GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

SOLD! Farewell...But Not Goodbye

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-02, 07:58 PM
Brian S
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool SOLD! Farewell...But Not Goodbye

It's a bittersweet day guys. I sold my car today.

On the one hand, it's good. Because now I have the desperately needed money to pay off debt. On the other hand, today I lost the car that I love. All my friends that said, "It's just a car"....didn't understand.

I bought my Black 1999 GS400 on March 12, 1999. I was 19. It was the first car I bought and now it becomes the first car I've sold.

I don't think it has really set in, but it was sad to ride away leaving her in someone else's driveway.

I guess I'm not really letting most you in on anything new. I'm sure most of you remember selling the first car you were in love with. Lextasy as she was affectionately called by my friends, was my first car love. It's just kind of sad. She was sooooo much fun, and I looked forward -- every single day -- to getting in and turning the key. I'm really gonna miss that. It somewhat good because I haven't been driving her for months, so I've already been pried away from her somewhat. Had I only now given up my daily driver, it would have been really tough.

In any case, it's all memories now. The car, the trips I took, and the hours I used to spend here. Now it's time to move on. I remember that the decision that ultimately made me poor was mine, and I'm better off for it. The GS was my last reminder of the life I used to have. Okay, I still have the California King and the Big Screen Home Theater. But those are paid for.

I'll still stop in every few months and see what's happening. Who knows, maybe there's another Lexus in my future.

On a positive note, I'm happy with my buyer. I actually sold my car online. I sold it because of eBay, but not on it. He accepted my asking price and I took her off auction. I drove a couple days from my place in Michigan, to his location near Hartford, Connecticut, where I met him and completed the deal. The whole experience went well and I'd recommend this route, especially for those who'd have trouble selling their GS locally.

I've heavliy recommended ClubLexus (heck, his car's already got the sticker. ) and hopefully he'll be introducing himself in the next few days. He's an avid car guy and his current ride is a rare '95 6-speed Legend. I think Lextacy (or whatever he names her ) will be taken care of. Really, I guess my car's not leaving ClubLexus. I'm just passing the torch...

Thanks for all the advice, knowledge, entertainment, and memories!

Brian

The last time I use this signature...

Last edited by Brian S; 03-26-02 at 08:02 PM.
Old 03-26-02, 08:09 PM
ShowGSLuVv
Lexus Test Driver

im sorry to here that.... listen, if the new GS is nice, try to make it a goal to get it

ShOwGS
Old 03-26-02, 08:37 PM
RacingAristo

Brian,

I will join you later as I'm doing some research on my next project car, most likely would be imported from another country. GS430 has very limited ability to be tuned.

What is your next car?
Old 03-26-02, 09:06 PM
Brian S
Lead Lap

Next car? I'm pooooooooooor!

My '94 T-Bird is now my luxury car. She does have auto-dimming mirrors, auto-climate, and one working auto-seat.

Brian
Old 03-26-02, 09:51 PM
alexus
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

ah.. sorry to hear that .. i'm sure you'll pay your debt and get back on your feets and get your lexi back
Old 03-27-02, 02:29 AM
mooretorque
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Unhappy

Sorry, Brian. Best of luck. I have no doubt that you'll bounce back. You made it once and you'll make it again.
Old 03-27-02, 03:17 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brian, this is a sad day for you but as others have said, you will bounce back in no time.
Old 03-27-02, 04:41 AM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dude u almost made my cry!!

and i never cry.

thats a really sad story and im sorry it had to be true and happen to you. Like the others said im sure you'll be back in no time with a brand new Lex.

good luck and all the best man.
Old 03-27-02, 05:39 AM
mumbles
Lexus Test Driver

Brian,
A sad day indeed. I hope that you continue to stop by from time to time and say hi. Best of luck!
Old 03-27-02, 06:29 AM
Gs400TRD
Intermediate

Ask the guy if he wants to sell me his legend ....I have looked for a 6 speed acura legend for some time now...
Old 03-27-02, 07:29 AM
Johnny Mo
GX and 2IS Moderator

Default Tough day

Brian,

sorry to hear, but I'm glad you found someone to take care of her for you. Good Luck in the future and don't forget us.
Old 03-27-02, 07:44 AM
LexCiting
Lead Lap

No need to leave the ClubLexus site! You can still join in the threads!
Old 03-27-02, 08:01 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by LexCiting
No need to leave the ClubLexus site! You can still join in the threads!
Yeah, I am also lexusless at the moment, so it doesn't matter!!!
Old 03-27-02, 09:53 AM
whitels
Lexus Test Driver

Received 19 Likes on 2 Posts

Brian-

I think you made a great decision. Emotionally it's sad, but in the entire breadth of things, that is one POSITIVE move. Look at it as one step backward pushing you two steps forward. It is one step closer also to getting your next Lexus in the future.

Hang in there.
Old 03-29-02, 08:24 AM
Brian S
Lead Lap

Thanks for all the kind words. Unfortunately, I just lost my job at the local ABC affiliate as their weekend weather guy. They just got rid of their news operations. The noon show yesterday was the last, and no one knew until the 12:45 meeting that revealed we no longer worked there. Yesterday was strange day, but the copious amounts of alcohol did help. Really though, it's not such a huge deal for me. I was only getting 8 hours a week from that job. But the on-air experience was invaluable. Who I really feel bad for are my meteorologist friends and every other full-time news member that suddenly and immediately lost their job. It's not like everyone can walk to another station and start working again. Oh well, when God throws you a curve ball, you better learn to become a better batter.

GS400TRD,

The seller told me he already had a buyer for the car. Sorry.

Brian

Quick Reply: SOLD! Farewell...But Not Goodbye