GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

What upgrades to do on a leased car?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-02, 10:50 AM
mdw131
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What upgrades to do on a leased car?

I like having a new car every few years so we lease them....Since my car is leased what kinda of upgrades are worth it? The only thing i can think of for sure is Rims and tires....Possibly lowering it as well. Would it be worth it to do a rotor and brake upgrade? I like the aesthetic look of cross drilled rotors more then the performance aspect it has....

What else would u recommend...
Old 03-27-02, 04:49 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: What upgrades to do on a leased car?

Originally posted by mdw131
I like having a new car every few years so we lease them....Since my car is leased what kinda of upgrades are worth it? The only thing i can think of for sure is Rims and tires....Possibly lowering it as well. Would it be worth it to do a rotor and brake upgrade? I like the aesthetic look of cross drilled rotors more then the performance aspect it has....

What else would u recommend...
Go with the L-tuned Shocks and springs. Keeps the warranty and lexus happy. Bigger wheels are okay too. I would stay away from any type of motor work. Also, I heard that changing your brakes could void your warranty. maybe just change the rotors and keep the stock calipers; if that's possible.
Old 03-27-02, 07:33 PM
SADDLE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man if i were you i'd put some dubs on it, that would look nice, i like the zenetti mystics, in chrome, that would make your car look pimp (well, Pimper than it already is)

drew
Old 03-27-02, 09:14 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't put Zenetti Mystics...those are cheap knock-off's...

On a Leased car, just put stuff on it that is as "easy" bolt-on (like wheels)...hell, you can even do coilovers...but just understand, that when you return it, you have to take all that stuff off and you'll have to pay for the labor involved in taking all that stuff off...If that doesn't bother you, you can even put a Supercharger on there...

Personally, if I was leasing the car, I'd just put some wheels on it, lower it with coilovers, and that's it...MAYBE an add-on lip (like TTE)...all that stuff can come off with ease (the add-on lip would be the hardest) and you can always sell the parts here after you're done with 'em...