-09, 04:23 PM
NCDUB
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks again. My question is how low can i drop it.lol. I mean I live in NC and the roads are not the best but ive seen alot worst. I mean i don't want it so low where when im going over a bridge the front is going to hit the road where there is a slight incline between the road and bridge. Thats going to be my only concern. Besides that the roads are not that bad. I want to clear the tail lights also. Any1 tried this? Just wondering how hard it was. Thanks
Old 06-03-09, 05:42 PM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

I would stay at the height you're at now. I think you have to put the tail lights in the oven to open them up then remove the yellow part. Just make sure the oven is off when you put the lights in. Turn the oven on to about 300-350 degrees for about 20 minutes then turn it off and put the lights in for about 10-15 minutes. You could put a piece of wood underneath them and also make sure they're not touching any part of the oven, test fit them in the oven first.
Old 06-04-09, 07:03 AM
Quick VR-4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by McDj18
Car Looks great! Not really feeling the oem grill with the body kit. Go aftermarket to complete the kit!
^^^This

With that said, car looks great!!!!
Old 06-04-09, 10:36 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What tire sizes are you running on those bad boys?

-They look good
Old 06-04-09, 11:00 AM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by NCDUB
I want to clear the tail lights also. Any1 tried this? Just wondering how hard it was. Thanks
I cleared mine using the oven method, it works but it's a pain. The glue isn't as heat-sensitive as other lights I've opened. Others have used a dremel to very carefully seperate the pieces, I don't trust myself to make a clean cut like that. Mine came out looking good but I got a couple very small stress marks in the lens, happens pretty easily when you're prying them apart since the lens is fairly thin. The back piece also distorted slightly so I couldn't get one of the screws to line up properly when mounting them. So you gotta be careful with the heat or you could melt the housing and destroy the light. I wouldn't put the oven above 200, turn it off once it's reached temp and put the light in, start working at seperating it after about 10 minutes. Work slowly, you'll probably need to put it back in the oven for a little longer at least once or twice. Or you could just buy mine, I've been meaning to put them up for sale soon since I switched to 01 tails.

EDIT: forgot to mention, your car's looking good, I like the wheels and the kit! The JP 3-piece will look great, and maybe a chrome trunk bar; the back is a little plain right now IMHO.
Old 06-04-09, 12:30 PM
scooter58
Lexus Test Driver

looking good.

nice clean mods.
Old 06-04-09, 02:42 PM
NCDUB
Driver

Default ?

Ok i decided to put this in and see what everyone thinks. Its not been painted yet but will soon. OEM or Aftermarket? Thanks again for all the compliments.
Attached Thumbnails *look* New Rims and Kit-picture-087.jpg   *look* New Rims and Kit-picture-089.jpg  
Old 06-04-09, 02:45 PM
NCDUB
Driver

Originally Posted by TruPlaya26
What tire sizes are you running on those bad boys?

-They look good
Thanks. Im running 275 on the rear and 245 on the front
Old 06-04-09, 02:54 PM
NCDUB
Driver

Originally Posted by Kyle Harty
I cleared mine using the oven method, it works but it's a pain. The glue isn't as heat-sensitive as other lights I've opened. Others have used a dremel to very carefully seperate the pieces, I don't trust myself to make a clean cut like that. Mine came out looking good but I got a couple very small stress marks in the lens, happens pretty easily when you're prying them apart since the lens is fairly thin. The back piece also distorted slightly so I couldn't get one of the screws to line up properly when mounting them. So you gotta be careful with the heat or you could melt the housing and destroy the light. I wouldn't put the oven above 200, turn it off once it's reached temp and put the light in, start working at seperating it after about 10 minutes. Work slowly, you'll probably need to put it back in the oven for a little longer at least once or twice. Or you could just buy mine, I've been meaning to put them up for sale soon since I switched to 01 tails.

EDIT: forgot to mention, your car's looking good, I like the wheels and the kit! The JP 3-piece will look great, and maybe a chrome trunk bar; the back is a little plain right now IMHO.
I appreciate it and the information. Yeah i would like to get the chrome trunk bar and most def the JP 3 piece wing or replica. if it fits good. Im going to wait and just get different tail lights i think. Every1 i saw that has posted something on clearing out the tail lights have ran into some issues. Im going to smoke the small ones and just wait to put different Rear ones in. idk. we will have to see. The only other thing i want to do on the outside is the JDM Rain Guards and The Chrome Aristo Door Handles.
Old 06-04-09, 03:30 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

That aftermarket grill flows real well with the sportier look of the kit. I'd keep it if I were you.
Old 06-05-09, 06:08 AM
Quick VR-4
Lexus Test Driver

Ok i decided to put this in and see what everyone thinks. Its not been painted yet but will soon. OEM or Aftermarket? Thanks again for all the compliments.
Old 06-05-09, 10:24 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

u gonna re-install your fogs after u get it painted?
Old 06-05-09, 11:04 PM
vietdeluxx
Lexus Champion

Wow..those rims got bigger lips than Angelina Jolie!
Old 06-06-09, 11:13 AM
NCDUB
Driver

Originally Posted by sakataj
u gonna re-install your fogs after u get it painted?
Yeah im putting the fog lights back in just have not had a chance to do it yet.
Old 06-06-09, 05:37 PM
ortizarn
Driver

car looks great!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: *look* New Rims and Kit